Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
542 Questions from the Community
is the output ethernet signal from the time capsule slower than the input
The Input ethernet signal is over 50Mb/sec but the output signal from any of the three output jacks is around 10Mb/sec
- Asked by George S from Aptos
- 12 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (is the output ethernet signal from the time capsule slower than the input)
If I am understanding you, the question you are asking is if the signal sent out to the internet is always lower than the download signal from the internet. Short answer: YES. The upload/download speeds are determined by your internet service provider.
- Answered by Kent M from Tucson
- 01 7, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is the output ethernet signal from the time capsule slower than the input)
Does the Time capsule have an active PFC?
I am looking for an uninterruptible power supply to keep my network up during power outages. One of the units will not work with Active PFC's - which the author notes is the type of power supply in newer computers.
Does anyone know what type of power supply unit the Time Capsule has (I have the 2 Tb unit - it is about 1 year old). model a1470
- Asked by Phil S from Worthington
- 01 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time capsule have an active PFC?)
Is airport time capsule UPnP capable?
- Asked by George S from Vancouver
- 03 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is airport time capsule UPnP capable?)
Yes you always need an external hard drive! iCloud/iTunes Match does NOT back up your uploaded music you've imported into iTunes (CDs...). It only backs up iTunes music that's available in the iTunes store available in your country. Be advised, your "purchased" iTunes music is NOT yours to own, but yours to manage. Back it up so you can always import it again in the future if that music has been deleted from the iTunes store. Happens too frequently. I found this out the hard way. I say have a plan, then have a back up plan.
- Answered by Graham S from Columbus
- 01 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I am backing up my MacBook pro and my iphone etc. to the Apple cloud. Do I need The Time Capsule also?)
Is there a way to check the disk drive's condition or health?
The drive is starting to make some noise where it was virtually silent for three years. I'm concerned it might fail. I've restarted the drive a couple of times to verify the disk (as instructed by Apple) and no sign of a problem. Any suggestions?
- Asked by Bruce B from Westlake Village
- 08 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to check the disk drive's condition or health?)
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- 07 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?
I've had an airport express which I loved but died an early death. One and a half years old... No noise, no warnings, no warranty, no fix. Just, gone.
Since this time capsule is way more expensive, I thought I should buy an extended warranty but... can't find one. Is there a way to peace of mind?
- Asked by Bruce S from Cedar Rapids
- 10 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?)
There is no AppleCare for a Time Capsule, however AppleCare can protect your Time Capsule if you bought it at the same time as you purchased a Mac with AppleCare.
- Answered by Jennifer J from Wilmington
- 10 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?)
Time Machine supports backup to more than one Time Capsule. So if the disk on one Time Capsule fails you still have the backup on another Time Capsule.
If you have access to two different physical locations and put one Time Capsule in each, in case of fire in one location that destroys both the Time Capsule there and a macbook being backuped, you still have the Time Capsule backup in the second location, even if that backup may not be up to date.
- Answered by H Hugo F
- 06 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Backing up My backups)
Can I use this just to store photos
- Asked by Andrew W
- 01 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this just to store photos)
yes you can!
- Answered by Marc R from Orlando
- 01 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this just to store photos)
How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?
I have a13" Mac Pro 2012 late fall model.I keep getting not enough space to complete backup.
When entering TIME CAPSULE, I am given option to choose 1 of 2 disks.
- Asked by Sheila H from Winnipeg
- 12 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?)
can I use this to backup my MacBook Pro and iPad and store my 24000 photos that are currently in iPhoto and are syncing on both my phone and computer?
No answers yet
The AirPort Extreme and AirPort in the Time Capsule make independent wifi networks in your house or office. No monthly fee for the wifi.
If you connect either of these to an ethernet cable leading to a cable modem or a DSLR modem then you'll no doubt have a monthly fee for internet access.
- Answered by Richard W from Warren
- 11 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Airport Time Capsule an independent wifi network or will I have to pay a monthly fee?)
I have a PC. Will this backup Quicken
- Asked by Sue C from Peoria
- 12 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a PC. Will this backup Quicken)
I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?
No answers yet
can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?
- Asked by Nora H from San Francisco
- 10 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
Do you mean connect all three devices to the network? If so, yes. I have my Macbook, iPhone, Apple TV, android tablet, and another Windows PC all connected to my Capsule. All my Mac devices are all able to AirPlay to each other with no issues.
- Answered by Jared B from San Diego
- 11 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
Hi, I would like to know if the new airport Time Capsule (2TB) can be used as a network/wireless repeater?
My room is a bit far from my wireless router and I don't get the best signal. I was hoping to use the time capsule as a network/wireless repeater in my room if possible.
- Asked by Rahul T from Townsville
- 06 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, I would like to know if the new airport Time Capsule (2TB) can be used as a network/wireless repeater?)
Yes, when using the admin program on a Mac, you have that option to extend a wifi network.