Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
348 Questions from the Community
My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.
- Asked by Aleksandr L from Portland
- 04 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.)
I forgot to mention that the hdmi cable transfers both audio and video with just the one cable
- Answered by Christopher N. S from Northfield
- 05 14, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.)
No, this is strictly an "output" cable. Plug in this cable and you can now watch that game or movie from your Ipad of Iphone on a bigger screen.
- Answered by Michael D from Muncy
- 08 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to tether video with my Nikon D800 to my mini Ipad 3rd generation or Iphone 6+?)
Ipad to smartboard projector?
Best way to connect?
Smartboard is currectly working with a Dell PC at my school, I want to sometimes project education apps from my Ipad for my students
- Asked by R C from Oxford
- 03 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Ipad to smartboard projector?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."Best Answer:
At the time this question was asked, the iPad or iPhone could only manage a lower resolution for mirrored displays than it could for video playback (which is hardware accelerated)
This has changed recently to claim 1080p output for mirrored displays as well (although this is probably upscaled internally from a lower resolution display mode)
does this work with iphone4s?
- Asked by Raiyan Z from Kl
- 12 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with iphone4s?)
Unless you have some kind of mutant 4S that has a lightning connector, no.
- Answered by Timothy T from Houston
- 12 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this work with iphone4s?)
Will this work on my iPad Air 5th gen (wifi only)? I noticed that some similar products states that you need 3g and hotspots to connect to TV.
No answers yet
Yes, Everything that was on my phone was displayed on the TV.
I got this adapter and it works great.
The pixilation (picture quality) on the TV degrades the close you are to the screen, but then again I'm not going to sit 2 feet from the screen to watch the TV.
When I tiled my phone horizontally, the picture on the screen followed and vice versa.
Everything thing I normally use my IPhone for (text, web, movies) I was able to watch on the TV.
It was awesome.
- Answered by May G from San Diego
- 07 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you display everything on your device onto the TV?)
Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv
- Asked by Irene B from Edmonton
- 03 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv)
apple lighting connector with hdmi and lighting connector will the pass through side still send and receive i want to use it with my drone?
i have a phantom 4 drone can i use this adapter to work what i want to do is plug this unit into my ipad mini 3 and have it mirror my ipad screen while from my drone remote still send out into the pass through side to use the app
No answers yet
When using a 40 ft & a 50 ft HDMI cable mirroring would not work. When I changed to a 10 ft HDMI cable it works fine. What's the length restriction?
No answers yet
will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Bronx
- 03 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?)
Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?
NBC currently does not support airplay. Can i use this with NBC app to mirror to my TV?
- Asked by Hunter A from Nashville
- 03 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?)
Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?
- Asked by Caroline S from Chandler
- 11 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?)