Questions & Answers for AirPort Extreme
530 Questions from the Community
What is the operating temperature range?
- Asked by Loc L from Mount Juliet
- 10 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the operating temperature range?)
Would the air port extreme ac version work on the virgin super hub 2 via modem mode.
Virgin Media, Modem Mode
- Asked by Isaan F
- 10 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the air port extreme ac version work on the virgin super hub 2 via modem mode.)
Does the Airport Extreme and/or Time Capsule support vlan tagging for either of the two networks (wireless/guest)?
It seems the guest network only allows access out through the WAN interface? or can it be set to utilize a guest vlan allowing a separate router to determine what access wireless guest devices may have.
How about multiple ssid support?
- Asked by Daniel C from Evanston
- 06 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (vlan tagging)
As far as multiple ssid support, there is one ssid for the guest network & one ssid for the primary network.
The guest network is completely disparate from the primary network, with no vlan tagging support within the controlling software for either network.
I know it's not a happy answer, but it answers your question.
- Answered by Norman L from Richardson
- 09 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (vlan tagging)
is there a monthly subscription
- Asked by Martin B
- 06 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a monthly subscription)
No, not outside your monthly internet bill. If you have a Mac the APE takes literally 5 mins to instal.
- Answered by Shane R from Vancouver
- 06 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a monthly subscription)
Can usb speakers be connected to this device?
- Asked by Jack D from Waianae
- 06 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can usb speakers be connected to this device?)
Can this replace my current cisco router?
- Asked by Clayton M from Houston
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this replace my current cisco router?)
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, extend from there to another room i.e. my Office and then use a time capsule
I have an airport express can I connect it directly to a modem, so I can use this downstairs for wifi and then run ethernet cable form it upstairs to my Office and then connect it to a time capsule or Airport extreme.
If this is a good way to do it what would be the best modem? UK on virgin broadband NOT cable :(
OR is there a better way??????
No answers yet
does the airport extreme supports upnp? required by my camera system
or how to forward the HTTP, RTSP and the server port?
- Asked by Moises M from Las Vegas
- 12 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (does the airport extreme supports upnp? required by my camera system)
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
I need to replace my old AirPort Extreme but still use Snow Leopard on my MacBook.
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- 11 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
AE setting up a new network vs extending an existing network is new better? Looking to boost Wifi in low signal places in the house & outside.
I have a 6 mg internet connection with CenturyLink using a Zytel PK-5001Z modem. I have 100 ft ethernet cables ran from modem to ethernet switches TE100-S5 TRENDnet fast ethernet switch to iMacs, Apple Tv's & Roku box through out the house. Of course the iPad's & iPhones use wifi. Wifi strength varies of course depending where in the house you are which is very annoying. We just got Wifi calling with Sprint & if 1 iPhone is using wifi calling you can't stream or down;road anything or the wifi call just becomes impossible to continue. That makes no since because at most per Sprint documentation at most it should use 1mg only 1/6 th of my bandwidth. I totally don't understand adding the AE to an existing network means bridging & other settings I don't feel comfortable with. But if I add a new network it would be for the wifi devices like iPads & iPhones correct. the existing network SSID CenturyLink 8851 would be for all the ethernet connected stuff right? 1 SSID for ethernet thing & SSID AE for all devices Wifi right? CenturyLink has advised me that they will not help with CPE equipment & they know nothing about (is that not insane or what?) with the great community of all of us i hope not to need Apple Supports help.
Since the Modem is in the kitchen kinda of close to a Microwave user manual says 25 ft away I'm going to run a 50ft ethernet cable from back of the modem to the AE in the family room into the Wan Port right? Very excited about the AE because it will be the perfect place to connect the Hue Lights bridge. just waiting on HomeKit & WWDC. And being able to not using Wemo switches. So do I have this right? Have I figured it out correctly? Look forward to your feedback.
No answers yet
is the warranty on airport extreme country specific
Can I purchase an airport extreme from abroad as you get refurbished ones there, and will the warranty still hold good in India.
- Asked by Javid N
- 07 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is the warranty on airport extreme country specific)
2 Questions, one about power usage & other about setup
How is the power usage (what is the power usage) compared to the 2nd Gen Airport Extreme?
Can I transfer my setting/setup from a 2nd Gen Airport Extreme to this one?
- Asked by Charlie S from Englewood
- 10 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (2 Questions, one about power usage & other about setup)
How do you use the Airport Extreme but retain the ability to stream music? I have an Airport Express but want to upgrade for better speed to Extreme.
- Asked by Christopher A from Phoenix
- 04 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you use the Airport Extreme but retain the ability to stream music? I have an Airport Express but want to upgrade for better speed to Extreme.)
Will the airport extreme work with my very slow internet connection? Or I would have to pay triple price for better internet connection before I buy
No answers yet
My initial network is in my house and have a detached metal shop about 100 yards away. what is the best wireless setup to jump that distance?
No answers yet
will my exported configuration from the old apple router be able to be imported on this new one?, I don't want to reconfigure the router by hand!
No answers yet
Yes you can! Using the apple utility you can open the AirPort Extreme and just choose extent this network and the AirPort Extreme will set itself up. Just follow the prompts.
- Answered by Mariano Y from Chester Springs
- 10 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I network two Airport Extremes as if one of them was an Airport Express?)
Will it support multiple static IP Addresses?
I have a an office with 5 static ip addresses. I use an old Airport router but the Comcast technician said we were losing bandwidth because he said our router only supports 1 static ip and all of our devices are on it. He suggested replacing it with a "Rocket Wireless Router" that he says will automatically switch between the 5 static ip's allowing maximum upload and download speeds.
Will the newer Apple Routers provide similar support for multiple Static IP's?
- Asked by Timothy M from Piscataway
- 03 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it support multiple static IP Addresses?)
Are there any issues interfacing an airport extreme ((802.11n) with the bell fibe tv router ? Is the wi-fi security protocols the same.
- Asked by Michael M from St.sauveur
- 05 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any issues interfacing an airport extreme ((802.11n) with the bell fibe tv router ? Is the wi-fi security protocols the same.)
No answers yet
airport time capsule or cloud which is better are they the same
- Asked by Jenny J from Dayton
- 07 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (airport time capsule or cloud which is better are they the same)