Questions & Answers for Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
112 Questions from the Community
Can it be used to sync activity devises like fit bit and activelink
- Asked by Lillan L from Cape Coral
- 06 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used to sync activity devises like fit bit and activelink)
What is the practical usage of this?
Is the only use for this with an iPhone 5 for 'charging'? How about connecting a digital camera?
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- 11 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the practical usage of this?)
Per an EU MoU (IP-09-1049), mobile phone manufacturers are required to support micro-USB connections on their devices. This ensures that regardless of device, one type of charger connection will work.
Apple satisfies this requirement by providing an adapter at additional cost. If you're like most people and have multiple devices that use micro-USB in addition to newer Apple products, this device allows you to use the same cables for all of them, be it charging or connecting to your computer.
- Answered by Thomas N from Brighton
- 12 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the practical usage of this?)
Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?
Wish to edit fottage from my go pro on my ipad mini using imovie. Thank You
- Asked by James W
- 12 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to connect a go pro camera to import fottage?)
Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?
- Asked by Patricia C from Columbus
- 11 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?)
Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?
How can I work with documents and files on my IPad II from my pen drives?
- Asked by Barbara E from San Benito
- 12 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
You can't use a USB pen drive directly with the iPad 2, even when using the camera kit (which supports USB connection to certain digital cameras), neither can you connect USB hubs or other peripherals - only certain digital cameras.
One workaround is to use a USB pen drive that accepts SD cards with your computer, then remove the SD card from the pen drive and use the second device which comes with the iPad camera kit - the SD card reader, to transfer the files.
Bear in mind that even with this second method you can only transfer photographs (and only those photos in a format compatible with iOS). You're best off using a 3rd party cloud service on your computer and loading a suitable cloud client from the App Store on your iPad to be able to transfer and those files to the iPad for use with a compatible App.
- Answered by Adrian D
- 01 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
I misplace my charger for my Mophie Juice pack plus i have on my iphone 5. is this the adapter i need to convert my iphone 5 charger to mophie juice p
I misplace my charger for my Mophie Juice pack plus i have on my iphone 5. is this the adapter i need to convert my iphone 5 charger to mophie juice pack plus charger?Best Answer:
No - this works the other way round unfortunately.
The Mophie juice pack uses a Micro USB cable to charge. This adaptor converts a Micro USB cable into a Lightning cable - so this would, for example, enable you to use a Mophie power cable (which is Micro USB) to charge your iPhone directly.
You need a Micro USB cable for the Mophie juice pack - you could just buy any old Micro USB cable and use your existing iPhone power adaptor (the bit with the big USB socket on it you plug in your normal lightning cable to) to charge the Mophie - that will cost alot less than buying any apple adaptor/convertor.
How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?
- Asked by Keikilani C from Lihu'e Kauai
- 11 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I load a slideshow presentation on my iPad?)
When using this with a standard micro USB to USB cable is electrically the same as the lightning to USB cables?
I need to have multiple lightning to USB cables for charge at work and plugging to a car stereo, is this electrically the same when using it with a standard micro USB to USB cable? The car stereo with the standard Apple cable can control and convert the digital audio from it. I have lots of micro USB to USB cables and charger to leave at work and in the car and carrying this is easier or cheaper than buying a bunch of real Apple cables.
- Asked by Albert C from Huntington
- 02 9, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (When using this with a standard micro USB to USB cable is electrically the same as the lightning to USB cables?)