Questions & Answers for Lightning to VGA Adapter
68 Questions from the Community
The AV adaptor is an HDMI/Lightning adapter.
- Answered by Jeff S from Landenberg
- 05 15, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between a VGA adapter and an AV adapter)
What's in the box with the iphone5?
- Asked by Linda H from Ferriday
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What's in the box with the iphone5?)
Lightning sync/charge cable, charger, new-style ear buds and nano-sim ejection tool. Oh - and a quick start guide.
- Answered by Darrin S from London
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's in the box with the iphone5?)
How does audio work with lighting to VGA adaptor?
I have a pioneer avh-2500bt that is telling me I need VGA adaptor for my iPhone 5..
Although, I'm finding out that it does not support audio transfer. How does the audio work?
- Asked by Karl R from Hobbs
- 03 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How does audio work with lighting to VGA adaptor?)
The lighting to VGA adaptor does not support audio. VGA cables have never supported audio.
- Answered by Sean O from North Haven
- 04 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How does audio work with lighting to VGA adaptor?)
yes of course you can transfer files. Simple have google drive or dropbox in your ipad and install the same in your acer computer. It will do the rest....
- Answered by Hudha Z from Kurunegala
- 11 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I transfer pictures or files from my iPad to my acer computer, which uses Microsoft 7?)
Does the audio pass through the lightning connector?
Given VGA is video only, can the Lightning Port on the adapter be used for audio and power or just power? Does the audio pass through the connector?
- Asked by Mark S from Bellevue
- 11 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the audio pass through the lightning connector?)
Yes, the Apple Lightning connector passes audio in digital format through any official Lightning cable. For instance, I use a Lightning cable to pass a digital audio signal from my iPhone 5 to my Sony PHA-1 external portable DAC/Headphone AMP combo and it sounds amazing!
- Answered by Daniel M from Garden City
- 06 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the audio pass through the lightning connector?)
Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter
I would like to know the length of the Lightning to VGA Adapter cable
I'm looking for a fairly long one. And also can it be extended with the help of another cables?
- Asked by Gururaj S
- 02 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter)
This is an adapter not a cable. It adapts your Lighting device to be used with projectors and displays that use a VGA signal. You use a standard VGA cable that came with the projector or display. Or you can by a standard VGA cable of various lengths and a computer store. The standard cable will have a male connector at each end. This adapter therefore has a female VGA connector that the standard VGA cable with the male connector plugs into. If you look you will also find that the standard VGA connector on your TV, projector or display has a .... wait for it .... female connector. To recap. A standard VGA cable will have male connectors at each end. Devices that work with a other VGA standard devices have female connectors. Pretty cool.
- Answered by Les W from Boca Raton
- 09 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter)
Can you stream YouTube through this from iPhone 6 to monitor with VGA?
- Asked by Matthew F from Acworth
- 04 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you stream YouTube through this from iPhone 6 to monitor with VGA?)
The port next to the VGA port is a lightning port that allows you to charge your device while it is plugged into a VGA output.
- Answered by Patrick R from Quitman
- 10 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the slot adjacent to the VGA out on the adapter? Is it for a security tether?)
You should use the lightning to VGA. This will plug in to your smart board and work instantly. For the projector you just need the projector hooked up to a computer and plug in this same adapter to the computer. This will work perfectly.
- Answered by Molly B from Argyle
- 02 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Which cable would be best to connect my iPad to the smart board and projector?????)
Yes it can be used to charge the iOS device while being used. The adapter has an input for a lightning cable, so if you plug in the lightning cable (attached to a charger) to the adapter, the iPhone/iPad/iPod will charge while you are using the VGA adapter.
- Answered by Brian G from Salem
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the Lightning to VGA adaptor charge the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch when being used?)
Can I use this for a connection from a security system to my iMAC as a monitor?
I am looking at a security system (Night Owl 8-Channel HD Analog DVR with 1TB HDD, 4 1080p Cameras with 100' Night Vision) and would like to hookup my iMAC as the monitor. It has 1 VGA Output (TV/Monitor) and a HDMI Output. Thank you
- Asked by Peter B from Fresno
- 10 2, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this for a connection from a security system to my iMAC as a monitor?)
is it compatible with the ipad air 2
- Asked by Hahn Loeser P from Cleveland
- 07 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with the ipad air 2)
- Answered by Nhan N from Seattle
- 10 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it compatible with the ipad air 2)
I am looking to buy " lightning to VGA adaptor" for iphone 5
I have a 8 inch screen in my car that supports video input via hdmi
I want to display google maps on it from iphone 5
My real question is will VGA support mirroring google maps from iphone to that screen ?
- Asked by Gurjant C from Yuba City
- 12 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Mirroring)
If your car display wants "video input via HDMI", you should purchase the "Lightning Digital AV Adapter" (part MD826ZM) instead, as that one provides HDMI out.
- Answered by Christopher S from Hampton
- 01 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Mirroring)
Is there a way to toggle the projector on and off using the Lightning to VGA adapter to connect iPad to projector?
I would like tot be able to switch he projector image off and on without having to plug and unplug the VGA adapter. I figured there was a control on the iPad for this but I have not found it. Thanks.
- Asked by Gary B from Goreville
- 06 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to toggle the projector on and off using the Lightning to VGA adapter to connect iPad to projector?)
I can envision two methods. I use an A/B switch that I press to access my PC thus if the PC is on whatever appears on the PC is projected. The option w/o the PC could be press the sleep switch on your Apple device and assume it goes dark that is what shows on the screen.
- Answered by Martin S from Highland Park
- 06 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to toggle the projector on and off using the Lightning to VGA adapter to connect iPad to projector?)
Is the mirroring option on when you first time use Lightning to vga adapter? Or should it turned on somewhere?
Having trouble to use live TVs on vga. After awhile iPad and vga display goes black but sound is coming from my iPad mini. After disconnect the vga and applying it back the screens comes to life but again after few 10-20 seconds the screens goes black again.
Does the iPad 4 support an output resolution of 1600 x 1200 over this Lighting to VGA Adapter?
I'm aware it supports the standard 1024 x 768 resolution on projectors, but I want to know if that limitation is due to the projector not accepting a higher input or with the iPad itself. I have a Dell Ultrasharp monitor with a native resolution of 1600 x 1200 and I'd hate to purchase this without making sure it used it to its full advantage.
Does this adapter work for Honda CR-V 2016 for "Honda Link"
- Asked by Jon V from Amherst
- 05 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work for Honda CR-V 2016 for "Honda Link")