Questions & Answers for EarPods with Lightning Connector
66 Questions from the Community
The audio signal through the lightning port will be digital not analog like the old 3.5mm jack's analog stereo signal. This should result in enhanced sound quality. However, not many people can hear a significant difference through Apple's lightning headphones.
It would be like connecting an iPhone to an external digital amplifier via the lightning port; Digital to digital suffers no sound depreciation unlike an analogue signal through a stereo jack. The sound quality of the digital signal is then determined by the quality of the amplification, speakers or headphones, not the signal itself.
- Answered by Mikey K
- 01 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is EarPods with Lightning Connector are still analogue or digital headphones?)
The previous model of EarPods have a 3.5mm Headphone Jack adapter for use with devices equipped with a headphone jack. The EarPods with Lightning Connector are only compatible with Lightning Port equipped devices.
- Answered by Josue S from Mcallen
- 04 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the difference between the earpods with lightning connector and the normal earpods?)
Does this no longer come with the plastic case that came with the 3.5's?
- Asked by Steven C from Milford
- 09 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this no longer come with the plastic case that came with the 3.5's?)
Will these new EarPods work with previous Lightning products?
- Asked by Juan H from Miami Lakes
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these new EarPods work with previous Lightning products?)
Will these be compatible with the iPhone 6s?
I know they will work with the iPhone 7 & 7+ but will they work with any other iPhones
- Asked by Wes F from Rbc
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these be compatible with the iPhone 6s?)
Yes, but only after you update to iOS 10.
- Answered by Robert M from Venice
- 10 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will these be compatible with the iPhone 6s?)
What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?
Could I get a clarification? I've got a iPhone 6 Plus which came with the analog EarPods. Is there any functional or audible or comfort advantage to these Lightning EarPods?
- Asked by Bradley D from Nesconset
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?)
Can I use the headphones and charge my phone at the same time?
- Asked by Dyneesha B from Louisville
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the headphones and charge my phone at the same time?)
Nothing specifically outlined, but other headphones I've used that have both a 3.5mm version and a Lightning (or USB) version have always sounded better through the Lightning ones. Just richer, more detail. A good comparison, is the difference between speakers you buy in a supermarket, and speakers you buy from a music store :P
So nothing specific on paper, but if you get to try out a pair of the lightning ones and the 3.5mm ones side by side, I would expect the Lightning ones to sound better. Apple does a 14-day return policy so long as they're not damaged, so if there's nowhere nearby that you can try them out side by side, you could always buy a pair, listen to them and send them back if you don't feel they're worth the upgrade!
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- 09 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do the new EarPods with lightning connector have better specs than EarPods with plug.)
Do these come with a lighting to 3.5mm connector/USB-C so I can use these headphones with great Apple products like Facetime on my MacBookPro/Macbook?Answer
No, it does not.
Does this item work w either a tech 21 Evo Elite case would the tech 21 Mesh Sport Case be compatible as well by chance.Its for a iPhone 6 says it's+
No answers yet
Will these earpods be able to be plugged into the Imac keyboard to recieve audio from the keyboard opposed to having to plug in a 3.5mm standard jack?
What wersion of Bluetooth do the EarPods use?
Are the current EarPods using Bluetooth 4.1 or 4.2?
I see that Bluetooth 5.0 has been announced:
According to: www.bluetooth.com, bluetooth5 quadruples range, doubles speed, and increases data broadcasting capacity by 800%.
Thanks in advance,
- Asked by William F from Meadowbank
- 12 14, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What wersion of Bluetooth do the EarPods use?)
does it come with a carrying case like the previous earbuds?
- Asked by Paige H from Fayetteville
- 02 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (does it come with a carrying case like the previous earbuds?)
How can I use these headphones with my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Christian O from Hoboken
- 09 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use these headphones with my MacBook Pro?)
Will iPod Nano with lightning charging(most recent generation)receive an OS upgrade to allow the EarPods with Lightning Connector to work with it?