Questions & Answers for Apple Thunderbolt Cable (0.5m) - White
66 Questions from the Community
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
No answers yet
Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- 17 Jul 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
No, there is no Windows PC's out there with thunderbolt ports yet.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- 24 Jul 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?
When Wi-Fi is being too slow, I currently use an ethernet cable to connect my MacBook Pro to my mac mini server, running the Minecraft server software. Can I use this Thunderbolt cable instead of the ethernet cable I have been using, for an even faster connection?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- 24 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?Best Answer:
If you are using transferring all of your data to the other Mac, the easiest and fastest way is to use 'Migration Assistant' with an ethernet cable as it can reach speeds of up to 2gb/s.
- Answered by Joseph C from Brighton
- 12 Sep 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)