Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
547 Questions from the Community
do I need to format dvd+r discs?
- Asked by Cheryl G from Miami
- 07 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need to format dvd+r discs?)
Yes you can either plug the super disc drive into the laptop or into the screen provided usb's.
- Answered by John S from Ankeny
- 07 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work when plugged into a Thunderbolt Display (if the display itself is connected to an otherwise supported Mac)?)
can this be used with the black macbook?
I no it says the system requirments but I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck
- Asked by Aaron G from Philadelphia
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used with the black macbook?)
Is there an external CD Drive that is compatible with a 13 inch aluminum MacBook from 2008?
My CD drive is broken and rather than having it fixed or replaced I was wondering if I could just buy an external drive. However every drive that I have found is not compatible with my computer, most are for macbook pro or air.
- Asked by Bridget J from Omaha
- 01 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an external CD Drive that is compatible with a 13 inch aluminum MacBook from 2008?)
Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?
I have a different brand hard drive at present that I have movies on so when we go caravaning my kids have all movies in 1 place but I can't get movies I have purchased from iTunes to transfer onto this hard drive. So I am wondering if I got this one from Apple would it do this
- Asked by Lynn D from Middlemount
- 06 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?)
can I have my superdrive sit on its side, on my desk, to save space?
- Asked by Rene G from Campbell
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I have my superdrive sit on its side, on my desk, to save space?)
Can this be used with Apple iPad air
Apple USB super drive will it work with Apple iPad Air
- Asked by Maryann H from Millbury
- 07 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with Apple iPad air)
nope sorry only computers no tablets doesent have the support also requires too much power
- Answered by Neil B from Kapuskasing
- 07 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this be used with Apple iPad air)
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???Best Answer:
If you can find a Bluetooth USB hub yes
Does USB superDrive need maintenance?
- Asked by William (bill) E from Mountlake Terrace
- 07 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB superDrive need maintenance?)
Yes it can.
I was keen to know this too has I will be getting one of the new iMac's early next year
It was mentioned at the Apple Keynote that "for people living in the past, they would be able to use a CD/DVD drive"
I am one of those people, although I don't think I'm living in the past, I just have a large collection of cds, dvds, data disks etc that I want to still be able to use : )
- Answered by David T
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this be used with the forthcoming 2012 iMac that lacks an optical drive?)
Can I plug the drive into a PC
I have an HP laptop running windows 8 and I'd like to add an external DVD/CD player - will the Apple drive work?
- Asked by Guy D from Melbourne
- 01 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug the drive into a PC)
Can I use the superdrive as a pedestal for my Imac?
- Asked by Kevin O from Cedar City
- 12 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the superdrive as a pedestal for my Imac?)
Does this work with the newest version of the Macbook Air?
- Asked by Jose L from Hawaiian Gardens
- 10 9, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the newest version of the Macbook Air?)
Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
for example burn a CD on itunes using one and burn a DVD at the same time with toast using the other....
Or even better do apple have plans on bringing out a multi-disc burner?
- Asked by Nathan L
- 08 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?)