Questions & Answers for Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - Matte Black
161 Questions + 170 Answers
161 Questions from the Community
This was my very 1st question as well because there is a plastic protector that says "Charge me up before turning me on" and the Quick Start Guide says absolutely nothing about how the LED indicators relate to percentage charged. After an hour of digging, I found this info on the beatsbydre website...
Here’s what the LEDs on the Fuel Gauge mean:
When unplugged from power source:
5 white lights signal full or near-full charge
1 solid red light signals low charge
1 flashing red light signals battery is near depletion
No lights signal headphone is powered off or battery is not charging
When connected to a power source:
5 white lights signal maximum charge
1 flashing white light signals battery is near depletion
- Answered by Chris K from Racine
- 02 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do you know when they are charged fully? Do all of the lights light up fully, or does the 5th one flash?)
how do you talk on the phone
if i'm listening to music how do i answer the phone and talk?
- Asked by Nycole D from Ann Arbor
- 08 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you talk on the phone)
Your song will pause like it does when you use your earpods. You can answer the call with either the button on the beats headphones or the answer button on the iPhone. The speaker audio can either come from either the phone or headset depending on what you pick through your phone. The mic is inbuilt on the headphone so you can speak to your caller through it. (Although you'll tend to talk louder with the headset over your ears because of the noise cancelling effects)
- Answered by Sean C from Milsons Point
- 08 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do you talk on the phone)
What is the battery life in beats studio wireless. What happens when you plug your wire into the beats. Does it automatically turn wireless mode off?
- Asked by David H from Floral Park
- 04 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the battery life in beats studio wireless. What happens when you plug your wire into the beats. Does it automatically turn wireless mode off?)
The battery life depends on how loud you listen to music. Listening at full volume will cause the battery to deplete faster compared to listening at half or 1/4 volume. Generally though, the battery life in wireless mode is about 12 hours of playback and is about 20 hours in wired mode. Plugging in the headphone cable will automatically turn Bluetooth mode off. However, these headphones still require a charge when listening in wired mode. They are noise canceling and you cannot disable that feature. There won't be anymore music, wireless or wired, once the internal battery is drained.
Can I activiate siri using the controls on the headphone?
- Asked by Daniel J from Scarborough
- 07 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I activiate siri using the controls on the headphone?)
Unfortunately, pressing and holding the play/pause button (the usual operation to activate siri) does not activate siri but unpairs the headphones from your device. As of the current and latest firmware update by Beats Electronics LLC., there are no plans to create a patch on siri integration for the Headphones.
- Answered by Eddie C from Brisbane
- 07 17, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I activiate siri using the controls on the headphone?)
Can i use a powerbank to charge the beats studio?
- Asked by Joel V from Vila Nova De Gaia
- 06 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a powerbank to charge the beats studio?)
No, It does not support NFC
- Answered by Alireza Mehrdad M from Alexandria
- 10 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it support NFC which allows pairing with a Bluetooth device by just tapping on the headphones?)
2.0 is newer and its from apple. the other one is by monster. much better quality and design on 2.0
- Answered by Eeman P from Los Angeles
- 08 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between studio wireless and studio 2.0 wireless?)
Yes. Actually, if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone from 2012 and beyond, you will be able to use the built-in aptX technology that the phone and Studios have. Most Blackberry, other Android Smartphones, and Windows Phones will all connect to these using standard Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and A2DP. The Motorola Droid RAZR, Samsung Galaxy S phones (2012+), Sony Experia Z Ultra, Blackberry 10 series, and HTC One series all feature aptX compatibility.
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- 02 15, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can it be used wireless in other phone ? like blackberry, samsung and etc ????)
Are the wireless studio headphone sweat resisted?
- Asked by Michael M from Madison
- 08 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the wireless studio headphone sweat resisted?)
I wouldn't say they're 'sweat resisted' as everyone sweats different amounts. However, I sweat a lot and have had them on when I've been sweating (not from a workout but from being in a hot apartment, moving furniture) and they held up just fine. I sweat too much to consider wearing them to the gym or out for a run.
After sweating, I wipe them down and have not noticed any differences in sound quality.
- Answered by Matthew D from Mountain View
- 09 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are the wireless studio headphone sweat resisted?)
Would it be alright to wear these while working out? Do they overheat your ears during a workout and should I be concerned over sweat ruining them?
Obviously these are expensive headphones that are more so meant for straight up lounging around listening to music. The fact that they're bluetooth makes me want to also use them during a workout; however, I don't want to work up a mild sweat from lifting and find out these $400 headphones can't handle a small amount of moisture. I would imagine they can't handle a torrential downpour of sweat as when doing cardio or something, but I want to make sure a little sweat isn't a big deal. Also, would the solo2 wireless be a better option for working out?Answer
Worked out with them for 30 days. I returned them, did not feel confident that they would hold up long term with all the sweating and for the price I was not willing to find out. They did ok for two hour workouts, bit because they cover the ear they held a bit of sweat bur that was easy to wipe away. The band shifts a bit if you have a smaller head like mine, so lying back for certain exercises the band would fall backwards. I returned them and am currently given the powerbeats wireless a try.
When will Apple Care be available for Beats Headphones? no one else offers insurance anymore for it and 1yr is not enough. PLEASE ANSWER!
BEATS and applecare
- Asked by Angelica D from Fort Pierce
- 02 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (When will Apple Care be available for Beats Headphones? no one else offers insurance anymore for it and 1yr is not enough. PLEASE ANSWER!)
The straight one plugs into your headphones. The L one plugs into your device.
- Answered by Eric S from Mentor
- 10 1, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Whats is the Grey lead with 'L' shaped audio plug lead at one end amd a straight audio lead at the other?)
How many devices can be simultaneously paired to beats 3?
- Asked by Debbie C from Valley Center
- 09 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How many devices can be simultaneously paired to beats 3?)
Absolutely. I have mine connected to my iMac right now.
You click and hold the "b" button on the left ear (to put in into Bluetooth discovery mode) then go to the Bluetooth tab in your Mac's System Preferences, then select "BeatsStudio Wireless" and click "pair". You only have to do this once, after pairing it will be available though the Bluetooth menu bar item, same as your keyboard.
- Answered by Roberto F from Winnipeg
- 01 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will it work on a mac)
Can I use them as gaming headphones?
I am a gamer and I was thinking on buying a headphones for my online games, but due to they have a mic incorporated, I was thinking if I could use them with my PC to play online.
- Asked by Gustavo M from Madrid
- 07 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use them as gaming headphones?)
I don't see why not as long as your computer has Bluetooth or a headphone input. I have a pair and the mic works perfectly with my computer.
- Answered by Ricky K from Alden
- 11 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use them as gaming headphones?)
Does the UK version of the Beats By Dre Studio Wireless Headset not have a cleaning cloth included as most unboxing reviews show that one is included?
Does the Beats By Dre Studio 2.0 Wireless Headset have a cleaning cloth included as the 'what's in the box' section on apple store does not list one?Best Answer:
Didn't get one with mine
Do these headphone play back music while in Noise cancelling mode?
I tried starting them with the power and "b" button at teh smae time and they do not connect over blue tooth - pressing b again does create a slight background hiss but no connection.
My understanding that Adaptive noise cancelling meant you got noise cancelling while playing back music.
- Asked by David W from Alexandria
- 03 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphone play back music while in Noise cancelling mode?)
Yes, you can listen to music while using the noise canceling feature. Actually, you cannot turn off the noise canceling. In other words, if the headphones are on, so is the noise canceling. When you pressed the "b" while turning on the headphones, I believe you turned on the no music mode (for lack of better words). This feature was designed so that if you do not want to listen to the music but still want the noise cancellation (on a plane for instance), then this will increase the amount of noise cancellation. When you are listening to music, it will help in drowning out noise but without it, the noise cancellation must be higher. While this feature is on, you cannot listen to music. However, if you would like to listen to music as well, all you have to do is press the power button (without holding down the "b"). This will turn on pairing mode as well as the noise cancellation. Again, you cannot use these headphones without the noise cancellation so whether you listen to music or not, you are still using the noise cancellation if the headphones are on. I hope this helps!
- Answered by Michael B from Waynesburg
- 10 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these headphone play back music while in Noise cancelling mode?)
If i buy a wireless beats studio in the US can i charge it without damaging it in europe with 220v usb port ? Because in the US the usb ports are 110v
Beats from US to EUROPE charging from 110v to 220 vBest Answer:
USB charging is a universal standard (.5-5V, depending on system), the electrical outlet you plug into is the different. Any USB charging adaptor will "Step Down" the power from the wall outlet. You should be able to use any USB charger compatible with the local power system, a lower voltage just means it will take longer, the full 5V will take the shortest time to charge. If you have any doubts, just use a computer USB port to charge the headphones. I routinely use my US charger with just a plug adapter in Argentina without issue (Argentina uses both European plugs, and power). I've also used my Niece's Argentine USB adapter to charge my devices.