Questions & Answers for EarPods with Lightning Connector
69 Questions from the Community
Does the lightning connector use for connecting the EarPods mean that you can no longer listen to music on your phone and charge it at the same time?Answer
No,you can't charge your phone and listen to music or be on head Phones.Apple just removed the 3.5mm headphone jack. If you need to use your own headphones that don't have a lightning connecter they give you a small adapter that has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Answered by Zohair H from Sacramento
- 03 8, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the lightning connector use for connecting the EarPods mean that you can no longer listen to music on your phone and charge it at the same time?)
The audio signal through the lightning port will be digital not analog like the old 3.5mm jack's analog stereo signal. This should result in enhanced sound quality. However, not many people can hear a significant difference through Apple's lightning headphones.
It would be like connecting an iPhone to an external digital amplifier via the lightning port; Digital to digital suffers no sound depreciation unlike an analogue signal through a stereo jack. The sound quality of the digital signal is then determined by the quality of the amplification, speakers or headphones, not the signal itself.
- Answered by Mikey K
- 01 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is EarPods with Lightning Connector are still analogue or digital headphones?)
What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?
Could I get a clarification? I've got a iPhone 6 Plus which came with the analog EarPods. Is there any functional or audible or comfort advantage to these Lightning EarPods?
- Asked by Bradley D from Nesconset
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?)
What changes with lightning connector? I mean, is it better than the normal jack for any reasons? Or it is exactly the same thing?
Jack vs lightning
Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?
I like to listen to music while working. Sometimes there's training videos I need to watch at my desk as well. I don't want to disturb those around me, so I use headphones... actually, the same earbuds that I use with my iPhone because they're what I have on me and it's really convenient.
- Asked by Kevin F from Columbus
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?)
Lightning EarPods work on Other iPhones?
Will these Lightning EarPods work on the iPhone 6s Plus models?
- Asked by Crystal H from Chicago
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning EarPods work on Other iPhones?)
is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?
My case really limits the Chargers used the only charger that I have seen work is the apple charger, so would the connector on the EarPods be the same size as the charger or bigger?
- Asked by Zach L from Madison
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?)
Does anyone know were I can get a adapter for the iPhone 7 that i can charge and use wired headphones to listen music while charging using power bank