Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
539 Questions from the Community
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
bad, no Apple APP existing to backup mobile devices at time capsule. .... many users asking for it.
iCloud is one way, .... but costs extra.
to backup ipad/iphone use iTunes, ... and than backup your mac at time capsule.
- Answered by Burckhard L
- 05 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
Can I backup one Macbook Pro to two Time Capsules on same WiFi network?
I use Time Machine to backup my Macbook Pro onto a Time Capsule, which is also my WiFi router.
Thinking of buying a second Time Capsule, which I would use to extend my WiFi signal in the house.
If so, could I set Time Machine to backup my MacBook Pro onto both Time Capsules (so that I have a second backup disk, in case one Time Capsule fails..)?
- Asked by Dumitru Stefan R
- 07 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup one Macbook Pro to two Time Capsules on same WiFi network?)
To see if your Mac supports 11ac, go to "about this mac" in the apple menu. Click "more info". Then click "system report". Go to "wifi". In "wifi" look at "interfaces". You should see "supported PHY modes". This will tell you whether your mac supports 802.11ac
- Answered by Jim G from Mesa
- 10 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I know if my 2011 purchased iMac will support 802.11 ac wireless?)
can I use a 3TB HDD to back up my airport time capsule 3TB?
- Asked by Thomas C K from Buckhannon
- 04 9, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use a 3TB HDD to back up my airport time capsule 3TB?)
the new airport time capsule, is it as well an external hard drive?
- Asked by Angela H from Glastonbury
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (the new airport time capsule, is it as well an external hard drive?)
Yes, I will even say better. The actual hardware its self is the same thing your normal external seagate or western digital would have without the wifi of course. Hard drives companies like Seagate and WD make their versions of Network Attached Storage (NAS) but aren't as user friendly as most would like. I have owned a Apple 2TB Time Capsule for quiet some time and wouldn't ever go back to anything else. I still use regular external hard drives for odd and end things but mainly use my Time Capsule. Being able to wireless transfer data and storage option for multiple devices is the amazing thing about it.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Tyler H from Mayfield
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (the new airport time capsule, is it as well an external hard drive?)
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
I have a Canon Pixma wireless printer that can only connect to WiFi via WPS. I have a Time Capsule 2TB router. I do not see a WPS button on it. Is there a way to trigger the WPS functionality via some other means? In other words: without using a USB cable, because that is connected to my wife's desktop PC, how can I virtually press a WPS button on my Time Capsule to connect the printer to my apple network?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- 07 5, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
Open the Airport Utility app on your Mac. Click on the Time Capsule that shows connected to the Internet, in the Airport Utility window once it is open. Just click the Time Capsule icon one time. Then on the menu bar click on Base Station and under that menu you will "Add WPS Printer."
- Answered by Aaron S from Independence
- 10 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
how long is the warranty on Airport Time Capsule - 2T
I just purchased the new Airport Time Capsule and i was wondering what kind of warranty comes with it and can I buy a extended warranty?
- Asked by Joseph M from Cape Coral
- 07 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the warranty on Airport Time Capsule - 2T)
The TimeCapsule is warranted for one year, unless you have an AppleCare protection plan, purchased on a qualifying Apple product, in which case the following applies: "The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage." (copied from the AppleCare protection page, footnote 2)
- Answered by Gary P from Boynton Beach
- 07 21, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how long is the warranty on Airport Time Capsule - 2T)
No, use a separate power injector.
- Answered by Frederic L
- 10 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Time Capsule support Power over Ethernet.)
What voltage does the Airport Time Capsule power supply support? I.e. Can a time capsule bought in the US (110V) support europeans votages?Best Answer:
100-240V AC, 50-60Hz; input current: 1.5 amp
It is good worldwide you just need an adapter for the plug.
i already have the older 4th gen version of the time capsule. Can i transfer from the older version to the new version without losing any data ?
No answers yet
Why is the yellow light blinking on my time capsule?
- Asked by Linda E from Mpls
- 01 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Why is the yellow light blinking on my time capsule?)
Could be a few things. If you have an iPhone, you can download the Airport Utility app and it will tell you what the problem is.
If your wifi is still functioning correctly, more than likely you just need to update the firmware. So far I've encountered the blinking yellow light when there's an update, no internet connection, and the occasional random automatic reset. (Not sure if the automatic reset is an intentional thing or a glitch, but either way, the light blinks while it is resetting and then goes off once it is done.)
- Answered by Britni W from Mobile
- 01 25, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Why is the yellow light blinking on my time capsule?)
I am not sure about android, but yes on Windows. To first access the Network attached storage from windows, you must download the airport support software from apple. You have to use the software to then login to the base station. once you have done this, the disk will appear under network devices and you can select it for backup through windows settings.
- Answered by Holly C from Corry
- 12 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the AirPort Time Capsule to backup any devices (like PC Windows, smartphone Android) or just Apple devices?)
Extending a wifi-network with TC
I have an Airport Express and am buying an Airport Time Capsule, can I connect the Time Capsule to the modem as my main router, and then put the Express upstairs to extend the WiFi range and not have it physically connected to the modem or the Airport Time Capsule - just plugged in somewhere? Thanks
- Asked by Marla R from Essex
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
Yes, It's perfect for that. I've used two Express units, one as the base and main wireless router and turned the second into an extender. Very easy to do, I set aside an hour for the task, I was done in about five minutes. You just have to have the two devices next to each other for pairing, then unplug your extender and move it to another location within range of the base unit. Be mindful these devices communicate with each other via radio waves, if there is a brick wall or other dense barrier (multiple walls) between, you can loose signal strength. Sometimes it takes a little time to get the best position. Hope that helps.
- Answered by Matt G from Crockett
- 12 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
how does iPhone interface with airport time capsule
- Asked by Matthew B from Lemont
- 01 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how does iPhone interface with airport time capsule)
You can install an "Airport Utility" App on your iPhone and configure your network from there. If you plan to backup your iPhone to the Time Capsule - this doesn't work, unfortunately. Ok, it may work with some tweaking (let's say you could sync all your files through a computer onto the Time Capsule drive), but it won't just work out-of-the-box.
- Answered by Christoph R from Princeton
- 01 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how does iPhone interface with airport time capsule)
Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries
I have a macbook and macbook pro which are both used independently. I would like to use a time capsule to store files and iTunes and iPhoto libraries. What I am looking to achieve is to be able to stream wirelessly my files between either of the computers and access iTunes and iPhoto from either machine. The majority of hard drive space would then be freed up on both machines and for no loss of service. I would think that playlists and albums would be unaffected by this change. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks
- Asked by Alan T
- 11 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use time capsule for iTunes and iPhoto libraries)
Can multiple computers back-up to AirPort?
Can one AirPort be back-up for both me and my bf's computers? Not sure if it matters, but I have a new MacBook Air and he has a 2 year old Euro MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Eve S from Brooklyn
- 07 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can multiple computers back-up to AirPort?)
Yes, you can backup multiple Macs to one airport.
- Answered by Troy K from South Portland
- 08 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can multiple computers back-up to AirPort?)
Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule
This is a bit more detail supporting my question. Blah Blah Blah
- Asked by Tod I from San Jose
- 03 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule)
Yes. In fact the initial backup you need to do to start using Time Machine to back your Apple computer up to a TC, needs to be done via a wired connection due to the volume of data involved. As you see on the photos, it has multiple ethernet ports at the rear just like any wireless router.
- Answered by Liz M
- 04 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule)
Can the hard-drive do double-duty doing TimeMachine back-ups of my computers and also store lots of files to free up hard disk space on my laptop?
I bought the 3TB model so I could wirelessly back up my computers, but I need to know if the same hard drive can do double-duty as a TimeMachine back-up system AND networkable storage for files that can be accessed by each of my computers on the network. I want to free up space on my laptop but I don't want to lose the files. I would like to know if the hard drive in the 3TB model will be usable for all the files from two notebooks and one desktop, and still store additional files that may be accessed by each of my computers from time to time?
- Asked by Barry L from Deerfield Beach
- 01 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the hard-drive do double-duty doing TimeMachine back-ups of my computers and also store lots of files to free up hard disk space on my laptop?)
I do exactly that...
I have created a movies directory and copied all videos onto it. That directory is visible to all computers.
I also backup 2 macbooks to the same drive.
Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?
i bought the new iMac back in April 2013. do they support 802.11ac wifi?
- Asked by Thuyain A from Colchester
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?)
The new macbook air and mac pro will support 802.11AC but the early 2013 does not have the new chipset for AC
- Answered by Tyler S from Boise
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?)