Questions & Answers for Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
197 Questions from the Community
No it will not. This charger when used to charge an iPhone it will only draw 5 watts
and that is the same as the included charger with the iPhones.
- Answered by Erik I from Tehachapi
- 01 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this charge the iPhone 5 faster than the 5W adapter that came with the phone?)
how does the power adaptor for a macbook pro get hooked up?
- Asked by Penny C from Sacramento
- 03 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how does the power adaptor for a macbook pro get hooked up?)
do I use the apple 12W USB power adapter to charge my ipday when I am in Turkey and Iran.
traveling to Turkey and iran with ipad....how to recharge safely?
- Asked by Debbie M from Oviedo
- 10 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do I use the apple 12W USB power adapter to charge my ipday when I am in Turkey and Iran.)
Does this come with the cable that came with the iPad 2 when it was purchased?
The cable that came with the charger for my iPad 2 has broken. I need a replacement.
- Asked by Dana M from Cascade
- 11 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come with the cable that came with the iPad 2 when it was purchased?)
It does not comes with a cable.
- Answered by Teck Guan N
- 12 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this come with the cable that came with the iPad 2 when it was purchased?)
What exactly is in the pack?
What do I need besides this to charge my iPad3? Are there other cables/links needed? I have left the charger etc that came with it while away from home and it takes forever linked to computer.
- Asked by Paul M
- 11 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is in the pack?)
Make sure that you use a 2.0/2.1/2.4A Charger. In USA, BELKIN,ENERGIZER, ARTWIZZ Branded ones should be plentiful. In Europe you can also find HAMA , PHILIPS, TRUST branded ones, as well. The said brands are "technically reliable ones" and should all be MFI products. Some models from the given brands may also sport dual outputs, at least one of them providing min. 2.0A output These mostly come without the charging cable... But the best/safest/most reliable choice is to get the 12W/2.4A one from Apple that can be used with any iOS product. Surprisingly enough this costs the same price as the smaller/less powerful 5W charger from Apple ($19+tax in the USA) in the AppleStores and APRs (similar policy worldwide), so if you do not have any constraints regarding its size it's the best P/P product.
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- 05 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have an iPad Air. Can you name a few third party car chargers that are Apple certified?)
Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
Yes you can use it for your iPhone
- Answered by Malcolm L from Tampa
- 07 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
The picture above only shows a power adapter, does it include the 3pin (uk plug) as well. Or do I have to purchase the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter?
In the picture it only shows the big bulk thing does that just make it charge faster or does it include a uk plug (3pin) inside that I cant plug directly in the wall?Answer
Yes it comes with the Uk plug. If you select the second picture in the small box underneath the main picture you can see the earth pin and one other pin of a UK plug.
I have just purchased one from Apple shop in Crawley, West Sussex. (Note you do not get the USB to lightning cable).
is this the same as the adaptor that comes with any ipod
i.e, Early models Ipod 4th gen color
- Asked by Anne L from Albuquerque
- 11 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (is this the same as the adaptor that comes with any ipod)
Ipods do not include power adaptors. This particular adaptor comes with the iPad 4, but works with multiple other apple products.
- Answered by Matthew B from Carstairs
- 11 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this the same as the adaptor that comes with any ipod)
Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?
- Asked by Jack P from Bridgewater
- 08 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?)
Short answer: no. I just ordered one to replace a defective 5 watt charger for my 2009 160 GB Classic, and it didn't work. Tried it on my daughter's iPod of the same model: didn't work either. But lo and behold, it worked fantastically well on her iPhone 4. The lesson in this is that whenever the Product Information and the Compatibility sections do not tell the same story, the Compatibility section is the more likely to be right. I know, because I've had a few such experiences in the past.
- Answered by Michel V from Sainte-julie
- 01 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does 12 watt power adapter work with the latest ipod classic 160gb ?)
yes it does you need the cable for the device and attach it to the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
- Answered by Gabriel H from Elizabeth
- 12 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this work with ipod 5th generation what else do i need)
The old one included an Apple power cord (6 feet). That seems to be missing from the 12W version's "What's in the Box" section.
- Answered by Jon S from Selma
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this one same as the old one, while the old one includes the old 30 pin cable?)
I bought Ipad Air at the Wal-mart. But I'm going to back my country(South Korea) soon. Can I buy 12W USB Power Adapter which I can use in South Korea?Answer
yes of course u can... tho ul only need an adapter from usa to korea plug
- Answered by Thinh H from Sunshine North
- 04 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I bought Ipad Air at the Wal-mart. But I'm going to back my country(South Korea) soon. Can I buy 12W USB Power Adapter which I can use in South Korea?)
Are the iPod adapters somehow grounded, not adding noise to the signal/iPod?
I have a Q about the iPod adapters. Do they add noise when connected to the mains. I am a sound-engineer and I use...want to only use iPod Touch 4 32gb to play selected music using professional audio monitors in a pro environment.. etc, but the adapter I use now (not original) adds noise to the signal, despite there are many filters applied to the electricity chain. I need that iPod all the time connected to the mains and I was wondering if the original apple adapters are somehow grounded...not adding noise to the audio signal?
I really need that clean audio signal while my iPod is always connected the the mains via adapter. Any options for moded/handmade adapters are welcome too, lol : )
Thank you in advance!
- Asked by Ale X
- 03 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the iPod adapters somehow grounded, not adding noise to the signal/iPod?)
The only adaptor I have for my Ipad 4 is a 2008 ipod charger (I don't know the wattage). Will this 12 w charge my ipad quicker?
Is this compatible for ipod 3 n can be use in the Philippines voltage 220?
- Asked by Cesarina L from Conway
- 11 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible for ipod 3 n can be use in the Philippines voltage 220?)
Yes, Apple chargers are capable to use in outlets that have a voltage output of 110-220volts. Yes, we are travelling to the Philippines in 2 days and I know for a fact that they work there. The only caution would be of the outlet in the wall takes that old style round pin plugs. Then you would have to buy a cheap convertor piece that is 2 round pins and then THIS POWER ADAPTER would plug into it. So buy this first, then go to electronics store to find what will work. It is really very easy because this is only 2 prong without a third for ground. Bottom line, it will work in the Philippines.
- Answered by Robert Hj N from Lindsay
- 01 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this compatible for ipod 3 n can be use in the Philippines voltage 220?)
Yes, this product is compatible with the iPhone 4.
- Answered by Douglas W from Irvington
- 10 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the iPhone 4? It lists the 4S as compatible... is the 4 different?)