Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
342 Questions from the Community
Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?
- Asked by Stan M from Hamilton
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?)
No answers yet
Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?
Specifically Cathay Pacific. They have composite and S video inputs so if I bought an HDMI to composite adapter would this lightning adapter work?
- Asked by Victor A from Germantown
- 04 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?)
No. HDMI is digital and composite/s-video is analog. Most adapters that convert are expensive and require an addition power supply to plug in. There is not a cable that will do this.
- Answered by Sean S from Mt. Pleasant
- 06 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?)
Just plug it in. In my case, it didn't matter the order sequence of the connected devices. But just to be sure, have the TV or monitor on and ready, connected first to the adapter and to the appropriate HDMI input selected. Then to the iOS device on and unlocked on the home screen to the Lightning adapter. The charger part of it is not required (well, at least in my case) but it does help charge your iOS device while you can extend or disable the auto-shutoff screen setting on it. This is helpful because when the screen on your iOS device shuts off, it also shuts off the connection to the TV or monitor and this can get annoying.
- Answered by Jonathan R from Madison
- 06 1, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I mitrror my iPad to tv through the av adapter)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
will this adapter work with a new Mac Pro to my Asus PB278 hi res display?
- Asked by Robert P from Lindenhurst
- 04 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this adapter work with a new Mac Pro to my Asus PB278 hi res display?)
when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad
- Asked by Ravinson A
- 02 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad)
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- 03 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
The iTunes movie rentals would display at the max resolution of the adapter, which, unfortunately, is 1600 x 900. This is due to the fact that the cable has inside it a computer chip, which decodes the information from the iPad, and then up scales it to 1080p, so the image is first compressed, and then expanded again, decreasing the image quality. However, due to the fact that the cord has a chip inside it, it may be possible to update the chip, and increase the resolution in the future. Until then, though, the true resolution of the video is up scaled 1600 x 900, whether you have the HD version or not.
- Answered by Phil & Margaret S from Cairns
- 04 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What resolution do iTunes movie rentals display in with this adapter if I got the HD version? Full 1080p?)
Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception
- Asked by Judith U from Tirroan
- 11 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception)
Anything over 50 feet might have a ill issue. You are fine
- Answered by Jason M from Trail
- 11 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- 11 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?