Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
I think I have found the answer. Instead of accessing iplayer through the iplayer app, do it through safari. This seems to work for me. Good luck
- Answered by Suzanne T
- 06 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the cable to watch BBC iPlayer through my tv from my iPad?)
No, it will not. The 30 pin to Lightning adapter does not carry video signals.
- Answered by Roger M
- 04 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this product work with lightning through the 0.2M 30 pin to lightning adapter?)
With my iPad 2, they sold me a VGA Adapter so I can link my iPad to a projector or TV. But I need another cable, what is it? Or do I start over?Best Answer:
You need a VGA cable. This cable will work with the iPad, with no adapter. The benefits of the VGA cable is that it is more commonly found on projectors, and the quality can be somewhat better than component.
- Answered by Michael M from Kingsport
- 11 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (With my iPad 2, they sold me a VGA Adapter so I can link my iPad to a projector or TV. But I need another cable, what is it? Or do I start over?)
Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?
- Asked by Bryan S from Alexandria
- 05 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect my Nintendo 64 to my iMac?)
I have dish network as my satellite provider, I have the dish network app on my iphone, will these cable play my dish network from my iphone to my tv
basically I want to watch dish network from my iphone into a larger tv, I know youtube you can, and netflix I can play only sound not video, Im only concerned if dish network will work out to my tv on my boat?Best Answer:
No it will not send video out on the A/V cable just sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Dish Network will upgrade there app
How to have video signal with my composite av cable
- Asked by Francis A from San Diego California
- 10 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How to have video signal with my composite av cable)
The answer is no. The composite cable is only good for Netflix. I've tried other apps ( YouTube ) and you will only get sound. No video. I'm using an iPhone 4. Now with my iPhone 5s, I can mirror my screen to the TV with the HDMI adapter.
So, restating, I have only found the expensive composite cable is only good for hooking up Netflix as far as apps are concerned. I couldn't even look at my photos with them. I real downer.
- Answered by Mark B from Evansville
- 03 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How to have video signal with my composite av cable)
You won't be able to use the Composite or Component AV cable to watch TV on your iPad.
The both the component and composite cable can be used to watch movies from your iPhone, iPod or iPad on a TV with matching inputs, but they will not go in the opposite direction.
You might try using your PC or MAC TV tuner (such as an Elgato EyeTV) and converting the video onto an iPad viewable format and transferring it to your iPad via iTunes, or purchase or rent the show directly from iTunes directly from your iPad.
I hope this helps.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 01 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the component av cable to connect my ipad to my tv and watch live tv on my ipad)
How can I play music from my iPhone through my TV or Home Theater System (HTS) wirelessly?
I have a smart Home Theater System (HTS) and a HD TV. Neither have a Bluetooth function. Ideally I'd like to play music from my iPhone 6 through this system wirelessly. If that isn't possible I'd at least like to be able to connect my phone with the proper cable. Is there a "receiver" that I can plug into my TV or HTS that I can pair with my iPhone to allow me to use my phone to preform different functions?
- Asked by Amy O from Richmond
- 05 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I play music from my iPhone through my TV or Home Theater System (HTS) wirelessly?)
Can I use the cable to project FaceTime images on a TV
- Asked by Timothy L from Austin
- 09 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the cable to project FaceTime images on a TV)
how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv
- Asked by David B from Grundy Center
- 09 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv)
You would want to get the Lightning Digital AV Adapter. This connection is Lightening to HDMI and also has a charging port as well.
- Answered by David M from San Francisco
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What specifically do I buy to be able to watch Netflix on my tv from my iPhone 6 plus?)
Hi - I have this same question...I just purchased the AV Composite Cable, have the Iphone 4/IOS6 and get no video...only sound on my tv...bummer. If you or anyone else can answer this, let me know. Thanks.
- Answered by Jeff L from Jackson
- 10 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the AV Composite Cable works with my iPhone 4s with IOS6 ? Or will I only have the sound? Thanks and regards Dirk)
is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?
- Asked by Mehmet B from Murray
- 10 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
yes it is. if your ipod touch is 8 or 16gb, then it is 2nd gen, and can only go to 4.2.1, but if it is a 3rd gen for certain, then yes, it can go to iOS 5.1
- Answered by Sander B from Colorado Springs
- 06 7, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this compatible with Ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5?)
No, Mac laptops do not have an iPod dock type jack. The USB connector on this cable is for providing power to a device and will not provide an audio or video output from a computer.
- Answered by Carl S from Land O Lakes
- 05 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?)
Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?
- Asked by Steven Y from Fort Lee
- 03 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?)
I purchased this exact same set from apple a few weeks ago. It worked great with 5.1 at the begining and now it does not even charge or connect to my PC anymore... I'm reading over forums to find an answer to my problem. Poke me if you find anything please!
- Answered by Marc-andre S from Ottawa
- 05 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this composite av cable work with new ios 5.1version?)
Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.
- Asked by Ella A from Auburndale
- 12 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
It is only compatible with the iPad Air for audio only. It does not show the video. I just got one for my son at Christmas and it is not compatible for video. Currently, the composite cables are not made for iPad Air. Check the product info on Apple site and it will confirm this.
- Answered by Lisa C from Winnipeg
- 01 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these composite av cables fit iPad air.)
Yes you can. Works best with a big hd tv.
- Answered by Ryan L from Brampton
- 12 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch FaceTime on my TV with composite input from my iPhone4 when using this cable?)