Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
335 Questions from the Community
Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv
- Asked by Irene B from Edmonton
- 03 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv)
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- 03 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?
NBC currently does not support airplay. Can i use this with NBC app to mirror to my TV?
- Asked by Hunter A from Nashville
- 03 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?)
Does this mirror MLB At Bat app so I can watch the games on my tv?
- Asked by Neil P from Modesto
- 05 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this mirror MLB At Bat app so I can watch the games on my tv?)
Can pen drive be connected to the Lightning digital AV adaptor?
How to transfer datas from iPad Air 2 to pen drive?
- Asked by Karan S
- 09 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can pen drive be connected to the Lightning digital AV adaptor?)
Will this work with the ipad2 or is it only compatible with the newest iPad?
I would like to watch Netflix on my tv. Will this allow me to do that?
- Asked by Jennifer C from Hemet
- 11 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the ipad2 or is it only compatible with the newest iPad?)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?
The way I understand this is it is a video to hdmi.
So plug your hdmi cable into this adapter and the TV and you will mirror the iPhone on your TV.
So what you get on your phone you see on the TV.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so will i be able to watch movies on my tv from the web off my iPhone 5 if i have it plugged in??)
apple lighting connector with hdmi and lighting connector will the pass through side still send and receive i want to use it with my drone?
i have a phantom 4 drone can i use this adapter to work what i want to do is plug this unit into my ipad mini 3 and have it mirror my ipad screen while from my drone remote still send out into the pass through side to use the app
No answers yet
Helps transfer of music from iPod to ipad?
Can the digital adapter transfer and sync iPod to ipad2 or is it just a charging cable? I stupidly bought an old iPad, without the usb ports and no way of putting my music on it!
- Asked by John R P from Ft Campbell
- 09 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Helps transfer of music from iPod to ipad?)
Can I watch Internet videos from this
- Asked by Julian Q from Banning
- 10 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Internet videos from this)
I run Netflix from my iPhone to a TV through HDMI with this adapter. Works great.
- Answered by Curtis N from Mcgaheysville
- 10 31, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Internet videos from this)
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Yes, HDMI carries both audio and video.
- Answered by Duke B from Playa Vista
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it output the audio also?)
No you cannot. The Apple TV has a micro USB connection. This cable is designed for a lightning connection to HDMI. You cannot use it in reverse to send HDMI to lightning either.
- Answered by Brian L from Ridgefield Park
- 05 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use this to connect an apple tv to a cinema display?)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)
Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable
I have used airserver and I got masses of lag and it was no good for gaming. Is this better?
- Asked by Amanda W
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
It still will lag. Games running at 60 frames will run at half speed.
- Answered by Henry Mauricio M from Sylmar
- 09 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)