Questions & Answers for USB-C to USB Adapter
146 Questions from the Community
Do I need this to work with super drive?
No luck working with my Mac with Retna. Just came across something saying a USB-C is required. Is this true. I am having problems. It recognizes a DVD fine but doesn't play.
- Asked by Joseph M from Chicago
- 05 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need this to work with super drive?)
Yes, this will provide the usb port needed,
- Answered by Cecil H from Lanett
- 12 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I need this to work with super drive?)
Would this cable work with the new Apple MacBook to connect Apple’s SuperDrive to connect the USB since the 12” MacBook does not have a built-in USB?
I want to purchase a MacBook, but I have the CD/DVD super drive to transfer my CD’s into iTunes and watch movies on the laptop. Is this the cord I want for that to work or is there another or is that just not possible with the new 12” MacBook?
Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?
Macbook air pro
- Asked by Ian C from Bideford
- 01 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a thunderbolt connector to usb...?)
Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?
I have the newest macbook pro and am currently studying via distance. The tutor has instructed the following:
"To join in you need a headset which has a USB connection to your computer. If you have a camera with a built-in microphone, or a built-in microphone in your laptop they will work, too, but the quality may not be so good. The thing that won't work is a microphone with a jack that goes into the sound system of your computer, as that will send feedback sound into the system. Adobe Connect is not very compatible with Chrome and Skype can interfere with it, so turn those off. Note that a microphone is not compulsory; text chat is also available. "
Can you please advise which headset would enable me to be able to join in conversations for lectures?
- Asked by Bridget L
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?)
Will it work with Macbook Pro 15 " running OS High Sierra 10.13.3
I Had to download the driver from Manhattan Products as it came supplied wit a Mini CD
This worked on OS Sierra but not on OS High Sierra Upgrade 10.13.3
- Asked by William G from South Porcupine
- 02 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with Macbook Pro 15 " running OS High Sierra 10.13.3)
It is a USB 3.0 port, which means it will be compatible with both USB 2.0 and all USB standards later than 3.0, like USB 3.1 and the new USB 3.2 (and I assume eventually 3.3, when it is released), just at USB 3.0 5 Gbps speeds.
- Answered by Jake R from Redding
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (On the adapter by Apple: Type usb C to Usb is the latter compatible to usb 2 and or usb3 or usb 3.3?)
Yes, it does. It supports both USB 3.0 power delivery and USB 3.0 5 Gbps speeds. Your external hard drive should work just fine.
- Answered by Jake R from Redding
- 02 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this support USB 3.0 such as a USB 3.0 External Hard Drive at full USB 3.0 speeds?)
Will it work with apple pencil
- Asked by Labradford K from Tupelo
- 04 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with apple pencil)
Will this transfer my pictures from dell computer to iPad
- Asked by Sandra C from Perryville
- 12 12, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this transfer my pictures from dell computer to iPad)
Yes, it will work.
- Answered by Daniel D from Malvern
- 02 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this allow you to plug in an Apple USB SuperDrive into the MacBook to play movies or read/write DVD/CDs?)
can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter
New Mac Book Air USB-c port
- Asked by Erick K from Long Beach
- 04 17, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter)
does this work with ipad pro
- Asked by Todd G from Morton
- 01 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with ipad pro)
Can it support a USB splitter?
Given that this is the only way to connect to the new macbook, can you connect a splitter to this adapter? For example, my iTunes library is on an external USB drive. if i wanted to sync my iPhone, without using wifi sync, can i connect the USB drive AND the iPhone to this adapter via a splitter? for me this is a key answer for whether I can buy the new macbook or not
- Asked by Richard H
- 03 29, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it support a USB splitter?)
From the Tech Specs I see that it provides a USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector, so should support both USB2 and USB3 devices.
- Answered by Mark R
- 03 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this adapter provide a USB3 connection capability, or just USB2 at this time?)
USB-C USB adapter work for charging my iPad Pro?
Instead of buying the USB-C to Lightning cable; can I buy this one instead to use to charge my iPad Pro 12" with the 29 Watt USB-C wall charger?
- Asked by Michael G from Galesburg
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (USB-C USB adapter work for charging my iPad Pro?)
Can this be used to connect to an Apple Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Daniel A from Portland
- 10 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect to an Apple Thunderbolt display?)
Can i use this to connect my ipad pro to external hardrive like a memory stick?
I would like to save microsoft word documents from the computer and edit them on my ipad pro. Also i would like to use a memory stick as an external hard drive to save photos onto
- Asked by Thomas F
- 01 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this to connect my ipad pro to external hardrive like a memory stick?)
Can this be used on an iPad
I have an iPad mini, and need to connect it to a disc drive, camera and other usb devices, will this cable enable me to do this?
- Asked by Maria G
- 07 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on an iPad)
No. This adaptor is for a macbook only. The macbook has only one port that is used for charging. This port is a usb c port. This adapter lets you have a usb on the macbook.
- Answered by Chris B from Rockville Centre
- 07 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this be used on an iPad)