Questions & Answers for USB-C to USB Adapter
164 Questions from the Community
I've tested and it does in fact work perfectly. Make sure the controller is connected before starting remote play.
- Answered by Kyle H from Arlington Heights
- 04 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work to connect a Dual Shock 4 controller for use with PS4 remote play functionality?)
Do I need this to work with super drive?
No luck working with my Mac with Retna. Just came across something saying a USB-C is required. Is this true. I am having problems. It recognizes a DVD fine but doesn't play.
- Asked by Joseph M from Chicago
- 05 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need this to work with super drive?)
Yes, this will provide the usb port needed,
- Answered by Cecil H from Lanett
- 12 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I need this to work with super drive?)
Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?
Macbook air pro
- Asked by Ian C from Bideford
- 01 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?)
Would this cable work with the new Apple MacBook to connect Apple’s SuperDrive to connect the USB since the 12” MacBook does not have a built-in USB?
I want to purchase a MacBook, but I have the CD/DVD super drive to transfer my CD’s into iTunes and watch movies on the laptop. Is this the cord I want for that to work or is there another or is that just not possible with the new 12” MacBook?
Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?
I have the newest macbook pro and am currently studying via distance. The tutor has instructed the following:
"To join in you need a headset which has a USB connection to your computer. If you have a camera with a built-in microphone, or a built-in microphone in your laptop they will work, too, but the quality may not be so good. The thing that won't work is a microphone with a jack that goes into the sound system of your computer, as that will send feedback sound into the system. Adobe Connect is not very compatible with Chrome and Skype can interfere with it, so turn those off. Note that a microphone is not compulsory; text chat is also available. "
Can you please advise which headset would enable me to be able to join in conversations for lectures?
- Asked by Bridget L
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?)
Will this adapter allow me to charge my 2017 15in. MacBook Pro if its connected to a 12v car charger with usb a outlets?
- Asked by Michael G from San Mateo
- 03 4, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to charge my 2017 15in. MacBook Pro if its connected to a 12v car charger with usb a outlets?)
Will it work with Macbook Pro 15 " running OS High Sierra 10.13.3
I Had to download the driver from Manhattan Products as it came supplied wit a Mini CD
This worked on OS Sierra but not on OS High Sierra Upgrade 10.13.3
- Asked by William G from South Porcupine
- 02 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with Macbook Pro 15 " running OS High Sierra 10.13.3)
It is a USB 3.0 port, which means it will be compatible with both USB 2.0 and all USB standards later than 3.0, like USB 3.1 and the new USB 3.2 (and I assume eventually 3.3, when it is released), just at USB 3.0 5 Gbps speeds.
- Answered by Jake R from Redding
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (On the adapter by Apple: Type usb C to Usb is the latter compatible to usb 2 and or usb3 or usb 3.3?)
Will it work with apple pencil
- Asked by Labradford K from Tupelo
- 04 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with apple pencil)
Yes, it does. It supports both USB 3.0 power delivery and USB 3.0 5 Gbps speeds. Your external hard drive should work just fine.
- Answered by Jake R from Redding
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this support USB 3.0 such as a USB 3.0 External Hard Drive at full USB 3.0 speeds?)
can i transfer my photos to my ipad with USB-c to USB adaptor?
- Asked by Mark V from Newport Beach
- 06 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can i transfer my photos to my ipad with USB-c to USB adaptor?)
Yes, it will work.
- Answered by Daniel D from Malvern
- 02 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this allow you to plug in an Apple USB SuperDrive into the MacBook to play movies or read/write DVD/CDs?)
Will this transfer my pictures from dell computer to iPad
- Asked by Sandra C from Perryville
- 12 12, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this transfer my pictures from dell computer to iPad)
You cannot daisy chain two, however you can use a usb a 3.0 hub in the usb 3.0 port for more data.
I have this adapter with a monitor in the hdmi port
Power through the usb c port
I have a aukey usb 3.0 hub, plugged into that, with a gigabit Ethernet adapter in it, also with an sd card reader, then I have a powered 10 port amazon basics usb 2.0 hub which I use for my fun usb accessories, it all works well
From the Tech Specs I see that it provides a USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector, so should support both USB2 and USB3 devices.
- Answered by Mark R
- 03 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this adapter provide a USB3 connection capability, or just USB2 at this time?)
1st generation apple tv hard drive usb transfer cable
i am trying to recover data from my 7 1st generation Apple TV's....there is a way to remove the hard drive and connect a usb transfer cable to the hard drive and your computer and transfer files. I cannot find the cable.
The hard drive is a Samsung HM160HC.
- Asked by Robert M from Jacksonville
- 09 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (1st generation apple tv hard drive usb transfer cable)
USB Superdrive doesn't fit into the USB-C to USB adapter
My usb Superdrive won't fit into the port of the USB-C to USB adapter. Is there any other dongle I can get to use with the superdrive?
- Asked by Rinaldo G from Mississauga
- 07 30, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (USB Superdrive doesn't fit into the USB-C to USB adapter)
Can this be used to connect to an Apple Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Daniel A from Portland
- 10 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect to an Apple Thunderbolt display?)