Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
125 Questions from the Community
Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?
I've got the Eurosport Player app on my iPad 2 and before buying the Apple Composite AV Cable, would like to know if I will be able to watch Eurosport programmes from my iPad on my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Janet S
- 02 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Yes it works, and it looks good.
Skygo on the other hand does not work.
- Answered by Mark A
- 03 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
They are two analogue video formats, but composite connection puts all the video down one connector which is more convenient but less quality. Pretty much all TV's have these, if your TV has a SCART then a simple adapter will also allow you to play it back.
Component cable have higher quality by splitting the video into three parts (mistaken for Red, Blue and Green it is really Luminance, Contrast and Hue). This is the better quality but generally only modern HD sets have them and even then most opt to use the digital HDMI.
Both carry audio over a Left and Right cable which can be plugged into a receiver if you choose.
In short if you have component on your set go for that, but if you wish to use this with other TV's or systems, it is a 99/100 chance going to support Composite. Check your TV!
- Answered by Nicholas J from Westhumble
- 12 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between av composite and av component cable?)
Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks
- Asked by Skye S from Wongawallan
- 03 4, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
Can I see everything on my iphone on the TV through this cable i.e. can I read books I download onto it or view other apps?
Video Output Resolution (with Composite AV Cable)
What will be the output resolution for each iPhone/iPad using the composite AV cable? Izzit follow the screen resolution which iPhone at 960*480 & iPad 1024*768?
- Asked by Yewchung C from Penang
- 02 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Video Output Resolution (with Composite AV Cable))
Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?
Will everything on the screen at whichever time show up on the TV or do certain apps disable that feature?
- Asked by Robert W from Widnes
- 04 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
No it will only show video and maybe display photo's
- Answered by Tom D
- 01 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
Is it possible to access BBC iPlayer and Youtube via the iPad to view on a Panasonic TV by connecting the Composite AV Cable
CAN I PLAY mp4 MOVIES VIA THIS CABLE TO MY TV using IPAD1
- Asked by Cathy S from Pearcedale
- 06 6, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN I PLAY mp4 MOVIES VIA THIS CABLE TO MY TV using IPAD1)
Does this work on any ios version?
I have an iphone 4 on ios 4.3.5 and im wondering will it work?
And also can you mirror the iphones screen?
- Asked by Gu G
- 11 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work on any ios version?)
i wont to connect my ipod to my stereo, it has the av cables to use. but should i connect through the headphone connection or the dock area???? could
could i purchase this product and it connect ok, and would it connect through the headphones or the ipod dock at the base of the ipod???
No answers yet
will this work with iPod touch 5th.generation
can i use the Apple Composite AV Cable with my new iPod touch 32GB 5th.gen. to connect to TV
- Asked by Kevin P
- 11 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with iPod touch 5th.generation)
No, I have just found out the lightning pin adaptor which you would need to connect ipod to composite av cable is not compatable with video.
- Answered by Roseanne H from Devonport
- 01 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with iPod touch 5th.generation)