Questions & Answers for AirPods
935 Questions from the Community
Is there a way to protect my AirPod ? I already drop them twice and it scratch already :(
I did not have my I AirPod that long I had them since last Christmas last year and this year I have drop them twice on the floor and I have scratches on them on both my AirPod left and right but left is more damaged then right so there a way to protect them so I won't drop them when I have them in my ear ?
- Asked by Judy H from San Francisco
- 01 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to protect my AirPod ? I already drop them twice and it scratch already :()
Buy an attachment that no longer makes them fully wireless. I think Spigen sells a version - have a look online
Or...... don't drop them
1. What Bluetooth standards are compatible with the Airpods? 2. Is DRM employed? 3. What audio fidelity do the Airpods deliver?
1. Can I stream audio over Bluetooth using A2DP?
2. Do the Airpads use or require SCMS-T digital rights management or an Apple proprietary DRM schema? Can I stream music from players other than iTunes?
3. What is the maximum bit depth and sample rate the DACs will support?
No answers yet
Can the AirPods be used independently to listen to music or talk on the phone, or do both AirPods need to be used at the same time?
- Asked by Cheala M from The Colony
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AirPods be used independently to listen to music or talk on the phone, or do both AirPods need to be used at the same time?)
No answers yet
These will work with the Apple Watch. Swipe up from the bottom and select AirPods from the Airplay setting on your watch.
- Answered by Tim Y from Fort Worth
- 03 30, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will Airpods work with my Apple Watch whilst out jogging?)
Will you offer special disability sets?
I'm completely deaf in one ear. I'd love to have the option of buying 1 ear bud at a reduced price or buying a pair of 2 right ear buds at the same price. Purchasing a "normal" pair would leave me with one completely useless piece of equipment.
- Asked by Chris R from Watkinsville
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will you offer special disability sets?)
Can these AirPods replace my bluetooth headset, and if so, will their battery life be 5 hours of talk-time... what about stand-by time?Answer
Talk time is rated at two hours. You can, however, use one for two hours then switch to the other one, putting the first one back in the case to recharge. Rinse and repeat as needed.
Total talk time in that scenario would then be on the order of 10 hours.
Is it possible to download A copy of a manual for air pods
- Asked by Jeanette B from St Paul
- 04 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to download A copy of a manual for air pods)
How Airpods stay firm, if i use it while jogging/running and while driving on my bike
I have been using earpods from long time...earpods used to slip when i go for jog, looking at airpods where they can fell down while jogging or running and thus damaging the devices. In the same way, how can these airpods stay still when i'm driving in my bike?
I would like to suggest that, if there would have been a tracking mechanism for these devices then it would also be helpful for guys like me who forgets devices here and there and loosing one airpod and try to manage with other one because of not finding the other one anywhere... So,an in-built app like find my iphone, something like find my airpod will be greatful..!!!
- Asked by Guduru R from Kurnool
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How Airpods stay firm, if i use it while jogging/running and while driving on my bike)
Are the airpods bluetooth bandwidth hogs?
On my iphone 6s, I've noticed that I get distortion, and dropped calls when using my airpods in conjunction with my iwatch and my other bluetooth devices.
Is this a thing? If so, do I need to buy an iphone 7 to alleviate it?
- Asked by Jim A from Cedar Park
- 02 2, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the airpods bluetooth bandwidth hogs?)
I do think it's a thing, trying to ride my bike with Strava pulling the heart rate from my Apple Watch and listening to music with both AirPods, I get the same issue. Run one AirPod, no problem. Not sure if a new phone would solve that problem.
- Answered by Sean M from Calgary
- 02 21, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are the airpods bluetooth bandwidth hogs?)
Are there any anti-theft protections for Air Pods?
It seems to me, that sticking a gun in someone's face and taking their APs is a very convenient way for a criminal to make $100. Has Apple baked in the ability to remote shut down Air Pods or does it plan to? Does the Air Pod require a secured connection via password encryption? Etc?
- Asked by Darrick H from Beaverton
- 02 4, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any anti-theft protections for Air Pods?)
So.... Will earbuds no longer be included with the phone purchase?
Just trying to figure out how bougiese Apple is going to get.
- Asked by Allison F from Charlotte
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (So.... Will earbuds no longer be included with the phone purchase?)
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will come with Lightning EarPods that connect through the Lightning port on the phone.
- Answered by Joseph B from Easton
- 09 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (So.... Will earbuds no longer be included with the phone purchase?)
Are these water resistant?
- Asked by Yogith Reddy K from Hamilton
- 09 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these water resistant?)