Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
550 Questions from the Community
I need a big storage for my Mac Air and my PC HP 1T dstktop. plus my wireless router is 4+ yrs old. Can i partion this hard drive to work with both?
- Asked by Jessica B from Junction City
- 08 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a big storage for my Mac Air and my PC HP 1T dstktop. plus my wireless router is 4+ yrs old. Can i partion this hard drive to work with both?)
No, you can have the airports linked together by going to Airport Utility on your Mac and link it up. You don't need a cable. :)
- Answered by Michael L from Barrie
- 05 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does multiple airports relay wifi signal around a large house/houses or do they need to be connected via cable?)
Does the Time capsule have an active PFC?
I am looking for an uninterruptible power supply to keep my network up during power outages. One of the units will not work with Active PFC's - which the author notes is the type of power supply in newer computers.
Does anyone know what type of power supply unit the Time Capsule has (I have the 2 Tb unit - it is about 1 year old). model a1470
- Asked by Phil S from Worthington
- 01 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time capsule have an active PFC?)
Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?
I've had an airport express which I loved but died an early death. One and a half years old... No noise, no warnings, no warranty, no fix. Just, gone.
Since this time capsule is way more expensive, I thought I should buy an extended warranty but... can't find one. Is there a way to peace of mind?
- Asked by Bruce S from Cedar Rapids
- 10 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?)
There is no AppleCare for a Time Capsule, however AppleCare can protect your Time Capsule if you bought it at the same time as you purchased a Mac with AppleCare.
- Answered by Jennifer J from Wilmington
- 10 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a AppleCare protection plan for the Time Capsule?)
Can I combine two wifi routers
If I have a large home with two wifi routers, if I make one of them be the Airport Time capsule can I link the two together as one system with just one logon for wifi. Or I guess the question is can I make the other router a extension of the Airport Time capsule
- Asked by William S from Katy
- 10 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
Does Time Capsule have auto shut off?
Or does it run 24/7? If so, I would be concerned about the HD's longevitiy.
- Asked by Thomas T from Sausalito
- 08 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Time Capsule have auto shut off?)
can I use the time capsule as a NAS for Sonos, I currently have a WD NAS attached to my BT hub and ethernet from hub to sonos
Using as a Sonos library
is the drive in the time capsule sad or hdd
- Asked by Thomas B from West Easton
- 02 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is the drive in the time capsule sad or hdd)
It's a 7200RPM HDD from Seagate I believe. Not sure on it's emotional state.
SSD is a total waste of money in this context. The SSD drive would be a Ferrari. The wireless network would be LA traffic.
- Answered by Brian F from San Diego
- 03 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is the drive in the time capsule sad or hdd)
This depends on what your situation is. The Airport Express can be used as a Wi-Fi extender to improve the range of your wireless network. Yo can also hook up the Express to your stereo/speakers and use the AirPlay function.
- Answered by Robert B from Derby
- 12 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I still need my my Apple AirPort Express if I purchase a AirPort Time Capsule?)
can I use this to backup my MacBook Pro and iPad and store my 24000 photos that are currently in iPhoto and are syncing on both my phone and computer?
No answers yet
How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?
I have a13" Mac Pro 2012 late fall model.I keep getting not enough space to complete backup.
When entering TIME CAPSULE, I am given option to choose 1 of 2 disks.
- Asked by Sheila H from Winnipeg
- 12 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?)
Does the AirPort work with a Clear mobile hot spot?
- Asked by Sophie B from Philadelphia
- 06 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort work with a Clear mobile hot spot?)
Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto
I have a macbook pro which I travel with and an iMac at home. So i end up with lots of photographs on both. Would be great if they were synced. I have had lots of trouble with iCloud and iphoto on both devices but no such issues with ipad and iphone.
Hopefully AirPort Time Capsule is the answer to my problems.
- Asked by Mark R
- 07 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
Yes, but not manually merging the contents.
Apple Time Capsule (ATC) will back up files on a MacOSX system. I point that out because it only works with files, not making choices as to their contents. If those files include a user's "Pictures" directory (or wherever the user may have reconfigured the iPhoto folder(s)) then TimeMachine as a service will back up those iPhoto files to a TimeCapsule, but it doesn't do anything different with Photos than with Movies, Word Documents, or Garageband songs.
In your example, ATC would backup separate isolated backups of both Macs; this wouldn't give you the result of a single combined library, it would only give you the really great feeling of knowing your photos are securely preserved.
I think your best solution is a 3rd-party tool called "iPhoto Library Manager" by Fat Cat Software. This is a not-free product, and not supported by Apple of course, but I've used it very successfully to split libraries, and it offers the ability to merge content as well. This would be a manual action, but it has done a very good job of maintaining meta-data for me while it does its work.
- Answered by Allan C from White Rock
- 12 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB back up iPhoto)
I have a PC. Will this backup Quicken
- Asked by Sue C from Peoria
- 12 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a PC. Will this backup Quicken)
I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?
No answers yet
Will an Airport Time Capsule purchased in the US work Europe? Is there an issue with approved channels or does the Time Capsule automatically change?Best Answer:
The Time Capsule should work fine in Europe. The radio frequency has not changed from previous generation WiFi transceivers. The new 802.11ac uses "beamforming" to try to vector the wireless signal directionally toward the clients (laptops, iPads, iPhones, etc.)
Apple products have power supplies that work everywhere. You will need the appropriate plug to fit your European type electrical outlet.
- Answered by Mark H from Santa Cruz
- 06 11, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will an Airport Time Capsule purchased in the US work Europe? Is there an issue with approved channels or does the Time Capsule automatically change?)
Will this product do the following; Work as a replacement router for my EE broadband? Allow me to back up my iPad and iPhone without a Mac?
- Asked by Gregor R from Kettering
- 10 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product do the following; Work as a replacement router for my EE broadband? Allow me to back up my iPad and iPhone without a Mac?)
will time capsule work if i have a dsl network
- Asked by Robert J from Rochester
- 03 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will time capsule work if i have a dsl network)