Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
539 Questions from the Community
Without having more details from you, yes, you can connect to another router. You will need to setup the Time Capsule as a bridge instead of a router. This is done during normal setup.
- Answered by Jacob L from Ann Arbor
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i connect airport time capsule to my sky router)
Is it possible to use the Airport Time Capsule to boot my Mid 2007 Intel iMac? My internal hard drive on this device has failed.
No answers yet
Are Time Capsules using the latest 802.11ac2 protocol?
Do the latest (in May 2016) Time Capsules use the 802.11ac2 or wave 2 of the ac protocol? Or is it still using wave 1?
- Asked by Jim R from Los Angeles
- 05 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Time Capsules using the latest 802.11ac2 protocol?)
Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?
I currently use Seagate Backup Plus 1TB for my MacBook Air.
But since it was originally for Windows and it is not wireless, I'm considering to purchase AirPort Time Capsule to replace it.
My iTunes library, videos, and photos are all currently stored in Seagate Backup Plus.
I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer those data directly to AirPort Time Capsule.
My MacBook Air's hard drive is not large enough to transfer the data from Seagate external hard drive, so it has to be the direct transfer between Seagate and AirPort Time Capsule...
- Asked by Joji H from San Francisco
- 01 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to transfer data directly from Seagate Backup Plus to AirPort Time Capsule?)
Yes. However, you will only be able to configure it initially on either your iPhone, Mac, or Windows PC running Apples Airport Utility Apps for those respective devices. All wifi devices that use AC or N and some with the G standard should be able to see it. Although I've noticed many of my older G wifi devices can't use or see it; I suspect they're just too old. Should be fine for Android and Windows alike though.
- Answered by Joey P from West Lafayette
- 11 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have Windows 8, Mac OS X, iPhone and Android in my household, will I be able to access the network drive on all devices?)
Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?
I need to know if Time Machine used in conjunction with a time capsule can be used as a boot drive if the mac pro it is being used to backup has a drive failure?
Or do I need to have a bootable backup on an external drive (besides the Time Capsule)?
- Asked by John H from Juneau
- 01 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?)
airport time capsule 3T warranty period
- Asked by James R from Cumming
- 07 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (airport time capsule 3T warranty period)
Have an IMac and Sky router for wifi. Also use iPad and iPhone. Can I use Time Capsule as external hard drive and wifi router?Answer
Yes you can Roger K. My set up is my TC connected by Ethernet cable to my HH4 and is set up as a second wireless network. My Mac backs up onto my TC without issues and the wireless network is more reliable than the HH. I also have a Airport Express on the same network as my TC as a extender.
Does the Airport Time Capsule allow port forwarding? I currently do this with ZyXel VSG1432 from Telus.
I assume I would need to connect to the internet through my existing modem/router - with the latter set up in bridge mode perhaps?
- Asked by Tim D from Kamloops
- 09 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport Time Capsule allow port forwarding? I currently do this with ZyXel VSG1432 from Telus.)
Yes, you can do port forwarding with the Time Capsule.
If you have an existing modem/router in front of the Time Capsule then yes, it should be set to bridge mode so that it is only performing modem functions.
- Answered by Colin L from Toronto
- 11 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Airport Time Capsule allow port forwarding? I currently do this with ZyXel VSG1432 from Telus.)
Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub
I'd like to store my large collection of ripped DVD's on the time capsule. Id like to set it up so that anyone on my network can watch the movies, and also would like to be able to easily stream the movies to my tv's. I have apple tv, was wondering if this product is suitable for what I'm trying to do.
- Asked by John D from Manhasset
- 09 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub)
If you can change the media format to be compatible with iTunes, you can set up your iTunes media folder to be located on your time capsule and then you can use it as a media hub. I do with mine, as long as my mac air is open, it homeshares to my Apple TV. Really fast too!
- Answered by Sharene M from South Toowoomba
- 09 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub)
Can I use AirPort Extreme as router to connect to modem, and Time Capsule in different room for back-up and to extend wifi signal?
Here's my dilemma: My modem, AirPort Extreme, and speakers are in my living room. The speakers are plugged into AirPort Extreme so I can play my music from any device. At the other end of the house is my study where I'd like to place the Time Capsule so that I can backup my laptop and so that I can extend the wifi signal in my house. Is that possible? And even if it is, am I wasting the Time Capsule's router capabilities by using the Extreme as the router and the Time Capsule as a means to extend signal?
And why on earth is Extreme the only router capable of connecting to speakers??
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- 10 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Extreme as router to connect to modem, and Time Capsule in different room for back-up and to extend wifi signal?)
Did exactly this recently and was blown away by speed of connection, and double the signal strength. However I had an old Airport express which i connected to speakers and gave me more sound in second room while Apple TV connected to a Bose unit in lounge. Drive the lot off Remote App anywhere in the house
- Answered by David R from Allambie Heights
- 11 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use AirPort Extreme as router to connect to modem, and Time Capsule in different room for back-up and to extend wifi signal?)
I share a wireless internet signal with my upstair neighbors. Can I backup my devises to an Airport Time Capsule wirelessly if I don't have router?Answer
You will need the Time Capsule installed onto the network for it to work, so attached to your neighbors network. You could set up up in a stand alone configuration, but you would no internet access while you were backing up.
- Answered by Steven W from Sunnyvale
- 12 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I share a wireless internet signal with my upstair neighbors. Can I backup my devises to an Airport Time Capsule wirelessly if I don't have router?)
will the time capsule allow ppoe connecting
i would like to use it in place of my router to login in to my isp
- Asked by Brian S from Vernal
- 09 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will the time capsule allow ppoe connecting)
Yes, as long as the AirPort is on you can back up to it. It runs on an internal network, internet is only required when accessing outside of your home's internal network.
- Answered by Heriberto D from Fort Myers
- 10 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I still wirelessly back up my Macbook Air using the Airport Time Capsule if there is no internet access present?)
Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?
I have two internet conections, can i set both on the time capsule / airport extreme so it mixes them and distributes to the different users and machines?
- Asked by Roberto R from Estado De Mexico
- 02 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?)
Am I able to back up entire PC running Windows Professional 7 using Acronis true image 2015 to Airport Time capsule - 2TB?.
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- 06 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
It shouldn't have a problem supporting them. The only way to access and store data is through a Mac or PC running Windows 7 or later I believe. Macs use Time Machine to automatically back up all your data to the Time Capsule. I got one for Christmas for my brother and I to use and what's also nice is you can restore your Mac to any point in time since it makes separate back ups every time it backs up. What really determines the performance of your network also depends on your internet provider and loading speed. We're running a 50mb/s connection from Time Warner Cable and all our devices work just fine. We have two wireless printers, a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, two MacBooks, three Dell laptops, an AppleTV three iPhones, and three iPads. We don't use these devices all at once but when we all use it at once, our network works just fine. You could have the world's best router, but if you have a slow connection from a bad provider, it's still going to be slow. And as far as streaming to your AppleTV, you're all set. The Time Capsule and Airport Extreme base stations are high- end wireless routers.
- Answered by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- 07 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
What Generation of AirPort Time Capsule-2TB is the latest?
- Asked by Douglas H from Oakville
- 10 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (What Generation of AirPort Time Capsule-2TB is the latest?)