Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
295 Questions from the Community
Difference between md826am/a and md826zm/a?
Whats the difference between these two? Is there any visual difference in them to distinguish one from the other? Thanks
- Asked by Daniel H from St Augustine
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Difference between md826am/a and md826zm/a?)
Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2
- Asked by Martin M
- 01 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2)
Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception
- Asked by Judith U from Tirroan
- 11 17, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception)
Anything over 50 feet might have a ill issue. You are fine
- Answered by Jason M from Trail
- 11 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is a 10 mtr hdmi cable too long for good reception)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- 12 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
Can u watch sky go using this adapter
- Asked by Lorenzo M from Tempe
- 11 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u watch sky go using this adapter)
- Answered by Umair K
- 06 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can u watch sky go using this adapter)
can I watch videos throw my phone onto my tv with the Lighting Digital AV Adapter
- Asked by Brandon W from Dawson Creek
- 08 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I watch videos throw my phone onto my tv with the Lighting Digital AV Adapter)
Will an audio app such as spotify work with this adapter? Will the user interface be mirrored and the music outputted to the tv as well?
- Asked by Catherine O from New Richmond
- 01 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an audio app such as spotify work with this adapter? Will the user interface be mirrored and the music outputted to the tv as well?)
No answers yet
Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?
- Asked by Timothy K T from Northridge
- 11 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?)
Yes, the connector is the same size as the one on your charger.
- Answered by Nathan L
- 11 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."Best Answer:
At the time this question was asked, the iPad or iPhone could only manage a lower resolution for mirrored displays than it could for video playback (which is hardware accelerated)
This has changed recently to claim 1080p output for mirrored displays as well (although this is probably upscaled internally from a lower resolution display mode)
Can I connect to Home Theatre system
Connectin iPhone 6 Plus to LG home theatre systems
- Asked by Paul Deepak E
- 01 1, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to Home Theatre system)
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.
No answers yet
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- 03 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?Answer
Yes, Maps will display on a larger screen.
The screen in this mode is an exact duplicate of whatever is displayed on the iPad/iphone.
On an iPhone 5, which I just tested for you, the image is very slim and central when the iPhone is vertical, but when the device is horizontal it near-fills the screen.
Note that the display doesn't show the map at a different size to your device (This may sound an odd thing to suggest, but Netflix, for example, outputs video to a separate screen, with a different resolution to that shown on the iOS device- I believe this is because there is a different path through the display chips for hardware accelerated video)