Questions & Answers for Lightning to VGA Adapter
69 Questions from the Community
No. it is a VIDEO adapter only to connect your iOS device to an external monitor or projector.
- Answered by Sunil K from Austin
- 07 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it work for printing)
I would like to use my ipad (latest model) to teach with and present on a Smartbard using this connector. Will it work? Will I get full functionality
ipad 4 to vga connectionAnswer
You will get video but touching the smart board can't control the iPad as its only a video connection no data
- Answered by Laurie M from Williamsburg
- 12 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I would like to use my ipad (latest model) to teach with and present on a Smartbard using this connector. Will it work? Will I get full functionality)
Is the mirroring option on when you first time use Lightning to vga adapter? Or should it turned on somewhere?
Having trouble to use live TVs on vga. After awhile iPad and vga display goes black but sound is coming from my iPad mini. After disconnect the vga and applying it back the screens comes to life but again after few 10-20 seconds the screens goes black again.
Does the iPad 4 support an output resolution of 1600 x 1200 over this Lighting to VGA Adapter?
I'm aware it supports the standard 1024 x 768 resolution on projectors, but I want to know if that limitation is due to the projector not accepting a higher input or with the iPad itself. I have a Dell Ultrasharp monitor with a native resolution of 1600 x 1200 and I'd hate to purchase this without making sure it used it to its full advantage.
No. Use Apple’s
• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader or
• Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
for this task.
- Answered by Stephen W from Nashville
- 01 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i transfer pictures from my nikon d3100 to my ipad4 using lightning to vga adapter)
can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)Best Answer:
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- 05 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system))
Does this adapter work for Honda CR-V 2016 for "Honda Link"
- Asked by Jon V from Amherst
- 05 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work for Honda CR-V 2016 for "Honda Link")
- Answered by Peter C
- 01 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there any option by which i can send my pics from my lumia to my ipad mini????)
When will this work for the ipod nano
I really want to use this for my ipod nano 7 but was wondoring will it work or when will it?
- Asked by Joshua S from San Jose
- 12 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this work for the ipod nano)
The Lightning to VGA Adapter is not compatible with the 7th generation iPod Nano.
- Answered by Patrick R from Quitman
- 12 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When will this work for the ipod nano)
Does the VGA adapter work on older tv's?
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Bronx
- 03 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the VGA adapter work on older tv's?)
is it compatible with the iPad Air?
- Asked by Becca H
- 01 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with the iPad Air?)
Yes. I use it with my iPad Air for Keynote presentations at seminars.
- Answered by Sandy C from Kansas City
- 01 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it compatible with the iPad Air?)
Can I use the lightning to VGA in the reverse so that my iPad w/Retina Display is my projector?
My laptop is my primary academic device. It would help in note-taking if I was able to occasionally turn my highly portable iPad into an extension of my laptop's screen. Thank you :)
- Asked by Leah H from Lincoln
- 09 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning to VGA in the reverse so that my iPad w/Retina Display is my projector?)
No, you cannot. It only works for video output.
There is, however, an app called Air Display from Avatron Software that claims to be able to do exactly this, with no additional hardware necessary. Search the App Store for it.
- Answered by Marc M from Arcata
- 11 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the lightning to VGA in the reverse so that my iPad w/Retina Display is my projector?)
What cord is needed for a mini to connect to a LCD projector
- Asked by Amy V from Chicago
- 01 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What cord is needed for a mini to connect to a LCD projector)
Lighting to VGA Adapter
- Answered by Albert P from Scappoose
- 02 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cord is needed for a mini to connect to a LCD projector)
Can I use a lightning to 30 pin adapter so that I don't have to replace the cables that I have used for mirroring my iPad 3 to TV and projector screenBest Answer:
Apple has stated that the 30-pin to Lightning adapter doesn't support video out, so that would imply that no, the 30-pin adapter and the 30-pin VGA would not work.
Yes and no. You will notice people complaining about not being able to view iTunes content and the reason for this has nothing to do with their cable and everything to do with their display/tv/projector. A number of years back, something called HDCP was introduced to prevent people copying HD content. In order to view HDCP content, you need a compliant screen, it has nothing to do with the cable. If your screen/tv is not HDCP compliant, you will not be able to view content purchased on iTunes. Most newer TVs and Screens should be HDCP compliant but if you have an older one, it may be an issue.
- Answered by Athol H from Port Melbourne
- 01 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this device allow me to download movies on my iPad and connect to my TV for viewing)
Only if the app you use supports video playback. Some file browsers (mainly the free ones) let you copy, paste, move, etc., but don't actually let you open the files.
- Answered by Matthew L from Pittsburgh
- 10 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will I be able to play films from my storage device using my file browser app on my iPad to a TV using this ?)