Questions & Answers for AirPods
700 Questions from the Community
What Color are the AirPods? They only white or more Color?
- Asked by Andrew B from Lester
- 09 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What Color are the AirPods? They only white or more Color?)
Can I insure the airpods in case one is lost or broken?
- Asked by Austin P from La Quinta
- 09 23, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I insure the airpods in case one is lost or broken?)
Yes, you'll be able to make and receive phone calls with the AirPods.
- Answered by R A M from Hayward
- 12 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it possible to use them for normal phone calls or is it just for music?)
They work with most current iPhones and iPads. What about MacBook line. Can I connect it to my md102LL/A?
- Asked by Aaron H from Hamilton
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (They work with most current iPhones and iPads. What about MacBook line. Can I connect it to my md102LL/A?)
Can the new AirPods be used on an airplane if the iPad or iPhone is on an "airplane mode" with no wifi or Bluetooth on?
- Asked by Nicos K from Hopkinton
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPods be used on an airplane if the iPad or iPhone is on an "airplane mode" with no wifi or Bluetooth on?)
AirPods have a custom wireless chip designed by Apple, called the W1 chip. This custom chip should make the AirPods a lot more reliable than traditional bluetooth headphones.
- Answered by Joshua S from Kennesaw
- 09 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (AirPods - how do you deal with the age old problem associated with wireless audio equipment - that of drop outs?)
Do they come with the inner-ear wing things (haha)? Like the Beats Tour Earbuds do..
The traditional earbuds always fall out of my ears so I don't use them.. but these new ear pods are sweet.. just worried I will have the same issues with them falling out.
- Asked by Jonathan M from Naperville
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they come with the inner-ear wing things (haha)? Like the Beats Tour Earbuds do..)
Can you mix and match individual airpods?
If I lose an individual airpod, will I be able to buy a single one and pair it with the second airpod, or will I have to buy a whole second pair?
- Asked by Tyler T from Andover
- 09 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you mix and match individual airpods?)
How do you change the volume, skip forward and back, and pause?
- Asked by Brian W from Allegany
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you change the volume, skip forward and back, and pause?)
would it stay inside the ear when u run or moving a lot?
For a explain moving the head a lot
- Asked by Gregory D from Hephzibah
- 01 11, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (would it stay inside the ear when u run or moving a lot?)
I think I might have at last found the perfect ear phones! I got my Apple air pods yesterday and had some anxiety about whether they would do the job after spending £160 on them. To start gently I popped down the gym and had a go on the treadmill, spinning bike, rowing machine and a good selection of various weight machines etc. No problem they never budged and I went away very happy wondering if they would pass the test on an outdoor run.
So out I went this morning and did a 15 miler; again not a problem they didn't move once. The weather was quite wet and some rain would have got into my ears but they didn't budge. I had read a few reviews one of which mentioned that it sometimes feels as if they are coming out but don't so I bore this in mind when occasionally (and only in one ear) it felt as if they were shifting. I didn't touch them when I noticed this and it quickly passed without any problem.
I was running for 1 hour 56 mins on max volume and it used 54% of the battery power. When I got in I put them in the case for 12 mins and they had recharged fully. This is another massive bonus for me in that the storage case holds 24 hours of charge and very quickly recharges the air pods. Another bonus is the fact that by holding the pods to your phone the amount of battery life left both in the storage case and in the air pods is displayed. The case is tiny and small enough that if you are planning on an activity over 4 hours it is easy enough to take the case along.
I'm not overly fussy on sound quality etc and certainly no expert on bass and all that but the quality is better than most other ear phones I have used (and that's a lot). Because they don't seal into your ear you can hear the background but not significantly so and only if its quite loud. I also took a call when out and the clarity from both ends was excellent.
- Answered by Phil D
- 02 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (would it stay inside the ear when u run or moving a lot?)
I see that these are Bluetooth but I was under the impression these use there own new protocol. Is it able to connect with 2 different protocols?
Can I talk on the phone using AirPods?
- Asked by Michael M from Dallas
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I talk on the phone using AirPods?)
I have done it with great success. When I hear the phone ring I just double tap either air pod and it auto answers. Like tapping for Siri.
- Answered by Francis S from West Milford
- 01 19, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I talk on the phone using AirPods?)