Questions & Answers for 29W USB‑C Power Adapter
152 Questions from the Community
Yes you can. I've the Macbook 12 and 13 Pro and just charged the 13 Pro from 60% to 100% using the 29W USB-C charger.
- Answered by Keith W
- 11 9, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use the 29 w usb c power adapter to charge 2017 macbook pro 13 ?)
Yes it comes with a standard UK 3-pin plug adapter. You can take this off as per all other apple brick power adapters and slot on EU/US/other adapters if you have them
- Answered by Simon C
- 10 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (UK/IE Wall Connection)
Can I use one of these and route the USB-C/Lightning cable through an Apple iPhone dock and still use Fast Charging, or do I need to skip the dock?Answer
I just tried this. Using an Apple USB-C/lightning cable with an Apple iPhone lightning dock, it did not work. Removed the dock and just used the cable, and I get fast-charging. With the dock, the iPhone didn't even recognize it was connected. Too bad...we now have to buy a new dock as well!!!
It's perfectly safe to charge your 10.5" iPad Pro with the 29w USB c adapter. It will charge it significantly faster than the included 12w adapter. On my 12.9" iPad Pro 2017 it took the initial charge time of about 5 hours and almost halved it. It takes me about 2 hours and 45 minutes to charge the iPad Pro fully. It should be slightly faster on your 10.5" iPad. The charger uses USB C PD (Power Delivery) to charge your iPad at a faster rate. This is the same technology found in Google's Nexus and Pixel devices, the current MacBooks and most higher end windows laptops with USB type C.
- Answered by Marc P from Bartlett
- 08 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it ok to charge iPad Pro 10.5 with 29 w adapter and USB-c? If so, how long to reach 100%?)
You need a USB-C to Lightning cable which Apple sells in 1m and 2m lengths. Normal USB cables from the 12w adapter for iPads or cables from an iPhone will not fit this adapter.
- Answered by Robert L from Bedford
- 08 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use cable from 12w adapter on 29w adapter or I need special cable for 29w adapter ?)
Guarantee for charger 29W usb-c power adapters
I wanted to know what the guarantee for the 29w usb-c power adapter is?
- Asked by Linda M from Jackson
- 10 17, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Guarantee for charger 29W usb-c power adapters)
Will the fast charge work overseas? Specifically in western Japan?
- Asked by Alexandra R from Norfolk
- 10 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the fast charge work overseas? Specifically in western Japan?)
can i use the 29 watt charger with usb c to charge my iPhone 6. Is it safe to do so and how long roughly to change my iphone 6
No answers yet
Questions about iPad pro quick charging.
I purchased iPad Pro yesterday (2015.11.12)and intend to shorten the charging time as fast as possible. I find Apple 29W USB - C Power Adapter and think if I buy another USB-C to Lightning Cable, will this way shorten my charging time on iPad Pro?
At least, 1) Could anyone let me know the max output Voltage and Current of Apple 29W USB - C Power Adapter?
2) What's the max output Voltage and Current supported by iPad Pro?
I also advise Apple to develop a specific quick charging plan for iPad Pro， which definitely will make it more competitive.
- Asked by 华明 钱 from 上海
- 11 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions about iPad pro quick charging.)
Yes, the 12" has a built‐in 41‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery. So it supports fast charging and would work with the 29W usb-c power adapter.
- Answered by Jean-philippe C from Lachine
- 06 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Questions about iPad pro quick charging.)
Can i charge iPad Air 2 with 29w charger
- Asked by Fred P from Los Angeles
- 09 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i charge iPad Air 2 with 29w charger)
Can I charge the MacBook Pro 13" 2016 with it?
Can I charge the MacBook Pro 13" 2016 with it?
- Asked by Fredy S from Montreal
- 11 21, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge the MacBook Pro 13" 2016 with it?)
I use it with a 13" touch bar macbook pro and haven't had any issues with it so far. I am aware that charging would be slower, but I wanted the smallest possible charger and this thing is not much larger than the ones that come with the larger ipads. I also use it for charging through the multi adapter when connected to an external display in clamshell mode (I haven't tried it with both the external display and internal at the same time though). I haven't noticed any issues with cpu or graphics performance either.
If you want something more portable like me, than I'd say go for it and try it. You can always return it if it doesn't work out for your needs.
- Answered by Bryan H from Walnut Creek
- 02 7, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I charge the MacBook Pro 13" 2016 with it?)
Can I use this 29W adapter with an iPhone?
- Asked by Arturo M from Toronto
- 03 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this 29W adapter with an iPhone?)
Yes, it should work and would charge faster than the standard charger included. There have been reviews of faulty hardware about it, but usually the product will work and it will last.
- Answered by Daniel H from Pensacola
- 04 26, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this be reccomend to use with the iPhone 7 Plus? And would it charge faster than the standard charger included?)
Can you use a 29w Power adapter to charge an iPhone 6 plus? Or is it just not recommended? I imagine it will be super fast charging
- Asked by Jorge V from Houston
- 03 24, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a 29w Power adapter to charge an iPhone 6 plus? Or is it just not recommended? I imagine it will be super fast charging)
Sure you can, but it's no faster. Currently, only the 12.9-inch iPad Pro support faster charging.
Can this 29w adapter be used with the iPhone or iPad or will it damage them?
- Asked by Eddie S from Los Angeles
- 05 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this 29w adapter be used with the iPhone or iPad or will it damage them?)
No It won't damage your device although pushing too much Watt or amp through your device exceeding the limit won't make it charge any faster.
IPHONE AND IPAD AND IT'S LIMIT
iPhone 3g-5 --> 1A
iPhone 5s or above --> 2.1 A
All generation of iPad --> 2.1 or 2 A
- Answered by Siwat S from G
- 04 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this 29w adapter be used with the iPhone or iPad or will it damage them?)
Is it safe to utilize fast charge on an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus everyday?
- Asked by Jamail B from Houston
- 09 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to utilize fast charge on an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus everyday?)
I use the Apple 12w adapter to rapid charge my iPhone 6+. Could I apply this same logic to the 29w adapter to charge my phone even more quickly?Answer
No - 6+ doesn't support USB Power Delivery. iPhones 8 and above do appear to be supporting PD though.
Note the more watts your phone draws, the hotter the battery will get - and that is bad for batter longevity (i.e. it's wear level over time will increase more rapidly - and it's capacity will decrease).