Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
Yes it is possible. Purchase an Apple Component AV Cable. Connect the 3 prongs (red, white and yellow to the smartboard). The usb does not connect to the smartboard. Connect the other end to the iphone. Select Composite on the input selector on the smartboard. This only works if you want to play a movie downloaded from itunes etc. The USB can be used to charge the iphone if you have an adapter for the plug-in. Plug adapter into outlet and place USB into the adapter.
- Answered by Carey B from Linwood
- 11 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect my Iphone to an Interactive Board / Smartboard? Is this possible?)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- 03 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- 03 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
How can I connect my iMAC to a comcast cable box?
- Asked by Marc C from Portland
- 09 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect my iMAC to a comcast cable box?)
How can I connect a 5th Gen Nano Ipod to Aux on a Tyota Prius radio?
Connection to Aux in a Prius
- Asked by Murray A from Rochester
- 12 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect a 5th Gen Nano Ipod to Aux on a Tyota Prius radio?)
What do I need to mirror my Ipad on an older Toshiba TV
- Asked by Sandra C from Port Arthur
- 03 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to mirror my Ipad on an older Toshiba TV)
How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?
I see from the Apple Support Communities forum that in April 2010 there were problems with this when a large number of people upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.5.8, and their Macs wouldn't recognize this monitor, when previously they had done so prior to upgrading their OS.
I don't want to get the wrong or an unnecessary cable, nor do I want to mess with the software.
- Asked by Jeremy H
- 04 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) with an HP w2207 monitor?)
my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?
- Asked by Bristol R from Norfolk
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
No answers yet