Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
What do the TV out settings do? What are the NTSC and PAL settings?
- Asked by John Q from Richland
- 01 14, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What do the TV out settings do? What are the NTSC and PAL settings?)
How can I connect a 5th Gen Nano Ipod to Aux on a Tyota Prius radio?
Connection to Aux in a Prius
- Asked by Murray A from Rochester
- 12 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect a 5th Gen Nano Ipod to Aux on a Tyota Prius radio?)
can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?
- Asked by James W
- 11 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can I hook up my mac book air to my hd tv?)
What do I need to mirror my Ipad on an older Toshiba TV
- Asked by Sandra C from Port Arthur
- 03 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to mirror my Ipad on an older Toshiba TV)
How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?
I see from the Apple Support Communities forum that in April 2010 there were problems with this when a large number of people upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.5.8, and their Macs wouldn't recognize this monitor, when previously they had done so prior to upgrading their OS.
I don't want to get the wrong or an unnecessary cable, nor do I want to mess with the software.
- Asked by Jeremy H
- 04 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?)
Yes it is possible. Purchase an Apple Component AV Cable. Connect the 3 prongs (red, white and yellow to the smartboard). The usb does not connect to the smartboard. Connect the other end to the iphone. Select Composite on the input selector on the smartboard. This only works if you want to play a movie downloaded from itunes etc. The USB can be used to charge the iphone if you have an adapter for the plug-in. Plug adapter into outlet and place USB into the adapter.
- Answered by Carey B from Linwood
- 11 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect my Iphone to an Interactive Board / Smartboard? Is this possible?)
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- 03 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?
- Asked by Bristol R from Norfolk
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
No answers yet