Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
301 Questions from the Community
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.
No answers yet
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- 03 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?Answer
Yes, Maps will display on a larger screen.
The screen in this mode is an exact duplicate of whatever is displayed on the iPad/iphone.
On an iPhone 5, which I just tested for you, the image is very slim and central when the iPhone is vertical, but when the device is horizontal it near-fills the screen.
Note that the display doesn't show the map at a different size to your device (This may sound an odd thing to suggest, but Netflix, for example, outputs video to a separate screen, with a different resolution to that shown on the iOS device- I believe this is because there is a different path through the display chips for hardware accelerated video)
sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.
- Asked by Michael J. W from Charleston
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (sync cable for transferring data from iphone to ipad.)
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Yes, HDMI carries both audio and video.
- Answered by Duke B from Playa Vista
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it output the audio also?)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?
- Asked by Andrew D from Saugus
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
Yes, that is the port next to the HDMI
- Answered by Robert B from Mckinney
- 10 28, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
Difference between md826am/a and md826zm/a?
Whats the difference between these two? Is there any visual difference in them to distinguish one from the other? Thanks
- Asked by Daniel H from St Augustine
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Difference between md826am/a and md826zm/a?)
Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by Alfredo A from Concord
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
You will need this plug plus an HDMI to Composite converter... then you should have no problem.. I did it in all my cars. There is a mini one you can buy and hide behind your dash leaving just the HDMI exposed.
- Answered by Scott G from Hollywood
- 11 30, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- 11 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
No answers yet
Can I use this adaptor with my macbook? If nor, which one do I use to connect to a projector? I have a Macbook, model A1278. Thanks
No answers yet
Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.
- Asked by Josh B from Osceola
- 10 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.)
No answers yet