Questions & Answers for Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
237 Questions from the Community
No, this will definitely NOT work with a VCR.
If you want to send video & audio FROM your MacBook Pro TO your VCR, then you need:
1. For video: An adapter for whatever type of external display port is on your MacBook Pro to composite video. Apple has all the various types covered, but you need to know which type was used on your particular MacBook Pro (they've changed over the years).
2. A composite video cable (RCA phono plugs) OR an S-video cable (if your VCR supports S-video).
3. For audio: An audio cable with a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone TRS jack (aka "stereo mini-jack") for the Mac end (connects into your Mac's headphone port), and dual RCA phono plugs (red & white) for the audio in ports on the VCR.
If you're trying to get video FROM your VCR in TO your Mac, then you'll need some sort of video interface for your Mac, since the MacBook Pro doesn't have any built-in video input capability. See the "Elgato Video Capture" product in the "Video" section of the Apple Store for one such example of this.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- 01 26, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I use this to connect my VCR to my MacBook Pro? If not what do I need to do that?)
will this work with my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Mario C from Valley Stream
- 11 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
Yes, using a mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter at the mini DisplayPort. Outputs both video and audio through the mini DisplayPort on the recently released MacBook Air.
- Answered by Heather M from Friendswood
- 11 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
what cable do I need to connect my iPad 2 to my MacBook?
- Asked by Alyx K from Lincoln
- 09 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do I need to connect my iPad 2 to my MacBook?)
- Answered by Jonathan P from Port Washington
- 01 14, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use Apple HDMI cable to connect IPOD to DJ turntables? Thank you very much for your advice in advance! BU.)
No, not with this cable. But you could with the Apple Composite AV cable. Click on iPod Accessories > Cables > Apple Composite AV cable. The composite AV cable is if you have the red, yellow and white plugins on your TV. Or you could use the Component AV cable if you have the red, green and blue plugins on your TV.
- Answered by Brett M from Austin
- 11 18, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i watch the HD films and videos from my IPOD classic 160 GB on my TV through this HDMI cable 1.8m ?)
I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins
- Asked by Harbant A from Adelaide
- 02 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins)
No answers yet
The 27" iMac has a Mini-Display port, not HDMI. It can accept input from other devices with Mini-Display port (MacBook, MacMini, another iMac) with a Mini-Display Port cable but not from HDMI directly without a converter box to turn HDMI a signal compatible with the MDP
- Answered by Jason B from San Francisco
- 12 4, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Work with iMac?)
Yes. Any HDMI cable that supports 1080p is considered 'high speed'.
High Speed HDMI cable is designed and tested to handle video resolutions of 1080p and beyond, including advanced display technologies such as 4K, 3D, and Deep Color.
- Answered by James H from Gold Coast
- 07 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this cable highspeed?)
What gauge is the apple TV HDMI cable is it AWG24 or bigger?
- Asked by Timothy P from Nelson
- 06 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What gauge is the apple TV HDMI cable is it AWG24 or bigger?)
Will this work with my 15 inch Macbook pro 2014 version?
- Asked by Geoffrey K from Bethesda
- 01 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 15 inch Macbook pro 2014 version?)
Is this the correct cable for a Mac Book Pro 5,5 to be connected to an LCD TV and will it provide both audio and visual output to the TV?
can you connect i pad to i phone with this cable and watch netflex
- Asked by Michael C from Honolulu
- 03 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect i pad to i phone with this cable and watch netflex)
no but u can just get Netflix on your iPad and watch it that way.
- Answered by David T from Wilmington
- 04 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you connect i pad to i phone with this cable and watch netflex)
No, the iPod touch/iPhone and iPad only support viewing videos on an external display using the Apple Component AV Cable or Apple Composite AV Cable
- Answered by Lachlan W from Narre Warren N.
- 02 5, 11
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I can browsing my files and internet on my iphone and watch there on tv by this cable)
What is the weight/mass of this cable in grams? (Without the packaging).
- Asked by Dennis B from Toronto
- 08 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the weight/mass of this cable in grams? (Without the packaging).)
Last time I checked, this required a converter that on its input side plugs into the video out jack on the macbook AND the 1/8 inch audio out jack on the macbook, and on its output side has an HDMI jack. Then an HDMI cable like this one takes it from there.
At the time, Apple did not make such a converter, but somebody else did, and my local Apple store carried it.
I have not tried this technology yet, but I have done macbook to VGA input on a TV, and that worked fine (given the appropriate converter).
- Answered by Carolyn Z from Denver
- 12 3, 10
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this cable work with a regular 13 inch Macbook? (not a Macbook Pro)? If not, is there a cable that will work?)
Please tell me, if apple digital av adapter and apple hdmi to hdmi cable 1.8 m is alone enough to mirror iphone 4S on LCD Tv.
Accessories required to mirror iphone 4s on LCD TV via only cables without apple TVBest Answer:
It alone works exceptionally very well.Apple products are beyond genious engineering.