Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
what type of cables do i need to mirror my i touch 4th generation to my t.v...
right now i have direct tv recievers in the garage and i want to hook the 4th gen i touch to the t.v to watch you tube while doing general repairs on vehicles..i would like to mirror my i touch to my t.v if possible but most importantly i want to be able to stream you tube to the t.v from the i touch so i dont have to keep running in and out of the house to look at the computer...thanks for your held. from what i understand composit cables work sometime and so do component cables, the direct t.v reciever has both composit and component cable inputs...i have been reading on this and searching this topic for hrs. now and cant seem to get a solid answer...all else fails i will order both sets and go that route..
- Asked by Richard R from Robertsdale
- 05 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (what type of cables do i need to mirror my i touch 4th generation to my t.v...)
What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv
- Asked by Sherry W from Fredericton
- 08 21, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
A Lightning to HDMI adapter. Apple calls it their "Lightning Digital AV Adapter".
You will also need an HDMI cable.
- Answered by Bryan B from Madison
- 11 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Scott W from Glasgow
- 12 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)
yes it will. all the av cables so is mirror your ipad so with that being said whatever you see on your ipad will show up on your tv
- Answered by Rene B from San Antonio
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I view a slideshow on my tv that is playing on my ipad using a composite cable?)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
I need 4th generation composite cable with audio leads and small pin not 30 pin
Need small pin 4th generation for iPad to be able to watch films that have been dowloaded to it on my TV
- Asked by Dean S
- 03 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I need 4th generation composite cable with audio leads and small pin not 30 pin)
Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv
- Asked by Tim B from Scarborough
- 10 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook iPad to tv and see Skype on the tv)
About 6 ft
- Answered by Yiang L from Prescott
- 12 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is this cable?)
What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?
- Asked by Raymond S from Lawrenceville
- 07 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
If you buy the Apple AV composite cable and a 30 pin to lightening adapter you have what you need. Connect the RCA cables to the back of your receiver where you would normally plug in a turntable or CD player. I would also buy a plug for the USB part of this cable system so that while you're listening to music, your iPhone 5 will be charging.
- Answered by Henry A from San Juan Capistrano
- 07 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the best way to connect a iPhone 5 to an older stereo amplifier/receiver ?)
Great question. But the answer is no. You'd think attaching a "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" to an iPad with Retina Display, then attaching the "Apple Composite AV Cable" would work right? Because they all connect. HOWEVER, Apple states "Video output not supported" by the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. So you'd get audio but no video. Apple needs to come out with a "Lightning to Composite AV Cable" for older TV's (non-HDMI/HDTV). Oh well ... Your best bet is to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter - it works great - with an HDMI/HDTV.
- Answered by Stephen G from Hilo
- 03 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the av composite cables work with the ipad with retina display)
It works with any TV that has composite inputs (just about every TV).
- Answered by Robert S from Richmond
- 05 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)
Can I connect an iphone 5 to phono line out with this lead if I use a 30 pin to lightning converter as I would like to plug it into my car stereo?
No answers yet
What connector to use on iPhone 4 to Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR600
- Asked by Donna U from Mission Viejo
- 02 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What connector to use on iPhone 4 to Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR600)
Is this cable compatible with a sharp aquos TV?
- Asked by Marilyn W from Bloomington
- 12 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable compatible with a sharp aquos TV?)
Should be able to. That and videos only.