Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
306 Questions from the Community
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- 12 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
Yes, so far everything I have tried is replicated right down to the home screen.
- Answered by Ken C
- 01 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Bronx
- 03 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?)
Will this work with my Ipad 2?
- Asked by Doreen L from Northfield
- 11 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Ipad 2?)
unfortunately not, because the iPad 2 didn't support the Lightning connection
- Answered by Manuel N
- 12 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with my Ipad 2?)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Yes, HDMI carries both audio and video.
- Answered by Duke B from Playa Vista
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it output the audio also?)
The way I understand this is it is a video to hdmi.
So plug your hdmi cable into this adapter and the TV and you will mirror the iPhone on your TV.
So what you get on your phone you see on the TV.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so will i be able to watch movies on my tv from the web off my iPhone 5 if i have it plugged in??)
No you cannot. The Apple TV has a micro USB connection. This cable is designed for a lightning connection to HDMI. You cannot use it in reverse to send HDMI to lightning either.
- Answered by Brian L from Ridgefield Park
- 05 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use this to connect an apple tv to a cinema display?)
Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable
I have used airserver and I got masses of lag and it was no good for gaming. Is this better?
- Asked by Amanda W
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
It still will lag. Games running at 60 frames will run at half speed.
- Answered by Henry Mauricio M from Sylmar
- 09 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)
No You need the lightning sd card connector. Just eke out the sd card from your camera and pop it into the cable. Easy peasy. The cable is £25. Steep but makes things easy.
Can I connect to Home Theatre system
Connectin iPhone 6 Plus to LG home theatre systems
- Asked by Paul Deepak E
- 01 1, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to Home Theatre system)
After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over
Using the iPad mini and the TV to watch, is there a setting I need to switch over to make it work, or just by plugging it in, it will show.
- Asked by Keith C from Hagerstown
- 03 6, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
Unless your devices have a lightning connector as the iPad mini for example doe's you won't be able to use this with earlier model iPads. You may be able to solve this challenge by also buying the Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter.
Use this ultracompact adapter for iPad accessories that depend on the 30-pin connector.
- Answered by Michael F from Spokane Valley
- 12 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lightning digital AV adapter work with my smart board at school with an iPad mini or other earlier iPads?)
Can u watch sky go using this adapter
- Asked by Kelly P
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u watch sky go using this adapter)
I've no idea why an answer 'Yes' had been posted previously, as it most definitely DOES NOT WORK WITH SKY GO. This is not Apple's doing though, it is because Sky have placed that limitation within their app.
- Answered by Crispin E
- 10 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can u watch sky go using this adapter)