Questions & Answers for Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
237 Questions from the Community
what cable do I need to connect my imac 2011computer to a HD Digital LED TV
have a 2011 iMAC computer
- Asked by Ina T from Bronx
- 11 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do I need to connect my imac 2011computer to a HD Digital LED TV)
how do you connect an ipod touch to hd TV
We would like to connect a 4th generation ipod touch to a TV to allow for HD streaming. What type of cable connection would we need and how do you purchase this product?
- Asked by Nolan M from Parksville
- 03 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect an ipod touch to hd TV)
Ok, I will assume your TV has an HDMI connector, as to do this with DVI or VGA is a bit different as these latter two do not carry audio, current HDMI standard does.
First, you need the "Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter". This adapter converts your 30-pin adapter on your iPod 4G to HDMI with audio. Once you have this adapter, you need a cable, such as the one here "Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable" to run from this adapter to the TV.
And yes, this will all be in HD, assuming your video you are sending to the TV is HD. Also, the audio is digital, so you'll get great sound quality, too.
Another option is to skip the cables, and go wireless with AirPlay through an AppleTV. The quality of wireless video will be a lower vs. a cable, but the freedom of wireless can be very nice!
- Answered by Charles H from Saint Paul
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do you connect an ipod touch to hd TV)
The projector has an hdmi port, so it depends what mbpro you have...retina pro, then no cable at all. non retina pro, then you need the Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter.
- Answered by Maxwell H from Woodland
- 03 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what cable do i need to connect my mac pro book to my brookstone hdmi pocket projector)
can i connect my sony vaio laptop to panasonic hdtv with the apple hdmi cable?
i would like to connect my laptop with the panasonic tv using the apple hdmi cable
- Asked by Sonal K from Mission Viejo
- 01 1, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my sony vaio laptop to panasonic hdtv with the apple hdmi cable?)
Yes, if your Sony Vaio and Panasonic HDTV have a HDMI out/in
- Answered by Lachlan W from Narre Warren N.
- 02 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i connect my sony vaio laptop to panasonic hdtv with the apple hdmi cable?)
what cables do I need to watch videos from Netflix on my Samsung tv/monitor
I have an ipad2
tv is a Samsung HDTV monitor/tv
- Asked by Terry E
- 01 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (what cables do I need to watch videos from Netflix on my Samsung tv/monitor)
What cable would get me the best result?
I just order the 27' iMac 2011 and wanted to know if I can take advantage of the thunderbolt ports on the iMac by connecting my HDTV directly to the thunderbolt ports some how.
Or is there Thunderbolt to HDMI converter?
- Asked by Glen O from Koondoola
- 05 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable would get me the best result?)
Thunderbolt is mainly a standard for data transfer. If you are connecting only one display, there is no benefit over DisplayPort, and, in fact, the thunderbolt cable is really only using the DisplayPort standard.
If you would like to connect it to your iMac to your TV, you can use either a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable, or you can get a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable to either extend or mirror your iMac's display onto your television.
If you would like to truly take advantage of thunderbolt, I suggest buying a Promise Pegasus 4TB RAID system from Apple, it will let you see just how fast thunderbolt really is.
- Answered by Alex H from Cedar Rapids
- 07 16, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable would get me the best result?)
Does the apple hdmi cable support hdcp
- Asked by Tony B from Bradenton
- 03 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the apple hdmi cable support hdcp)
Yes, all HDMI cables support HDCP natively. It is a requirement that must be fulfilled before a product can become officially licensed.
- Answered by Josh I from Liberty Township
- 06 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the apple hdmi cable support hdcp)
Can you use one Apple TV and an HDMI Splitter to show on Two TV's?
I have two TV's, one in my living room and one in my bedroom.
I want to be able to watch my apple tv in both rooms but not at the same time. Its just a hassle moving the apple tv room to room.
I found an HDMI splitter for 6 dollars on amazon and wondered if that would work. The HDMI cable with where the apple tv is only 5 feet and the other length would be about 12 feet.
Would this work. I would imagine only one TV would work at a time.
Let me know if any of you have tried this.
THanks for helping.
- Asked by Danny D from Peoria
- 11 21, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use one Apple TV and an HDMI Splitter to show on Two TV's?)
can you listen to music using the hdmi cable and the hdmi adapter?
for ipad 2
- Asked by Steve S from Houston
- 09 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can you listen to music using the hdmi cable and the hdmi adapter?)
I would like to connect my Mac to my Plasma Panasonic which have an HDMI port, how can I do this?
I have bought the Killers movie on I tunes and I would like to see the film on my Plasma Panasonic 46"
What I need to do so ?
- Asked by Louis M from St-gerard Des Lauren
- 12 23, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to connect my Mac to my Plasma Panasonic which have an HDMI port, how can I do this?)
Assuming its a newish mac you need a third party mini display port to HDMI these can found easily via google,bear in mind older macs with mini display ports will not always support sound.
If your mac is older you may need a DVI or mini DVI to HDMI.
- Answered by James S from Leicester
- 12 26, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I would like to connect my Mac to my Plasma Panasonic which have an HDMI port, how can I do this?)
How can i connect my Sony camcorder with HDMI output to my MacBookPro, Dec 2010 vintage
I would like to have live video feed to my MacBookPro or IMac. My MacBook Pro is 12/2010 vintage and my IMac is 2/2011. Is there a way to connect my Sony HDR-CX160 to them? Is it possible to convert HDMI to Firewire?
- Asked by Rod E from Chubbuck
- 04 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i connect my Sony camcorder with HDMI output to my MacBookPro, Dec 2010 vintage)
Is this cable High-Speed with Ethernet?
I've seen questions and answers here that dance around the issue. I think the answer is YES, to both being High-Speed and having Ethernet. I just want a definitive answer to be sure, and for the next person who uses a web-search to find out easily.
(This is something that should be in the official description, but maybe the Apple employee felt this term for the attribute is too tech-y.)
(For those about to answer HDMI 1.2/1.3/1.4/2.0: those numbers are for the signal over the wire, not of the wire's nature itself. Giving one of those numbers as the answer is useless.)
- Asked by Daryle W from Oakdale
- 11 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable High-Speed with Ethernet?)
What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv
- Asked by Sherry W from Fredericton
- 08 21, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
A Lightning to HDMI adapter. Apple calls it their "Lightning Digital AV Adapter".
You will also need an HDMI cable.
- Answered by Bryan B from Madison
- 11 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable do I need to connect my iPad4 to my hdtv)
Apple TV does not support the standard, if you are trying to use the Cable just for HDMI purposes it will still work, it will work just like a 1.3
- Answered by Jared T from Whitehall
- 12 27, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (The Apple HDMI Cable supports the 1.4 standard,. However, does the Apple TV support HDMI 1.4?)
can you watch movies from your iphone on your tv with this?
- Asked by Napoleon B from Fresno
- 11 24, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can you watch movies from your iphone on your tv with this?)
can new apple tv process 7.1 surround sound
- Asked by Daniel B from Putnam Valley
- 12 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can new apple tv process 7.1 surround sound)
- Asked about: Apple TV
USB is NOT used for this sort of video connection.
There's two ways of doing this. The first is possible only if you have a relatively new MacBook Pro (or iMac) that has a Mini DisplayPort connection for external video. If so, you can use the Kanex Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable available through the Apple Store.
For any type of MacBook, MacBook Pro, or iMac, you can use a combination of:
1. A video adapter that turns your Mac's external display port into generic DVI. The specific adapter required depends on your Mac, as different models have used different types of connections. For example, if your MacBook has a mini-DVI connector, then you'll need a mini-DVI to DVI adapter. Apple has DVI adapters for almost all of their various models (past and present).
2. A DVI to HDMI cable, such as the ones from Belkin available here at the Apple Store.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- 01 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable do I need to connect a MacBook pro to an hdmi tv? I think it requires a USB connection)