Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
AV component cable discontinued?
I went online to the Apple Store to search for the AV component cable which is recommended to connect to an HDTV which lacks an HDMI port. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on the Apple Store site. The only thing I find is the Composite Connector. Has the Component Connector AV cable been discontinued? If not, where can I find it?
- Asked by Randy B from La Crescenta
- 06 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (AV component cable discontinued?)
No, the cable is for connecting iOS devices to TVs. See list of supported devices.
i'm pleased that you asked that question.
I have been advised to buy the component cable rather than the composite if your TV is pretty new and, I guess, pretty good (HD ready etc.)
The problem is picture degradation as the Sky app is for the iPhone so degrades when blown up to TV size, which makes sense.
- Answered by Dennis J
- 09 9, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i watch the sky sports app with a composite av cable from my iphone 4 to tv?)
Yes! This cable is perfect for watching content off of the iTunes store. If you have an HDTV, I would recommend buying the HD content, as it is much sharper and of higher quality than standard videos.
- Answered by Michael M from Kingsport
- 11 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch a film bought on my iphone from itunes and watch it on my television at home?)
When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?Answer
It depends if it is a stereo made specifically for iPods and apple stuff, like the ihome. If you're using an auxiliary cable you usually use volume control on both the stereo and the iPad/iPod. Most people I know say that if you have it plugged into your car stereo, it sounds better if you have the iPad/iPod volume up just halfway or thee fourths of the way, and then control the rest with the stereo. I dont know why the volume of your iPod or iPad would effect the sound quality over the stereo, but apparently it does(:
- Answered by Anthony T from Highland Village
- 09 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?)
Can I watch my slingbox from my iphone to a tv with the composite AV cable.
- Asked by Patrick K from Griffith
- 07 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch my slingbox from my iphone to a tv with the composite AV cable.)
Does this Composite AV Cable come in black?
- Asked by N B from Tallahassee
- 03 11, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Composite AV Cable come in black?)
What is the difference between apple composite AV Cable, apple VGA Adapter and Apple Digiral AV Adapter? Which one consider better?
- Asked by Chia Jun L from New York
- 03 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between apple composite AV Cable, apple VGA Adapter and Apple Digiral AV Adapter? Which one consider better?)
No answers yet
Can I use a composite head phone jack lead with the iphone for video output playback. This lead was purchased for my iPod video.Answer
The composite head phone jack lead can be used with an iPhone but you will only get Audio through it. If you want audio and video you will need the composite lead that attaches to the bottom of the phone (like the charger)
Does this cable have the new slimmer dock connector?
Apple has shrunk down the size of the dock connector during the last gen of models, and the case makers followed suit making smaller openings for the dock connector. The older version of this cable's dock connector won't fit into the dock opening in newer cases. Does this cable have the newer slimmer dock connector? The newer dock connector is 5.5mm thick by 26mm (give or take a tenth of a mm).
- Asked by Lutz N from Lutz
- 05 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable have the new slimmer dock connector?)
Does the dock connector on the new AV Cables fit into the dock hole of the standard iPhone 4 bumper case?
The previous version of the AV Cables does not fit into the bumper case, and is a hassle since one must remove the case to be able to connect the av cable.
- Asked by William K from Pittsburgh
- 12 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock connector on the new AV Cables fit into the dock hole of the standard iPhone 4 bumper case?)
Just bought one from my local apple store yesterday and (annoyingly) it has the old connector that doesn't fit into the iphone 4 when a bumper is on it.
You'll have to remove the bumper every time which is a pain.
Can i watch iTunes films on my hd ready tv.
On the hdmi adapter it says only on full hd tvs with this one can I use it on my hd ready tv
- Asked by Mark S from London
- 08 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch iTunes films on my hd ready tv.)
Does this work on any ios version?
I have an iphone 4 on ios 4.3.5 and im wondering will it work?
And also can you mirror the iphones screen?
- Asked by Gu G
- 11 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work on any ios version?)