Questions & Answers for Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - White
142 Questions from the Community
Apple announced there would be a Thundebolt to Firewire adaptor coming soon. Until that arrives, you may wish to consider other options as follows.
If you have access to the underlying 2.5" SATA I/II drive inside your current storage device, you may also be able to use the Seagate Thunderbolt adaptor for their GoFlex Pro series of external drives, was their adaptor can handle the 2.5" HDD directly
- Answered by Thomas R from Cupertino
- 06 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect my MacBook Air (via thunderbolt) to my 500GB drive (has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400)?)
can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?
I am trying to upload videos from my DV to my iMac - am not sure if this device is thunderbolt compatible. what cable should i use? tx!
- Asked by James S from Petaling Jaya
- 03 2, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?)
Yes you can. Set up depends on which camera. For an older Sony Digital 8 Handycam, I plugged in a 4-pin to 9-pin Gigawire (from Radio Shack) to the DV in/out on the camera. Then I attached an Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter to that cable, and plugged into the Thunderbolt in back of the iMac. iMovie recognized the camera. The Mac could not control the camera, but that was no big deal.
- Answered by William T from Las Vegas
- 05 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?)