Questions & Answers for Apple Pencil
385 Questions from the Community
Is this pencil water proof?
- Asked by Yi W from Jersey City
- 04 28, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this pencil water proof?)
Is there a place on the Ipad to store the pencil?
- Asked by Melissa L from Cincinnati
- 04 5, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a place on the Ipad to store the pencil?)
- Answered by Robert T from Tewkesbury
- 06 26, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a place on the Ipad to store the pencil?)
no. the Apple Pencil only works with all iPad Pros or the new 2018 iPad since there is a special subsystem of the display to register the stylus input.
- Answered by Aaron R from Gulf Breeze
- 04 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Apple pencil work with the new iPod touch?)
Transferring data (e.g., contacts, calendars, photos, other data) between your existing iPad and the new one can easily be accomplished by the iPads' owner/user using backups either stored in iTunes or on iCloud.
Apple provides step-by-step instructions its Support web pages. Third-party web site also provide similar instructions, and can be easily located with a simple web search.
If you prefer to have Apple Store staff perform this function for you, It would be best to contact a local store directly. They would be able to provide general information on the process, what to bring to the Store, and what to to prior to your appointment. An estimate of the time required as well as any applicable fees would be given. An appointment would most likely be necessary.
In general, the more data to transfer and the larger the in-use memory of the source iPad, the longer it would take. Should issues occur, additional time would be required. You can estimate the basic transfer process duration by timing how long it takes to back up your iPad or perform a restore.
- Answered by Steve M from Litchfield
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the staff at the Apple Store transfer all data from my current iPad to a new iPad pro? How long a process?)
How to charge apple pencil
- Asked by Vijay M from Mumbai
- 10 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How to charge apple pencil)
by removing the little cap on the top of the pencil and plugging it on the iPad lightning port or any lightning plug.
just be gentile with it as the pencil will pop-out from the plug and literally stand by itself.
consider it's very fast as 15 seconds of charge like this will give you 30 min of usage.
of i you find this way a little clumsy you can take the small adapter that came with the apple pencil and stick it to the pencil in order to be able to charge it with a iPad/iPhone charger.
- Answered by Giuseppe P
- 10 23, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How to charge apple pencil)
It’s only intend d for the iPad Pro exclusively
- Answered by Gemes B from Decatur
- 03 25, 18
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I bought an Apple Pencil and it didn't work with my iPad 9.7, what's the problem?)
Yes, I have it and works perfectly.
- Answered by Antonio M from Tijuana
- 07 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Pencil work ok with the glass screen protector I have on my IPAD PRO?)
can i use the pencil like a mouse?
- Asked by John A
- 01 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the pencil like a mouse?)
It turns out, yes, it can. Or at any rate, it's a more precise fingertip. Windows that scroll can be dragged with the pencil. Buttons can be clicked by tapping on them. It's like the difference between the elegance of delicately using chopsticks to eat salad, vs eating salad with your fingers. Me, I prefer to use sticks. Same applies to the pencil, it allows a more precise and delicate use of the iPad.
- Answered by David S
- 03 9, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use the pencil like a mouse?)
Will the Apple Pencil work on an IPad Air 2 ?
- Asked by Larry Z from Lamont
- 03 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple Pencil work on an IPad Air 2 ?)
I just tried to pair the apple pencil (Model#1604) to my IPad Air and to no avail...no can do! It is specifically for the IPad Pro only :-(
- Answered by Faye M from Dededo
- 12 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Apple Pencil work on an IPad Air 2 ?)
Can I use the pencil on photo apps, such as dodging and burning. Or just draw on a photo in general in different colors picked from color palettessAnswer
Yes. And most apps are further customizable with the Apple Pencil. For instance, you can set for your fingers to erase or smudge on a drawing app. And virtually all have no palm rejection issue, as your palm and fingers mostly don’t draw unless you set them to. So you can rest your hand comforstabkg on the iPad’s surface, and draw or write with the pencil. I also use the pencil with photo and video editing apps, as well as a few adobe apps. I even browse the web with it. The pressure sensitivity is also adjustable in most apps and perfectly smooth and responsive. The only gestures you’ll need to perform with your fingers are the ones where you swipe from the border, such as to call the control center or slide down your notifications.
I use dodge and burn on the Darkr app, and also retouch photos with a variety of apps, all with the Apple Pencil..
Where can I store the apple pencil at the smart keyboard
- Asked by Carlos M from Ponce
- 01 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I store the apple pencil at the smart keyboard)
On the new smart keyboard (for the iPad Pro 10.5" at least), the Apple Pencil will magnetically attach to the closing edge of the keyboard/case when it's closed. When open and using the keyboard, you can put the pencil either at the top of the keyboard (where it meets the screen) or in the triangle behind the screen (where it will be magnetically held in place so it won't fall out if you tilt your iPad).
- Answered by Grant G from Wildwood
- 07 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Where can I store the apple pencil at the smart keyboard)
I lost the cap to the Apple Pencil and apparently cannot get a replacement from Apple without spending about $26 (including shipping.) Alternatives?
Can you have two Apple Pencils for one IPad Pro?
- Asked by Todd A from Lexington
- 04 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you have two Apple Pencils for one IPad Pro?)
It doesn't appear so. I bought a second Pencil for my iPad Pro. As soon as I paired pencil #2, pencil #1 stopped responding. Pairing Pencil #1 again caused #2 to stop responding.
- Answered by Ron H from Herndon
- 05 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you have two Apple Pencils for one IPad Pro?)
Can the pen be used with the iphone?
- Asked by Melbourne A from Grand Forks
- 12 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the pen be used with the iphone?)
is there an app needed to use the apple pencil on pdf docs
- Asked by Vikki I from Prineville
- 03 14, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (is there an app needed to use the apple pencil on pdf docs)
Is the apple pencil for iPad pro compatible with the screen protector?
- Asked by Dione W from Florissant
- 01 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the apple pencil for iPad pro compatible with the screen protector?)
Yes, My ipad pro is currently being protected by a zagg screen protector and the pencil works flawlessly.
- Answered by Elex N from Houston
- 01 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the apple pencil for iPad pro compatible with the screen protector?)