Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
519 Questions from the Community
Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?
- Asked by Daniel M from Brunswick
- 11 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?)
No, only the computers listed.
- Answered by Robert P from Portland
- 12 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will superdrive work with late 2007 white MacBook ?)
Burning movies with superdrive will they play on my DVD player
- Asked by Richard G from San Bernardino
- 05 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning movies with superdrive will they play on my DVD player)
Will this work on the new 13" Mac Book Pro? The text specifies a "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display". The new 13" MacBook Pro does not have Retina.Best Answer:
Like the previous USB SuperDrive this one is only designed to work with computers that do not have one built in. It only works with Mac mini, Macbook Air and Macbook Pro with Retina.
It only plays the regular CD audio side not the enhanced SACD Layer of music.
- Answered by M M from Santa Maria
- 06 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can it play sacd)
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
I have DVDs with family videos on it and I also have a DVD ripping software. Can I use the SuperDrive in order to covert the videos to my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- 07 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
short and sweet - yes.
longer version - put the cd in the drive, iTunes will recognise it and probably start to play it (depending on your settings). Stop it playing, choose 'import' and bob's you uncle... You will have the cd imported in the format of your choice into your iTunes library.
- Answered by Chris H
- 09 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does superdrive when connected to iMac enable CD's to be converted to mp3's)
Can the USB superdrive write DVD-ram?
- Asked by George D from Titusville
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB superdrive write DVD-ram?)
is the superdrive compatible with windows
- Asked by Henry D from Albuquerque
- 06 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is the superdrive compatible with windows)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
Can Verbatim 16x DVD-R be used in superdrive?
The Verbatim package cautions against using in a 1x or 2x speed burner. Are they safe to use in the Superdrive?
- Asked by Fletcher S from Ivins
- 07 2, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Verbatim 16x DVD-R be used in superdrive?)
Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv
Im thinking of buying the apple tv, could i put the usb superdive into my apple tv so i can watch dvds????
- Asked by Emma Ffion A
- 08 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv)
No but with Apple TV,you can mirror from your computer screen to your TV
- Answered by William G. A from East York
- 05 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv)
music/audio cd on superdrive
planning to purchase the superdrive. can it burn audio cd's? and what program do i use to burn my mp3s to audio cd's? itunes sufficient?
- Asked by Edward Jonathan C from Pattaya
- 12 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (music/audio cd on superdrive)
Yes, it can burn all types of CDs and DVDs (not sure about DVD-RAMs, but those are not very much used anyway). You can use iTunes' internal burning facility or a third party software, like Roxio's Toast Titanium
- Answered by Ciprian L from Manchester
- 12 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (music/audio cd on superdrive)
Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- 11 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
can you put a sims cd in it?
i just bought a imac and i just relize that you cant put a cd in it. if i buy this would i be able to play sims on my iMac?
- Asked by Huguette H from Fredericton
- 09 9, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you put a sims cd in it?)
Yes. That will work just fine.
- Answered by Russ M from San Francisco
- 09 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you put a sims cd in it?)