Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
152 Questions from the Community
Can i use this adapter to a brother printer?
- Asked by Joseph L from Rhinebeck
- 04 17, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this adapter to a brother printer?)
Can I use this to connect a USB mouse to my iphone?
My touch screen is broken and I can't access my photos so I want to be able to connect a mouse so that i can backup my photos
- Asked by Gemma S from Sydney
- 02 12, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a USB mouse to my iphone?)
Maybe, probably not though. If you want to use it for connecting to MIDI sources get the Lighting to USB 3 adapter, because that one has both USB and lightning. And it uses the lighting port for supplying extra power to devices/peripherals. This is the part of the description of the Lightning to USB 3, "Then you can connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces, and card readers for CompactFlash, SD, microSD, and more."
- Answered by Robert M from Bensenville
- 12 4, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with iOS 12 and hook up to midi device. thanks)
Can I use Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to connect USB keyboard to iPhone?
- Asked by Jenny K from Sacramento
- 01 30, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to connect USB keyboard to iPhone?)
Compatible with Nikon d700
I would like to import photos from my Nikon D700 when in the field. knowing Apple's limitations has anyone successfully imported photos using this connector with Nikons?
- Asked by Robert B
- 12 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with Nikon d700)
Yes (D700). And using iPhoto with my iPad mini (running iOS7), I can import both RAW and JPEG file formats.
- Answered by Giles N
- 10 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Compatible with Nikon d700)
Nikon d7200 and lightning to usb adapter
I have a problem with cable connection between Nikon d 7200 and lightning to usb cable . I cant open or download any picture. The connection stops.
I saw this “error” about 3 monts ago, i never had that problem before. I dont know what to do, becouse i need Raw pictures and i cant get them with Wifi.
- Asked by Ester F
- 11 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Nikon d7200 and lightning to usb adapter)
will this connect with an ipad 2
- Asked by Gurbhag D
- 02 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect with an ipad 2)
I use it to connect a ifi Micro iDSD DAC to my iPhone 5s so it should work with a iPad mini....sounds great with hi res audio files.
- Answered by Steven L
- 08 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this adapter to connect a DAC to my iPad mini?)
Can this be used to connect CME Xkey midi mobile keyboard to iPad mini 2?
Manufacturer(CME) say yes, but I'm still not convinced after all it is a camera usb adapter. Apple sell Xkey in USA but not UK so I'm not getting too far.
Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?
- Asked by Sondré S from Quezon City
- 04 4, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?)
The last time this question was asked (in 2013) there was no answer - can I transfer PDF files via USB with this accessory like Android?
- Asked by Hitesh D from Sacramento
- 03 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (The last time this question was asked (in 2013) there was no answer - can I transfer PDF files via USB with this accessory like Android?)
No answers yet
Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?
I can not figure out the full function of the ligning power input on the camera adaptor?
In description the port is used to power the phone/Ipad.
But I figured out that I can use a midi keyborad or an audio interface with the adaptor. It only works if I use a power source connected to the lightning port (Ipad charger). It seems like the power adaptor also power the slave device (MIDI or audio interface etc.).
Does it mean that I can power a usb hub through the lightning port on the camera adaptor or do the lightning port only charge the iphone/Ipad?
- Asked by Keld V
- 01 30, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?)
can I use a memory flash with lighting to camera adapter?
- Asked by Behrad M from San Francisco
- 08 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use a memory flash with lighting to camera adapter?)
No you cant, u are just able to connect the ipad with a camera
- Answered by Mohamed A from New York
- 09 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use a memory flash with lighting to camera adapter?)
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
At the Apple store in Bridgewater, NJ today, I asked what I needed to connect my Canon 30D to my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air. I was told and sold a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
When I got home, I plugged the camera and phone together. The phone reads Cannot Use Device: Canon Digital Camera: The connected device is not supported.
The connection with the iPad Air works.
Both iPhone 5S and iPad Air have latest iOS.
Any way to make this work for the 5S or should I return the cable?
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- 08 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
Hi Joseph, It will now work. With IOS 9.2 Apple has brought the capability to directly transfer photos , videos etc from Digicam to any iphone using the lightning port (Read iphone 5 and above). Just update to ios 9.2 and enjoy
- Answered by Neel A from Bangalore
- 12 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?
There is great confusion about audio from the lightning port. On the one hand, we're told that you need this cable attached to a DAC to play hi-res(>48/24) audio. Yet we're also told that this is a "digital only" interface. What is the story? I'm hoping to use a 3rd party hi-res audio player to send a hi res stream to my car audio system via this connector, but not sure how it works. Can anyone point me to an authoritative description of how audio is pass through the lightning connector? Are the DACs in the iphone ever used, or is it a pure digital stream via lightning. If it's purely digital, can we use this connector to pass hi res (ie 96/24) digital streams to a Nissan car audio system? I've read all the conjecture, what I'm looking for is a definitive statement from Apple
- Asked by John A M from Carlsbad
- 04 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?)
I know that you have to use this to connect to a DAC. You will also need a hi-res audio app such as onkyo HF Player (supports upto 24 bit/ 192 kHz). The audio signal will then be output digitally to the DAC which then does the Digital to Analogue Conversion (DAC) that is then amplified to either headphones or speakers. Not sure if it will work with car audio system because it will depend on what resolution and file types its DAC supports. Hope this helps?
Can this be used to connect MIDI devices for music apps?
I have the old camera connection kit for connecting MIDI devices to control Garageband etc. will this work the same way?
- Asked by Paul W
- 11 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect MIDI devices for music apps?)
Is it possible for me to use a keyboard from an old iMac (USB connection) to the iPad Air? How will the keyboard be powered?
- Asked by John D from Kensington
- 11 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible for me to use a keyboard from an old iMac (USB connection) to the iPad Air? How will the keyboard be powered?)