Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
300 Questions from the Community
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."Best Answer:
At the time this question was asked, the iPad or iPhone could only manage a lower resolution for mirrored displays than it could for video playback (which is hardware accelerated)
This has changed recently to claim 1080p output for mirrored displays as well (although this is probably upscaled internally from a lower resolution display mode)
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.
No answers yet
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- 03 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?Answer
Yes, Maps will display on a larger screen.
The screen in this mode is an exact duplicate of whatever is displayed on the iPad/iphone.
On an iPhone 5, which I just tested for you, the image is very slim and central when the iPhone is vertical, but when the device is horizontal it near-fills the screen.
Note that the display doesn't show the map at a different size to your device (This may sound an odd thing to suggest, but Netflix, for example, outputs video to a separate screen, with a different resolution to that shown on the iOS device- I believe this is because there is a different path through the display chips for hardware accelerated video)
sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.
- Asked by Michael J. W from Charleston
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
Look on the back/side of your TV and see what sort of input connector you have. There is no confusing the two with each other. (See pictures these two different connectors of Apple website.) If you have both I'd go with the digital av.
- Answered by Robert P from Placitas
- 02 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I know if need the lightning digital av adapter or the vga adapter for my tv?)
Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by Alfredo A from Concord
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
You will need this plug plus an HDMI to Composite converter... then you should have no problem.. I did it in all my cars. There is a mini one you can buy and hide behind your dash leaving just the HDMI exposed.
- Answered by Scott G from Hollywood
- 11 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
No. I bought this HDMI adapter at my local Apple store last night with the sole intent to mirror NFL Red Zone, MNF and TNF from the Verizon App to my big screen. No dice. App says it won't play video while AirPlay is enabled. Going to return the adapter tonight.
BTW, other video looks phenomenal on the big screen. Would keep adapter if it wasn't so expensive.
- Answered by Michael S from Hampton Falls
- 10 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work for the nfl mobile app from verizon so that I can watch the football games on tv?)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- 11 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
No answers yet
Can I use this adaptor with my macbook? If nor, which one do I use to connect to a projector? I have a Macbook, model A1278. Thanks
No answers yet
Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.
- Asked by Josh B from Osceola
- 10 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.)
No answers yet
playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display
Is it possible to play video produced by an iphone 5 over my vehicles navigation system screen with only AV outlets?
- Asked by Clint C from Baton Rouge
- 06 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display)