Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
Will this work through the Apple Universal Dock?
I recently purchased the new Apple Universal Dock and just want to make sure it will work through the 30 pin connector on the back or if I would just have to plug it up to my iPhone or iPod Touch via their built in connectors.
- Asked by Kyle L from Marion
- 07 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work through the Apple Universal Dock?)
will this accessory support ipad with firmware 7.10.00? or what do i need to look for to be able to project from one that does?
- Asked by Telisa M from Coaldale
- 08 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this accessory support ipad with firmware 7.10.00? or what do i need to look for to be able to project from one that does?)
Can I watch pptv movies with this cable
- Asked by Yerlie Serena L from .
- 08 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch pptv movies with this cable)
I have the Apple Digital AV Adapter is it the Apple Composite AV Cable that i need to buy or something else?
if i don't need this cable could someone please send a link to the right product.
Can u watch tv from AT&T uverse app on my phone on the tv
- Asked by Richard C from Dallas
- 09 30, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u watch tv from AT&T uverse app on my phone on the tv)
Can I hook up my iPad to speakers to hear my downloaded music
- Asked by Barbara F from Warrensburg
- 11 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook up my iPad to speakers to hear my downloaded music)
They are two analogue video formats, but composite connection puts all the video down one connector which is more convenient but less quality. Pretty much all TV's have these, if your TV has a SCART then a simple adapter will also allow you to play it back.
Component cable have higher quality by splitting the video into three parts (mistaken for Red, Blue and Green it is really Luminance, Contrast and Hue). This is the better quality but generally only modern HD sets have them and even then most opt to use the digital HDMI.
Both carry audio over a Left and Right cable which can be plugged into a receiver if you choose.
In short if you have component on your set go for that, but if you wish to use this with other TV's or systems, it is a 99/100 chance going to support Composite. Check your TV!
- Answered by Nicholas J from Westhumble
- 12 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between av composite and av component cable?)
If i wanted to display my e books from my iphone 3G on my laptop screen would this do the job or would you recommend a different accessories ?
The cabe is about four to five feet.
- Answered by Derek F from Cypress
- 06 13, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is this cable?)
How can I connect my ipad2 to a wii game machine ?.
I have a wii game system,wondering what I need to connnect my ipad2 to it.
- Asked by Carrie P from Arlington
- 02 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect my ipad2 to a wii game machine ?.)
What type of video apps will work if this cable is connected to my tv? I have a 4th gen ipod touch and i want to know if this thing will work on my tv
Want to use iPad to show Internet & other stuff can I do that with this?
- Asked by Matthew P from Rio Rancho
- 01 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Want to use iPad to show Internet & other stuff can I do that with this?)
Safari doesn't have a direct output to utilize the composite AV cable to show the internet on a TV, but other Apps, such as Keynote, Photos and Video's (and a number of other apps on the app store which support TV Out) will be able to.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 01 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Want to use iPad to show Internet & other stuff can I do that with this?)
will hbo go work with this cable
- Asked by Jim H from Pittsburgh
- 12 18, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will hbo go work with this cable)
If all you want is to play the sound through other speakers, all you need is a male to male headphone cable that you can get pretty much anywhere (as long as the device has an input for audio).
- Answered by Patrick B from Shawnee
- 02 8, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i hook this to cassette player w/ipod for books on tape and play thru the speakers)
Is it possible to record tv sound on an iPad or iPod? There are an optical digital audio and 2 x RCA output sockets on the TV.
Sony HD TV
iPad 2 or oPod Touch
No answers yet