Questions & Answers for Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
86 Questions from the Community
The only adaptor I have for my Ipad 4 is a 2008 ipod charger (I don't know the wattage). Will this 12 w charge my ipad quicker?
Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.
I would like to buy the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter with a type A (US) plug instead of the type G (UK) plug from the Singapore Apple Store.
Is this possible?
- Asked by Ekman C
- 06 1, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.)
Does it plug straight into a plug socket?
- Asked by Chris O
- 03 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it plug straight into a plug socket?)
Yes, you can use your own cable. The charger has a standard usb port, so use whatever cord you already have.
- Answered by Liam C from Kalamazoo
- 12 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use my own cable)
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
I don't want to have the whole travel adapter---just want to buy this power adapter in Australia for use in Europe. Don't need the Australian plug at all
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- 01 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
The old one included an Apple power cord (6 feet). That seems to be missing from the 12W version's "What's in the Box" section.
- Answered by Jon S from Selma
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this one same as the old one, while the old one includes the old 30 pin cable?)
does anybody know if/how much faster this will charge an iPhone or iPad, since I've lost my iPad adapter which was 10 Watts. ThanksAnswer
This newer Apple charger is 100% compatible with the one you've lost and even boasts a 20% higher power rating. Therefore, theoretically, the new model will charge your iPad 20% faster.
I'm using an iPhone 5, and I want to buy an Apple 12W USB Power Adapter for charging. Is it suitable for iPhone 5? Does it shorten the battery life?
will 12w adapter work on the apple watch?
- Asked by John T V from Calabasas
- 04 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will 12w adapter work on the apple watch?)
I see that the 12 Watt adapter now list the Apple Watch as being compatible on the web site. So, apparently this has been tested enough that Apple feels confident in us using it. I just got my Apple Watch recently and I've been using the 12 watt adapter and it seems to charge a bit faster and thus far I've seen no issues. It certainly won't void your warranty as indicated by the previous post.
- Answered by David A. B from Pineville
- 12 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will 12w adapter work on the apple watch?)
What exactly is in the pack?
What do I need besides this to charge my iPad3? Are there other cables/links needed? I have left the charger etc that came with it while away from home and it takes forever linked to computer.
- Asked by Paul M
- 11 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is in the pack?)
Does it comes with a wire?
Does it come with a wire for iPad 1-3, iPod 4?
- Asked by Hui Jia Y
- 12 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it comes with a wire?)
The package is the adapter only, no wire included.
- Answered by Ahmad A from Overland Park
- 12 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it comes with a wire?)
How many hours will full charge?(ipad 3)
Hi I got ipad 3 for last week but it didn't fully charge, 36% charge after 2:30 hours, why ?
- Asked by Amandeep S from Sale
- 06 23, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How many hours will full charge?(ipad 3))
Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?
- Asked by Jack P from Bridgewater
- 08 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?)
Short answer: no. I just ordered one to replace a defective 5 watt charger for my 2009 160 GB Classic, and it didn't work. Tried it on my daughter's iPod of the same model: didn't work either. But lo and behold, it worked fantastically well on her iPhone 4. The lesson in this is that whenever the Product Information and the Compatibility sections do not tell the same story, the Compatibility section is the more likely to be right. I know, because I've had a few such experiences in the past.
- Answered by Michel V from Sainte-julie
- 01 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?)
Does this come with a 30-pin cable?
I need both an adapter and cable but can't find a 30-pin adapter anywhere.
- Asked by David C from Media
- 01 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come with a 30-pin cable?)
It does not because I ordered like 5 for work place and did not include cables. Very disappointed! They could easily put a one liner stating cable is not included.
- Answered by Juvy H from Dallas
- 01 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this come with a 30-pin cable?)
Can this be powered by a battery backup?
Is it acceptable to power this USB power adapter with a battery backup unit that delivers 120V?
- Asked by Mark H from Levittown
- 09 23, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be powered by a battery backup?)
Can I use this on a us ipad
- Asked by Nadeem H from Huntingdon
- 12 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this on a us ipad)