Questions & Answers for EarPods with Lightning Connector
74 Questions from the Community
Do they come with a travel case?
For the EarPods with 3.5mm connector, all the devices came with a travel case. So does this also include one, not only for individual purchase but also for the ones shipped with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Asked by Lijoy A
- 09 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they come with a travel case?)
If I have an iPhone 6S with a 3.5mm headphone plug is there any advantage (i.e. sound quality) to using the lightning connector?
- Asked by Bryan P from Austin
- 09 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have an iPhone 6S with a 3.5mm headphone plug is there any advantage (i.e. sound quality) to using the lightning connector?)
Does the lightning connector use for connecting the EarPods mean that you can no longer listen to music on your phone and charge it at the same time?Answer
No,you can't charge your phone and listen to music or be on head Phones.Apple just removed the 3.5mm headphone jack. If you need to use your own headphones that don't have a lightning connecter they give you a small adapter that has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Answered by Zohair H from Sacramento
- 03 8, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the lightning connector use for connecting the EarPods mean that you can no longer listen to music on your phone and charge it at the same time?)
The audio signal through the lightning port will be digital not analog like the old 3.5mm jack's analog stereo signal. This should result in enhanced sound quality. However, not many people can hear a significant difference through Apple's lightning headphones.
It would be like connecting an iPhone to an external digital amplifier via the lightning port; Digital to digital suffers no sound depreciation unlike an analogue signal through a stereo jack. The sound quality of the digital signal is then determined by the quality of the amplification, speakers or headphones, not the signal itself.
- Answered by Mikey K
- 01 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is EarPods with Lightning Connector are still analogue or digital headphones?)
The previous model of EarPods have a 3.5mm Headphone Jack adapter for use with devices equipped with a headphone jack. The EarPods with Lightning Connector are only compatible with Lightning Port equipped devices.
- Answered by Josue S from Mcallen
- 04 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the difference between the earpods with lightning connector and the normal earpods?)
What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?
Could I get a clarification? I've got a iPhone 6 Plus which came with the analog EarPods. Is there any functional or audible or comfort advantage to these Lightning EarPods?
- Asked by Bradley D from Nesconset
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What advantage do these have the earlier EarPods?)
What changes with lightning connector? I mean, is it better than the normal jack for any reasons? Or it is exactly the same thing?
Jack vs lightning
Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?
I like to listen to music while working. Sometimes there's training videos I need to watch at my desk as well. I don't want to disturb those around me, so I use headphones... actually, the same earbuds that I use with my iPhone because they're what I have on me and it's really convenient.
- Asked by Kevin F from Columbus
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use these with my Dell laptop at work?)
is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?
My case really limits the Chargers used the only charger that I have seen work is the apple charger, so would the connector on the EarPods be the same size as the charger or bigger?
- Asked by Zach L from Madison
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?)
Does anyone know were I can get a adapter for the iPhone 7 that i can charge and use wired headphones to listen music while charging using power bank
How can these Lightning EarPods be used with my new MacBook? Is there an adapter for it, so I don't need to carry an extra set of earbuds?
I only want to carry one set of earbuds when I travel with my iPhone 7 and new Retina MacBook. Is there an adapter that allows me to use my new Lightning EarPods on the MacBook? Or do I have to carry two sets of earbuds now?
- Asked by Blueberry L from Toluca Lake
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can these Lightning EarPods be used with my new MacBook? Is there an adapter for it, so I don't need to carry an extra set of earbuds?)
Please let us know as soon as you find one. As of today (October 14th 2016), I cannot find any lightning to MALE 3.5 jack adapter. It would be nice to use my earpods with my MacBook Pro... I can't even think why this does not exist yet.