Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
553 Questions from the Community
Can I use a compact disc in usb superdrive
- Asked by Jake L from San Diego
- 09 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a compact disc in usb superdrive)
can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???
- Asked by Jimy N from Muar
- 08 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
as region codes are controlled mainly by Software, the option should be available. BUT, the Problem you are going to run into is that the SUPERDRIVE is NOT Compatible with any MAC Computers that ALREADY has an INBUILT Optical Drive. So even if you found a way to bypass the REGION Code restrictions in the SOFTWARE, The HARDWARE will refuse to ACKNOWLEDGE the Presence of your SUPERDRIVE on your MAC (given it has an inbuilt DVD Drive).
- Answered by Thomas B from Shelton
- 07 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I run this external drive on one region code (region 2) and still keep my Mac's drive on another (region 4)?)
how do you make the usb supper drive work?
- Asked by Becky D from Lehi
- 08 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you make the usb supper drive work?)
How to install on my new Mac
My USB Superdrive will not load any programe or music disk
- Asked by Brendan K from Lyonville
- 03 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How to install on my new Mac)
Short and simple answer is YES,
I have iMac (late 2012) and recently bought the Superdrive from USA on a trip plugged in and it just worked :)
Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?
I found a website saying that I could use a terminal command to disable my internal cd drive, making the computer able to use the external superdrive but now the superdrive isnt being registered by the computer... Any suggestions?
- Asked by Collin O from Grand Rapids
- 01 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?)
can i burn photos to disks with this device
- Asked by Kirsten H from Alexandra
- 08 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i burn photos to disks with this device)
I have a desktop imac 8,1 whose built-in optical drive seems to have failed. Can I add a external SuperDrive instead? Is it compatible pre2012?Answer
It says on the box that the superdrive won't work with any models with an existing optical drive so i presume you wouldn't be able to.
Can I use it on a 2015 mac
Apple usb superdrive
- Asked by James W from Lawrenceville
- 09 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
seems so, i use my superdrive with a 2015 27" imac with retina display - no problem
- Answered by John T
- 09 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
So the Apple UBS Super drive will not work with a 2.16Ghz iMac.......?
- Asked by Dougie N from Maple Ridge
- 08 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (So the Apple UBS Super drive will not work with a 2.16Ghz iMac.......?)
can I use any usb hard drive for my Mini Mac???
- Asked by Richard H
- 01 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use any usb hard drive for my Mini Mac???)
Does the SuperDrive work for finalized mini-dvds? My computer is a MacBook Air running 10.9.3.
I have finalized mini-dvds that I want to use in iMovie, but my MacBook Air doesn't have a CD Slot, nor did I read that the slots work for mini-dvds. Will the SuperDrive be able to read them and will I be able to use the files from them on my computer such as in iMovie? Thanks
- Asked by Marro R from Cooper City
- 08 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the SuperDrive work for finalized mini-dvds? My computer is a MacBook Air running 10.9.3.)
Your SuperDrive will not accept mini-dvd's you may want to check what type of camera they were recorded from it may not be compatible with Apple's format...This is somewhat the same issue I was having but I have a iMac 27' and I also purchased the SuperDrive, (note) Non Apple SuperDrives will not work with Apple even though they may have the insert for the mini-dvd.
- Answered by Michael P from Saint Paul
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the SuperDrive work for finalized mini-dvds? My computer is a MacBook Air running 10.9.3.)