Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
I just bought a 7th gen. ipod classic & i understand i need a AV cable with an authentication chip. Will this cable allow video to pass through?
No answers yet
Can I present keynote presentations (official keynote app) via my iPad to a HDTV, also if I pinch and enlarge on the ipad will it show up on the HDTV?Best Answer:
Yes you can. But the video quality is like VHS.
ipad2 playback of HD-quicktime movie. what cable would let me see highest resolution out put?
ipad2 playback of HD-quicktime movie.what cable would let me see highest resolution out put?
the cable AV?
the cable composite?
or is there a HDMI cable for the ipad?
- Asked by Akos S from New York
- 01 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad2 playback of HD-quicktime movie. what cable would let me see highest resolution out put?)
my tvi got rgb connect.how to connect iPad 2?
- Asked by Milorad J from Wetherill Park
- 05 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (my tvi got rgb connect.how to connect iPad 2?)
Will this work for karaoke purchases on iPhone?
I have a karaoke player that has an auxilary spot you can plug in or you can plug in rca cables like the red yellow and white wondering if I got this if I could hook this into iPhone and if it would show lyrics if I were to purchase karaoke on itunes.
- Asked by Autumn B from Guthrie
- 11 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for karaoke purchases on iPhone?)
does this work with a macbook pro?
- Asked by Kevin C from Arnold
- 07 6, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with a macbook pro?)
Is it possible to view Amazon Instant Videos through this cable?
- Asked by Steven L from Saratoga
- 01 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to view Amazon Instant Videos through this cable?)
can I use this cable between iPod touch 64G and a TV that supports component and HD only ?
The iPod I have is: iPod Touch 64 G
The TV I have is Samsung 22inch that supports only component and HD cables. It does not support AV cables.
I need to know what kind of cables I can use between the iPod and the TV in order to get a videso signal on the TV.
I have seen someone playing Angry Birds on their IPod and the picture came through the tv. What would I need to do that?
- Asked by Lee T from Edgefield
- 01 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I have seen someone playing Angry Birds on their IPod and the picture came through the tv. What would I need to do that?)
What games are compatible with this cable
What games can be played through the tv with this cable
- Asked by Zach F from Goodlettsville
- 03 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What games are compatible with this cable)
will the slingplayer app play video out through this cable?
- Asked by Darrin N from Madison
- 12 28, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (will the slingplayer app play video out through this cable?)
I would like to know if anyone has been able to achieve this. Here is the Slingbox support site answer regarding this:
"If you're using SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone/iPod touch, be aware that there is no TV-out feature. The same is true with SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad.
This means that there is no provision, within either SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone/iPod touch or SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad, for connecting your device to a TV or a computer monitor and displaying the SlingPlayer Mobile picture.
You can use the audio-out jack on your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad to play audio through another device, however."
To the person who just said, "yes" do you have something to support that answer?
- Answered by Paul M from Sterling
- 01 20, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the slingplayer app play video out through this cable?)
does the av composite cable can i connect it from my macbook pro to my tv???
i dont got a plasma but a got a tv that takes the 3 colors cable and i got a mac pro book can i conected with av composite cable.
- Asked by Kimberly M from Methuen
- 11 6, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does the av composite cable can i connect it from my macbook pro to my tv???)
Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket
By using the AV cable, could I stream NFL games from my iPad to TV via the Sunday Ticket app? I currently watch live games through the NFL Sunday Ticket app, but would like to project these games to a larger screen. Please let me know. Thanks.
- Asked by Molly K from Washington
- 10 2, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Verizon is my carrier on my iPhone 4S, which is updated to iOS9. Verizon subscribers are now able to watch live NFL games for free via the NFL Mobile by Verizon APP. I'm able to watch live NFL games from my phone, projected onto my 48" Sony HD TV through my AppleTV using AirPlay. It didn't work at first, it was giving me the "Video isn't available for external sources" type error, which is a restriction in place by Verizon/NFL. But, I turned OFF Mirroring in AirPlay and it works! Perhaps the restriction is to make sure you are not watching it on two devices at once? The picture projected on my TV through the AppleTV is great - FULL screen HD. Now, the only downfall is when I go to use ANY other feature on my phone - phone calls, messaging, another APP or ANYTHING, the projection to the TV is cut out while I'm using them. When I'm done using them, I have to go back into AirPlay and touch the NFL Mobile App to re-project it.
- Answered by John G from Fox Lake
- 10 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Will this cable work with my red/white car stereo plugs?
I have a new car with red and white plugs instead of the usb which I would have preferred. I am trying to find the best quality audio plugs to go from my iPod 5th generation to the red and whites.
Does a dock connector to the rca's produce better sound quality than one from the headphone jack? Will the available products on the market also charge my iPod at the same time?
Thank you for any help, most appreciated.
- Asked by Liesl R from Bexley
- 02 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with my red/white car stereo plugs?)
Yes, a RCA line out from the dock connector is many times better than just using the headphone socket. You should be able to notice a difference, especially if you have good speakers and a good ear for music.
- Answered by Oliver S
- 02 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this cable work with my red/white car stereo plugs?)
can this work with apple tv
- Asked by Anonymous A
- 01 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can this work with apple tv)
The Apple TV has it's own HDMI output to connect to a TV with HDMI or DVI inputs... It doesn't use the same connection as an iPod, iPhone or iPad.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 01 31, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can this work with apple tv)