Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
526 Questions from the Community
Can you use these cables to watch videos from the xfinity app from iPhone 4 to tv?
- Asked by Kathleen J R from Collingswood
- 06 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use these cables to watch videos from the xfinity app from iPhone 4 to tv?)
I attempted to use the Xfiniy app via my iPad2 and the video did not connect through my TV. I was successful with streaming content from my Netflix app. Apparently it does not appear that Xfinity is yet formatted for this AV Cable.
- Answered by Dan R from Westminster
- 02 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use these cables to watch videos from the xfinity app from iPhone 4 to tv?)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- 03 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- 03 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
CAN I USE IT WITH SLING BOX SOLO?
- Asked by Robert D from Hingham
- 12 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN I USE IT WITH SLING BOX SOLO?)
yes,its call Lightning to HDMI adapter but it only working with your HDMI TV and you need purchased with HDMI cable as well
- Answered by Mohd Sukri A from Batu Cave
- 10 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do you do AV cable for the iPhone 5s to to go to the TV to watch films from your phone)
What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?
I am seeking the best sound quality someone said I should use a airport express?
- Asked by Kristen I from Downingtown
- 12 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
The iWires 3.5mm cable will be the easiest way to connect to a Bose wave system without using the Bose Wave connect kit. No adapters needed simply connect the cable from your iPad 3.5mm Jack into the Headphone input on the rear of the Wave system. This should provide decent quality audio providing you adjust the volume on your iPad to a level that does not cause distortion when using the Wave system at high volume levels.
Alternatively you could purchase the Bose Wave Connect Kit which is specifically designed for iDevices but it will no doubt be the most expensive option & I doubt the difference in audio quality will be worth the extra expense.
- Answered by Jamie H
- 01 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best cable to use to hook up iPad to Bose wave system?)
You can if the game supports it for exampl copper 2 dose this
- Answered by Luke W
- 01 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can we play iPhone games on TV through this cable?)
It will work to display video, but not to mirror your iPhone or iPad display. Just the apps that support an external display, like movies and YouTube. You need different cables for mirroring, which don't work on iPhone 3GS and iPad 1.
Will the cable output the main interface to my TV if I'm using a 6th gen iPod classic?
I'd like to be able to select and play songs while watching the output on the tv. Am I able to view the song selection interface on the tv?
- Asked by Luke Z from Tempe
- 03 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the cable output the main interface to my TV if I'm using a 6th gen iPod classic?)
There are more than one composite cable type, version or code?
I would like to know the difference (if there is any) between the composite cables versions. I've heared that some old cables don´t support devices as iPhone4 or iPad.
Is that true?
In that case, which cable code should I look for to use it with iPhone4 and iPad devices?
- Asked by Fabian S from Capital Federal
- 06 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (There are more than one composite cable type, version or code?)
Can. I use the composite cable to hook an apple tv to run my ipad2
I want to use my iPad 2 AirPlay wireless
- Asked by Helen L from Spring Valley
- 02 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can. I use the composite cable to hook an apple tv to run my ipad2)
WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .
- Asked by Dallas P from Hesperia
- 03 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .)
This is the correct cable. The yellow is used for video and the white and red are for stereo audio. If you do not have the red input, you will only hear one channel of sound.
- Answered by Warren R from Chandler
- 03 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (WHAT DO I NEED IF MY TV ONLY HAS A YELLOW AND A WHITE AUDIO IN .)
Will it stream sky go from iPad 1
Will the apple composite av cable connect to a tv and stream sky go from iPad 1
- Asked by Philip H
- 12 29, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it stream sky go from iPad 1)
The digital AV adapter is HDMI and includes a higher definition video output that the composite (RCA Jacks -Yellow, Red, White) which is analog video (yellow). I don't know if the audio signal is better in the HDMI vs the RCA (Red/White) - it depends on what the iPad sends.
- Answered by James H from Olmsted Falls
- 02 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (whats the difference between the composite av cable & the digital av adapter)
Can i use this cable to hook my ipad to my In dash headunit in my Truck? I want to get Video and audio to play on all my tv's & be able to charge it.Answer
yes or buy an aux cable