Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
337 Questions from the Community
Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?
I need a drive to upload photos provided to me by parents for a school event.
I have a MacBook Air.
- Asked by Kathleen S from Largo
- 08 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?)
Yes, the Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with iMovie to import audio, video, and pictures into your iMovie projects.
- Answered by Jeffrey Y from Westmont
- 09 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?)
Can I use this (or other external USB powered dvd drives) to boot my late 2012 27" iMac from a system disc such as DiskWarrier?
I tried yesterday, but after waiting a very long time, I gave up. I wasn't sure when the USB power would kick in to allow the booting to take place from the external player.
thanks for your help.
- Asked by Hank K from Montgomery
- 03 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this (or other external USB powered dvd drives) to boot my late 2012 27" iMac from a system disc such as DiskWarrier?)
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my newly bought MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, or can I use the USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought from Apple Store earlier this year?
- Asked by Michael H from Henderson
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store)
Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
for example burn a CD on itunes using one and burn a DVD at the same time with toast using the other....
Or even better do apple have plans on bringing out a multi-disc burner?
- Asked by Nathan L
- 08 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?)
does the USB SuperDrive play netflix dvds?
- Asked by Deborah W from Traverse City
- 06 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (does the USB SuperDrive play netflix dvds?)
- Answered by M M from Santa Maria
- 06 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does the USB SuperDrive play netflix dvds?)
Will this work with any model macBook Air?
Old and new models?
- Asked by Patricia P from Camden
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with any model macBook Air?)
Yes, it's for any model that has no built in CD/DVD drive - which applies to all the MacBook Airs.
- Answered by Esra C from Shoreline
- 06 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with any model macBook Air?)
can apple usb superdrive play zone 2 DVD's
I have an 11" MacBook Air and an Apple USB SuperDrive. Can I use the drive to play Zone 2 DVD's on the computer?
- Asked by Meredith S from Washington
- 12 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can apple usb superdrive play zone 2 DVD's)
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???
No answers yet
Will this work with the upcoming iMac?
The new iMac that's due out in the coming months does not have an optical drive and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this drive is the solution for those of us who still require CD/DVD burning ability. Cheers.
- Asked by Danial C from Maudsland
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
In the uk I've just been into PC World (biggest computing retailer on the high street) who categorically tell me it will work; their staff have been trained by Apple on this. They referred me to the new iMac info on line, look where they describe the rear sockets , USBs and its states you can use these for your peripherals eg SuperDrive. I'm assured by this otherwise I was going to grab an old machine!!
- Answered by Keith B
- 10 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
can I use multipal dvd super drives at once
- Asked by Don T from Chatham
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use multipal dvd super drives at once)
Yes if you plug it in on a different USB port and have to programs that need or can use 1 and one more that can use 1 but not some thing like play 2 DVDs at once
- Answered by Ben R from Riverside
- 10 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use multipal dvd super drives at once)
- Answered by Warren S
- 03 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Apple Superdrive work with the new iMac given that it has no optical drive?)
During the keynote, it was said that it would work, of course.
The alternative to use it on the new iMacs was even suggested by Mr Schiller.
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 10 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
I am looking for an external DVD player that I can use for both Region 1 and Region 2 DVDs. Can you please let me know if it does. Thank you.
No answers yet
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
Apple Super Drive- Can it be mounted in any orientation such as vertical, upside down, or at an angle with no effect on performance or damage to CDs?
I am looking at mounting my super drive in a vertical position on my desk so it is up out of the way. I know some CD/DVD rom drives can not be mounted in a vertical position or used in a vertical position. Can the Super Drives be mounted in any orientation or are there restrictions to ensure proper performance.
No answers yet
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 07 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)