Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
571 Questions from the Community
Is the Airport Time Capsule or Airport extreme DOCSIS 3.0 compatible?
DOCSIS 3.0 with 8 downstream channels or greater and 4 downstream channels or greater.
- Asked by Jerome K from New Bern
- 11 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Time Capsule or Airport extreme DOCSIS 3.0 compatible?)
As a PC user wanting this is a router and an external hard drive. Is there any difference between this and the previous 2011 Time Capsule model?
I.e. will the differences in wireless speed be apparent on a PC.
Can a Time Capsule, take a backup of both, MacBook Pro and Windows PC 8.1?
- Asked by Rohant K from Abu Dhabi
- 12 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Time Capsule, take a backup of both, MacBook Pro and Windows PC 8.1?)
How do I create my own network with time capsule
How do I create a guest network
- Asked by Mario G from Beaverton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I create my own network with time capsule)
Does this new Time Capsule support VPN settings?
- Asked by Serg G from Los Angeles
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this new Time Capsule support VPN settings?)
Can I connect to a wifi broadband device
- Asked by Leah K from Heathcote
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to a wifi broadband device)
Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player
I already have a large collection of movies in mainly avi format, and I would like to store my movies on my Airport Time Capsule. I don't really want to go through the arduous task of converting ALL my movies to apple format, Can I connect my WD Media Player to the Time capsule via USB cable, and play my movies through that (ie media player accesses the Time capsule like an external hard drive)?
- Asked by Jo-ann F from Salisbury
- 12 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player)
will this connect to smart tv?
Will I be able to stream movie files from the Time Capsule to my Samsung Smart TV?
- Asked by Nicholas W from Sydney
- 05 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect to smart tv?)
Can Time Capsule backup an external drive connected to the USB port?
I would like to connect a hard drive to the USB port of my AirPort Time Capsule for the purpose of providing a universal drive for movies and files shared by all computers on my wireless network. I am curious - can you select the drive plugged into the Time Capsule USB port to also be backed up by the Time Capsule itself? The reason I would want to do this is in the event that the external drive breaks, a copy of the files are on the Time Capsule itself.
- Asked by Galen H from New York
- 01 13, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capsule backup an external drive connected to the USB port?)
There if your iOS devices cant find the printer right away there is a lot of apps from cannon HP Brother and all the other that make printer that will let you print from your iOS devices but make sure your printer is supported by this or AirPrint
Is AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Comcast's cable service?
- Asked by Richard E S from Mendham
- 11 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Comcast's cable service?)
Can i use the Time Capsule only as a backup via wifi with my present linksys router and not use the Time Capsule as a router.Best Answer:
This is an excellent question, and the prior response did not answer it. There are many good reasons why you might want to wirelessly back up one or more Macs to the Airport Time Capsule, but not be using the Time Capsule for your primary WiFi source. Yes, you can have the Time Capsule "join" an existing WiFi network. Can you then back up your Macs to it, when both the Time Capsule and the Macs are on a different WiFi source? The answer is not apparent from the setup guide or specifications.
- Answered by Gary H from Pinehurst
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the Time Capsule only as a backup via wifi with my present linksys router and not use the Time Capsule as a router.)
how do I connect my lan line phone? Do I need an adapter, or is there a specific telephone capable modem that goes with this router?
- Asked by Aubrey T from Washington
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect my lan line phone? Do I need an adapter, or is there a specific telephone capable modem that goes with this router?)
What type of hard drive is in AirPort Time Capsule, i.e. is it just a retail type HDD or is it "enterprise" standard that can withstand 24/7 uptime?
Can the HDD within the unit withstand virtually permanent uptime as would be associated with a router. Enterprise quality drives should be able to cope but from experience, non-enterprise HDDs are not designed to be on 24/7. Non-enterprise would be found in laptops, for example – which are not expected to be live 24/7.
Will I need to keep Time Capsule hardwired to my cable modem via an ethernet cable at all times? That's going to require a very long cable.....