Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
571 Questions from the Community
can i use wan and lan in time capsule
can i have a new or extend my isp-router wireless network on my time capsule, and also access my time capsule disk via my wired network
- Asked by Efstathiou E
- 11 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use wan and lan in time capsule)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- 03 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
Does the AirPort Time Capsule provide a FTP server capability via a IPv4 registered public address?
My present Cisco/Belkin wireless router provides a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server using a IPv4 registered public address so I can access my stored files over the Internet. I find this service indispensable as I'm a network engineer and having my tools available without using disk space on my MBP makes more sense than a USB thumb drive
- Asked by George P from Deerfield Beach
- 11 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule provide a FTP server capability via a IPv4 registered public address?)
can I use this to backup my MacBook Pro and iPad and store my 24000 photos that are currently in iPhoto and are syncing on both my phone and computer?
No answers yet
Can i extend my network, with my existing one.. currently i have the at&t router 589.
i basically want to know if i can merge the two wireless routers to operate on the same network. Just to extend the range.
- Asked by Lance H from Rossford
- 11 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i extend my network, with my existing one.. currently i have the at&t router 589.)
does it have to be wireless ?
- Asked by Frank L from Racine
- 11 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (does it have to be wireless ?)
Does it support a PPPoE connection/setup?
- Asked by Ben M from O'connor
- 10 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support a PPPoE connection/setup?)
Yes. In AirPort Utility go to the Internet tab and click on the dropdown menu that has DHCP selected. Select PPPoE and fill out the form with your ISP's supplied information.
- Answered by Jared B from San Diego
- 11 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it support a PPPoE connection/setup?)
Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?
I have two internet conections, can i set both on the time capsule / airport extreme so it mixes them and distributes to the different users and machines?
- Asked by Roberto R from Estado De Mexico
- 02 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?)
You would have to use an externally powered usb hub to connect the devices into the Time Capsule
- Answered by Tyler S from Boise
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do you connect more than one USB device, for example, a printer AND a second external hard drive?)
can i use my old time capsule on my new time capsule network as a network storage device?
I just purchased a new Time Capsule and plan to use it as my wireless router. I would like to use my old time capsule as a network storage device to archive photos, for example. How do I set it up properly?
- Asked by John C from Lake Oswego
- 04 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my old time capsule on my new time capsule network as a network storage device?)
Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?
So, I have this old macbook and would buy this time capsule if I can use it to transfer everything from my old computer to a brand new one that I just ordered. Does this work? Will I be able to keep all my programs such as Word, Powerpoint, even my games without having to RE-BUY them?
- Asked by John B from Astoria
- 09 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
Yes, do a normal Time Machine back to the Time Capsule and use the documented procedure to restore on your new device. Using a new Time Capsule, transfer rate are awesome, took 3 hours on my wife's MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Frederic L
- 10 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
Can I connect more than one external hard drives to my Airport Time Capsule and access the external hard drive from 2 computers simultaneously?
I have just bought a 2TB Airport Time Capsule. I connected a USB hub to it and 2 external hard drives (Lacie). Is is possible to have more than one computer using the same external hard drive at the same time? It seems to only appear in one computer, not the other one.
No answers yet
CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC
Can Airport time capsule be used to back all PC that is on the network
- Asked by Van-hien T from Katy
- 01 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC)
Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router
I have a 2wire 5012NV (wireless N) as main router. I would like to wirelessly bridge a 2TB Airport Time Capsule (wireless AC) to it.
Can I get AC speed when running time machine backup for my rMBP (wireless AC)?
How about attaching a NAS to the Time Capsule via Ethernet? What speed can I get if I want to access the NAS wirelessly? Does the transmission pass through the wirelss N main router?
- Asked by Fay Hong L from Singapore
- 04 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Speed concern when connecting Airport Time Capsule to a wireless N router)
What is the Temperature specs?
- Asked by Richard G from Gilbert
- 02 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the Temperature specs?)
We are a family of 6 all with apple devices. Is the time capsule multi user capable? Specifically around the backup and sharing areas?Answer
Not sure about 6, but multi-user yes. When setting up Time Machine, it will present you all and any available drives on your network. Simply use it for each as long as the name of the computer is not the same.
Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?
Set up of AirPort Time Capsule
- Asked by Dean Z from Burleigh Waters
- 11 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to disable the Wi Fi signal from my existing Telstra Cable Wireless Modem to use Airport Time Capsule as my Wireless Router instead?)
No answers yet
I'm wondering if I can use this as a server for all my iTunes movies? I would need to be able to access the movies from Apple TV.
- Asked by Shira S from Eureka
- 09 18, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm wondering if I can use this as a server for all my iTunes movies? I would need to be able to access the movies from Apple TV.)
No answers yet
I am running Windows 8 which is similar to 7. I have my laptop doing an auto backup to the TC drive.
Go to Control panel - System and Security - and follow the prompts. ( select drive in TC etc.)
I mapped the TC data drive so Windows could connect at log on. Not sure if I needed to do that as well