Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
577 Questions from the Community
Is AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Comcast's cable service?
- Asked by Richard E S from Mendham
- 11 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Time Capsule compatible with Comcast's cable service?)
Can the data be encrypted?
I would like to know if the data can be encrypted and the files may be accessed remotely if I am not at my office?
- Asked by Jeremiah W from Stroudsburg
- 12 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the data be encrypted?)
There if your iOS devices cant find the printer right away there is a lot of apps from cannon HP Brother and all the other that make printer that will let you print from your iOS devices but make sure your printer is supported by this or AirPrint
Yes. But you have two different series of backups. We do exactly this. Obviously, while you are not there, it can't add to that backup, but it will backup to the one you are near. Then when you are near the other, ti backups to that one. So each backup has time gaps for when you are not there, but each has a complete backup of the most recent visit there.
- Answered by Reinhardt H from Dawson Creek
- 06 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can one MacBook Air back up on two time capsules? (We live part time in two different states.))
Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto
I have a macbook pro which I travel with and an iMac at home. So i end up with lots of photographs on both. Would be great if they were synced. I have had lots of trouble with iCloud and iphoto on both devices but no such issues with ipad and iphone.
Hopefully AirPort Time Capsule is the answer to my problems.
- Asked by Mark R
- 07 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
Yes, but not manually merging the contents.
Apple Time Capsule (ATC) will back up files on a MacOSX system. I point that out because it only works with files, not making choices as to their contents. If those files include a user's "Pictures" directory (or wherever the user may have reconfigured the iPhoto folder(s)) then TimeMachine as a service will back up those iPhoto files to a TimeCapsule, but it doesn't do anything different with Photos than with Movies, Word Documents, or Garageband songs.
In your example, ATC would backup separate isolated backups of both Macs; this wouldn't give you the result of a single combined library, it would only give you the really great feeling of knowing your photos are securely preserved.
I think your best solution is a 3rd-party tool called "iPhoto Library Manager" by Fat Cat Software. This is a not-free product, and not supported by Apple of course, but I've used it very successfully to split libraries, and it offers the ability to merge content as well. This would be a manual action, but it has done a very good job of maintaining meta-data for me while it does its work.
- Answered by Allan C from White Rock
- 12 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
will this connect to smart tv?
Will I be able to stream movie files from the Time Capsule to my Samsung Smart TV?
- Asked by Nicholas W from Sydney
- 05 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect to smart tv?)
Is the Airport Time Capsule or Airport extreme DOCSIS 3.0 compatible?
DOCSIS 3.0 with 8 downstream channels or greater and 4 downstream channels or greater.
- Asked by Jerome K from New Bern
- 11 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Time Capsule or Airport extreme DOCSIS 3.0 compatible?)
can see files movies, music, pictures on apple tv
- Asked by Giovanni D from Holyoke
- 06 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can see files movies, music, pictures on apple tv)
AppleTV can only get it's sources from 2 places, iTunes or iCloud.
- Answered by Frederic L
- 10 8, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can see files movies, music, pictures on apple tv)
Does this new Time Capsule support VPN settings?
- Asked by Serg G from Los Angeles
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this new Time Capsule support VPN settings?)
Yes you can. Also you can stream directly on Mac and iPhone/iPad via apps like Infuse.
- Answered by Faisal I from New York
- 03 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what does the time capsule do? can i use this as an external hard drive to store movies on?)
Can I use an Airport Express as a remote wireless repeater station?
I want to buy an Airport Time Capsule as my wi-fi router and use an Airport Express as a remote wireless repeater of the wi-fi signal. I cannot hardwire the components as they are in remote rooms in the building.
- Asked by Clive K from Vancouver
- 04 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an Airport Express as a remote wireless repeater station?)
Is this compatible with the Arris SB6141 (SurfBoard)?
I just bought this modem, brand new, and I was told by Comcast that it isn't compatible with the AirPort Time Capsule 2TB because the time capsule is too "advanced" and / or "hi tech"....he didn't use that exact terminology but that's exactly what he was getting at.
Now, I'm not Steve Jobs or anything but I work in IT and have a masters in Information Systems. I'm just having a hard time believing this brand new, highly rated, extremely popular modem isn't compatible with such a popular Apple router.
Does anyone have a definitive answer for me? Many thanks in advance.
- Asked by Timothy M from Baltimore
- 03 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the Arris SB6141 (SurfBoard)?)
I've never heard such a thing as a modem not being compatible with a router.
I have one of the newest Surfboard modems, SB6183, and it works just fine. And I'm on ComCast as well. Those guys don't know what they're talking about.
You'll be just fine.
- Answered by Jacob L from Ann Arbor
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this compatible with the Arris SB6141 (SurfBoard)?)
Can I combine two wifi routers
If I have a large home with two wifi routers, if I make one of them be the Airport Time capsule can I link the two together as one system with just one logon for wifi. Or I guess the question is can I make the other router a extension of the Airport Time capsule
- Asked by William S from Katy
- 10 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
bad, no Apple APP existing to backup mobile devices at time capsule. .... many users asking for it.
iCloud is one way, .... but costs extra.
to backup ipad/iphone use iTunes, ... and than backup your mac at time capsule.
- Answered by Burckhard L
- 05 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)