How to set up dual monitor?
I've got two of these, but each comes with one input, so I'm not sure I can daisy-chain it like Mac -> lg1 -> lg2. Alternatively, I thought I could do dual output, like Mac -> lg1, Mac -> lg2, but will it work? I could also get a usb-c signal splitter, but I'd prefer one fewer equipment if the dual output solution works.
What's your solution?
- Asked by Zhanwen C from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate (How to set up dual monitor?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
1 Answer from the Community
My screens arrived today and they are frankly awesome. I'm afraid you cannot daisy chain them, I have tried purchasing active cables as well as passive cables to check daisy chaining, but I can confirm it is not possible. To run these screens you will require the latest 15" MacBook Pro /w Touchbar late 2016 model or later. All the cables in the box work for the system, and you simply plug in one cable into one slot and the second into another slot. (slot = USB C Port). I would recommend downloading the LG Screen management as it maps all of your windows to fit sections of the monitor.
Have a good day,
- Answered by Sammy H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this tablet support dual monitors?
- Asked by Kelly C from Fremont
- 23 Feb, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this tablet support dual monitors?)
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch Tabl…
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
- Asked by Daniel M
- 10 Jan, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Does this support the use of dual external monitors using the USB-C plug to a compatible USB-C display as well as the HDMI output?
- Asked by Greg B from West Des Moines
- 7 Aug, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this support the use of dual external monitors using the USB-C plug to a compatible USB-C display as well as the HDMI output?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter