Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
520 Questions from the Community
Will this work with all other MacBook (2011) and MacBook AIr (2011).When I bought SuperDrive last year, it only work for MBA but not MBP or any othersAnswer
All of the Apple USB SuperDrives only work with Macs which do not have a built in SuperDrive.
Does this drive work with the new macbook
- Asked by George H from Greenville
- 09 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this drive work with the new macbook)
does this drive works with the new imac ?
- Asked by Daniel T
- 12 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does this drive works with the new imac ?)
YES IT DOES
- Answered by Stephen H from Lockeford
- 01 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this drive works with the new imac ?)
Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?
My current MacBook's disk drive is offline and needs to be replaced. I'm looking for the best solution to this problem so I can update my OS... PLEASE HELP. :(
- Asked by Pedro-alcario G from Lubbock
- 08 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?)
What connector is needed to use with the new MacBook Pro released yesterday?
- Asked by Melanie H from Jacksonville
- 10 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What connector is needed to use with the new MacBook Pro released yesterday?)
Will this item work with a MacBook?
- Asked by Cortney R from Kosciusko
- 07 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this item work with a MacBook?)
Yes, with a USB-C to USB adapter.
- Answered by Dave J
- 12 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this item work with a MacBook?)
Does the USB SuperDrive support DVD -R?
Are DVD -r supported?
- Asked by Matthew M from Norwell
- 01 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB SuperDrive support DVD -R?)
In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?
I travel a lot and I have different formats and regions in my DVDs collection and I want to know if the SuperDrive can read all the regions...
In my old laptop I can, but I'm not sure with SuperDrive, can anyone help me?
- Asked by Barbara W from Veracruz
- 07 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?)
No answers yet
Can you use this with the new Mac mini?
- Asked by Rita P from Gibbsboro
- 09 13, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this with the new Mac mini?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
music/audio cd on superdrive
planning to purchase the superdrive. can it burn audio cd's? and what program do i use to burn my mp3s to audio cd's? itunes sufficient?
- Asked by Edward Jonathan C from Pattaya
- 12 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (music/audio cd on superdrive)
Yes, it can burn all types of CDs and DVDs (not sure about DVD-RAMs, but those are not very much used anyway). You can use iTunes' internal burning facility or a third party software, like Roxio's Toast Titanium
- Answered by Ciprian L from Manchester
- 12 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (music/audio cd on superdrive)
Almost certainly not unless you're running Windows on your MacBook Air.
But if you are running a suitable version of Windows in a Boot Camp partition or in a virtual machine on the Air, you'll almost certainly be able to play a PC video game from the SuperDrive. I've run lots of PC software on Windows 8 running under VirtualBox on a MacBook Air. Game software should be fine, too (although many games don't run well in virtual machines, but fine in a Boot Camp partition).
- Answered by Michael G from Campbell
- 06 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the superdrive play PC video games on a Macbook air?)
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 06 9, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
short and sweet - yes.
longer version - put the cd in the drive, iTunes will recognise it and probably start to play it (depending on your settings). Stop it playing, choose 'import' and bob's you uncle... You will have the cd imported in the format of your choice into your iTunes library.
- Answered by Chris H
- 09 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does superdrive when connected to iMac enable CD's to be converted to mp3's)
Short and simple answer is YES,
I have iMac (late 2012) and recently bought the Superdrive from USA on a trip plugged in and it just worked :)