Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- 12 19, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)
The audio will work (99% sure) because the converter between Lightning and 30 pin supports analog audio out. The video (yellow cable) will not work :(
As far as I can tell, there is no way to support composite video on the iphone 5 without using an expensive converter box from VGA or HDMI.
- Answered by Jerry R from Portsmouth
- 10 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Composite AV cable work with an iPhone 5 -- with an adapter? Or will the analog audio be a problem?)
can I connect my iPad air to my treadmill?
My treadmill has a connection to connect your iPod. Is there a similar connection cable for an iPad?
- Asked by Alexandria G from Tucson
- 01 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad air to my treadmill?)
I think I have found the answer. Instead of accessing iplayer through the iplayer app, do it through safari. This seems to work for me. Good luck
- Answered by Suzanne T
- 06 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the cable to watch BBC iPlayer through my tv from my iPad?)
I have dish network as my satellite provider, I have the dish network app on my iphone, will these cable play my dish network from my iphone to my tv
basically I want to watch dish network from my iphone into a larger tv, I know youtube you can, and netflix I can play only sound not video, Im only concerned if dish network will work out to my tv on my boat?Best Answer:
No it will not send video out on the A/V cable just sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Dish Network will upgrade there app
Yes you can. Works best with a big hd tv.
- Answered by Ryan L from Brampton
- 12 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch FaceTime on my TV with composite input from my iPhone4 when using this cable?)
With my iPad 2, they sold me a VGA Adapter so I can link my iPad to a projector or TV. But I need another cable, what is it? Or do I start over?Best Answer:
You need a VGA cable. This cable will work with the iPad, with no adapter. The benefits of the VGA cable is that it is more commonly found on projectors, and the quality can be somewhat better than component.
- Answered by Michael M from Kingsport
- 11 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (With my iPad 2, they sold me a VGA Adapter so I can link my iPad to a projector or TV. But I need another cable, what is it? Or do I start over?)
Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?
- Asked by Bryan S from Alexandria
- 05 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?)
You won't be able to use the Composite or Component AV cable to watch TV on your iPad.
The both the component and composite cable can be used to watch movies from your iPhone, iPod or iPad on a TV with matching inputs, but they will not go in the opposite direction.
You might try using your PC or MAC TV tuner (such as an Elgato EyeTV) and converting the video onto an iPad viewable format and transferring it to your iPad via iTunes, or purchase or rent the show directly from iTunes directly from your iPad.
I hope this helps.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 01 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the component av cable to connect my ipad to my tv and watch live tv on my ipad)
does it work with dish anywhere on an iphone 4s with an ios 8?
- Asked by Trudy R from Lake Tapps
- 11 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with dish anywhere on an iphone 4s with an ios 8?)
Hi - I have this same question...I just purchased the AV Composite Cable, have the Iphone 4/IOS6 and get no video...only sound on my tv...bummer. If you or anyone else can answer this, let me know. Thanks.
- Answered by Jeff L from Jackson
- 10 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the AV Composite Cable works with my iPhone 4s with IOS6 ? Or will I only have the sound? Thanks and regards Dirk)
is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?
- Asked by Mehmet B from Murray
- 10 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
yes it is. if your ipod touch is 8 or 16gb, then it is 2nd gen, and can only go to 4.2.1, but if it is a 3rd gen for certain, then yes, it can go to iOS 5.1
- Answered by Sander B from Colorado Springs
- 06 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
Can I do video mirroring with composite av?
- Asked by Al Z from Sunnyvale
- 03 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)
with this cable NO, i have iPad2 and iPhone 4s, and no work, only sound.
- Answered by Jordi P from Mollet Del Vallès
- 12 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)
how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv
- Asked by David B from Grundy Center
- 09 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv)
Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?
- Asked by Steven Y from Fort Lee
- 03 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?)
I purchased this exact same set from apple a few weeks ago. It worked great with 5.1 at the begining and now it does not even charge or connect to my PC anymore... I'm reading over forums to find an answer to my problem. Poke me if you find anything please!
- Answered by Marc-andre S from Ottawa
- 05 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?)
No, Mac laptops do not have an iPod dock type jack. The USB connector on this cable is for providing power to a device and will not provide an audio or video output from a computer.
- Answered by Carl S from Land O Lakes
- 05 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?)