Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
529 Questions from the Community
How to connect usb devices?
For instance one or two external hard-drives.
- Asked by Paul O from Thornhill
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect usb devices?)
two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?
- Asked by Ker Z from Sacramento
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?)
The Airport Time Capsule has one vertically mounted 3.5 inch desktop style drive.
- Answered by Mark H from Santa Cruz
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?)
- Answered by Eric Y from Burnaby
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I.o.s. 7.2 is this compatible wit the time capsule)
Sure it does. Please check the link apple.com slash airport
- Answered by Dmitry K from Moscow
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this newest model still support guest network?)
Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?
I have a 4th-gen Time Capusle bought in 2012. I set up a guest network for visiting friends & families. But sometimes kids will watch videos on their iPad/iPhone all day long, eating up my data allowance and slowing down network speed.
Is there a way I can limit data usage and speed (say, 1GB per day at no faster than 5Mbps download) on Time Capsule's connected devices?
- Asked by Tony C from Santee
- 10 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?)
Is the Apple AirPort Time Capsule the Newest Version???
I want to purchase a Apple AirPort Time Capsule, is this the newest model ?????
- Asked by John D from Kenai
- 12 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Apple AirPort Time Capsule the Newest Version???)
The name has not been updated, but you will always purchase the newest version through the Apple Store ......... they don't sell you old versions of their hardware, UNLESS you go into the "Refurbished Store", but that should be self-explanatory.
- Answered by Christoph R from Princeton
- 01 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the Apple AirPort Time Capsule the Newest Version???)
can the airport time capsule work with Sky fibre optic broadband in the UK and will it increase the Broadband signal compared to the Standard Sky Hub?
will my old macbook air 2010 be ok to use airport time capsule 2013
AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)4; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- Asked by Leigh M
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will my old macbook air 2010 be ok to use airport time capsule 2013)
Does the time capsule work with my existing wireless network
I have a existing dual band wireless network through Bright house . Can I use the Apple time capsule or should I simply use a network compatible memory storage device.
- Asked by Lois H from Heathrow
- 07 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the time capsule work with my existing wireless network)
Yes you can use the time capsule.
You can also use a network compatible memory storag if your existing wireless device support it. But you will not get the advantage of automatic backups offered by the timecapsule.
- Answered by Shathish H from Segamat
- 07 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the time capsule work with my existing wireless network)
Can I trade in my old time capsule for a new one.
- Asked by Joseph J F from Winter Park
- 02 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I trade in my old time capsule for a new one.)
how does it work with i tunes ? is it seamless
- Asked by Andrew W from Bonbeach
- 04 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how does it work with i tunes ? is it seamless)
Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?
So, I have this old macbook and would buy this time capsule if I can use it to transfer everything from my old computer to a brand new one that I just ordered. Does this work? Will I be able to keep all my programs such as Word, Powerpoint, even my games without having to RE-BUY them?
- Asked by John B from Astoria
- 09 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
Yes, do a normal Time Machine back to the Time Capsule and use the documented procedure to restore on your new device. Using a new Time Capsule, transfer rate are awesome, took 3 hours on my wife's MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Frederic L
- 10 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.
I am using TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router. I would like to know could I use Apple AirPort Time Capsule to extend (repeater, booster) my Wi-Fi to a part of the house where the Wi-Fi signal is poor. Wile use the existing Wi-Fi network to access the internet. Hence I would like to connect the Airport Time Capsule to Asus over Wi-Fi. Or does it have to be by cable.
I am using MacBook Pro and also Windows Laptop in my home. But I will use the Airport Storage only for my mac media/photos. And use the Wi-Fi signal for both.
Please let me know the details and how to setup so I can decide should I buy the time capsule or not.
- Asked by Mohd O from Ampang
- 03 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.)
Does my time capsule (square/flat) need to be kept on the desktop, or can it be kept in a cupboard? Does it need better ventilation?
No answers yet
i backed up my moves to a hard drive can i connect that to an airport time capsule and use home sharing to watch them on my apple tv?
No answers yet
2TB will probably be plenty. 2TB is = 2048GB and your devices total 896GB(assuming the HDs are full so I personally wouldn't buy more than 2TB at the moment but it really depends on if you were going to buy another macbook pro/mac air). If it gets full you can always attach another HD to the USB port.
Hope that helps.
- Answered by Nick K from Kew
- 07 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (We have to Mac Airs 128 GB & two Mac Book pros 320GB what size of Time Capsule should I get?)