Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
575 Questions from the Community
so I need to update software on Airport Time Capsule
- Asked by Jared K from Scottsdale
- 06 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (so I need to update software on Airport Time Capsule)
Is the AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Windows 10?
- Asked by Michael T from San Diego
- 05 24, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Windows 10?)
Extend network using TC w/ non-Apple router
I have a wifi network right now running off a non-Apple router (Linksys I think, but I'm not home right now to check). The router is in the living room and I have no signal in my bedroom, which is where I would want to set up the TC. Can I set the TC up as a network extender and still use it for a Time Machine backup unit?
- Asked by James K from San Clemente
- 05 22, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Extend network using TC w/ non-Apple router)
This is why I decided to get the Airport Time Capsule. I have my entire iTunes library and iPhoto library on there - going on two years now. You can access the disk by clicking 'Option' when you open iTunes or iPhoto and choosing the Airport for your drive.
- Answered by Sumita A from Cleves
- 05 31, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I store my itunes library and photo library on time capsule so i can free space form my macbook pro ?)
can i access music files from time capsule from my ios
- Asked by David L from Paramount
- 01 13, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (can i access music files from time capsule from my ios)
Gen 4 2TB Time Capsule REFUSES to reset and amber light keeps flashing
- Asked by William H from Houston
- 06 19, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Gen 4 2TB Time Capsule REFUSES to reset and amber light keeps flashing)
Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?
i.e. will it support two instances of Time Machine so both Macs can independently backup to the Time Capsule?
- Asked by Josh H
- 06 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?)
Yes, the Time Capsule will do this without any setup differences of any kind. Once you establish a connection by entering in the Time Capsule's drive password, then the rest is just the same as backing up the first Mac.
I have two Macs that I am backing up, and found it incredibly simple.
- Answered by Shawn F from Riverside
- 07 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?)
- Answered by Kirill K from Houston
- 03 25, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How many gb is 1 TB)
How fast is the Airport Time Capsule
Will the 2 TB airport Time Capsule work with 400mpb internet speed?
Does it matter what generation Tim Capsule?
- Asked by Timothy J D from Houston
- 04 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (How fast is the Airport Time Capsule)
how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule
I want to shift data from my Time Capsule 1TB - to a new Airport Time Capsule 2TB.
How do I do this?
I have started to set up the new Airport Time Capsule 2TB, but it says if I replace the existing base station the settings will automatically migrate to the new ATC. Does that mean I lose the data I want to transfer?
- Asked by John D
- 03 26, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (how to shift data from time capsule to airport time capsule)
How do I back up my Mac on airport code time capsule cables
- Asked by Stella C from Forked River
- 04 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I back up my Mac on airport code time capsule cables)
I already have a wi-fi network, can I use the Time Capsule as storage alone?
We just purchased a new router, so I do not need wi-fi ... I do however need extra space for dvds that I have loaded on my mac. Am I able to use the Time Capsule for storage? will my apple tv be able to play my movies?
- Asked by Brandon K from Pewaukee
- 10 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I already have a wi-fi network, can I use the Time Capsule as storage alone?)
With the Sierra update in december 2016 Apple destroyed all possibilities of using Time Capsule for storage as a file sever in a network. I had four long calls with Apple Care and was finally connected to the senior level. They informed me that Apple has never supported the use of Time Capsule as a file server.
In the 10.12.2 version of Sierra the system no longer recognizes in which program a file has been created. There is no way to open a document while it is stored on the drive of the Time Capsule. Apple Care's recommendation was to move every file that I wanted to open to my desktop. They apparently never have tried to produce anything in a network environment where files are linked to other sources in the same location – Time Capsule.
I solved the problem by restoring 10.12.1, and can continue working normally. Apple Care says that some update in the future will most likely solve the problem that they have created for Apple customers. No promises about when.
- Answered by Mark O
- 01 11, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I already have a wi-fi network, can I use the Time Capsule as storage alone?)
Can I use the airport time capsule to also backup my iPad and iPhone
- Asked by Michael P from Valley Park
- 07 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport time capsule to also backup my iPad and iPhone)
Yes you can backup your iOS device, but only through your Mac. Backup your iOS device to your Mac regularly and backup your Mac to your Time Machine regularly. That is also free as opposed to buying iCloud storage for backups.
- Answered by Buford N from Renton
- 11 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the airport time capsule to also backup my iPad and iPhone)
Yes, the time capsule is just a router with hard disk storage.
- Answered by Johan R from Shelley
- 03 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (do you need a modem)
How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?
My hard drive crashed and I purchased a new MacBook Pro. I want to restore my documents from my latestAirPort Time Capsule backup and my quicken software and files but don't know how.
- Asked by H. W. A from Fairview Park
- 04 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?)
Hi Mr. H. W. A. , you can restore your files with Migration Assistant , to pen the Migration Assistant , go to Launchpad then Open the folder Other , then look for Migration Assistant and open it.
The Migration Assistant will start with a screen asking you how do you want to transfer your information from a Mac ,a Time Machine Backup or another disk(This is the default option)
Make sure that you are in the same network of the Time Capsule , then in the next screen select the Time Machine Backup disk(if you don't know , which one to choose , choose the disk with a green hard disk ,with a symbol of a arrow and in clock inside the arrow)
After you selected the time machie disk, the Migration Assistant will ask you to select witch backup you want to transfer, after the selection of the backup ,another screen will show up , asking to confirm what you would like to transfer from the backup
( The default option is everything, just a important thing , you can't select which documents&data ,you want to recover , but you can't do thus ,with apps and the Mac settings )
After you selected which information you want to recover ,select continue , and your Mac will ask if you want to encrypt your disk, this is important step ,because if you macbook is stolen ,nobody can access your information , ( i would recommend the encryption of your disk , the Mac may be slower ,but is better for security purpose)
After you select if you want FileVault or not , your information from the time capsule will began to restore
After this ,you can start using your Mac , with all your information previous from when the hard drive crashed
Sorry for the long Answer
- Answered by Stefano D from New York
- 05 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I restore files from my AirPort Time Capsule to my MacBook? Can I restore selective files/software?)
What is the read/write speed of the hard drive?
- Asked by Jesse I from Manhattan
- 03 11, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the read/write speed of the hard drive?)
Is the AirPort Time Capsule PoE or 802.3af compliant?
- Asked by Alexic C from Belconnen
- 11 11, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Time Capsule PoE or 802.3af compliant?)
Is it possible to setup a Time Capsule for wireless TimeMachine backups if I'm using a separate wifi access point for internet?
I have several Macs in a workspace that all must connect to the internet using a shared wifi access point. I can't use the Time Capsule itself as an internet access point. I'd like to use TimeMachine and an AirPort Time Capsule to back these up these Macs without running cables. Is this setup possible?
- Asked by Arthur A from Bronx
- 03 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to setup a Time Capsule for wireless TimeMachine backups if I'm using a separate wifi access point for internet?)
No answers yet