I have a white 2008 macbook,2.4ghz intel core 2 duo 2gb memory 667 mhz ddr2 sdram, can i upgrade from os x lion to mountain lion
1 Answer from the Community
No, as your graphics chip is sadly incompatible with Mountain Lion (despite only requiring a driver or two, but that's apple for you). I believe there is also an issue with the BIOS, or the computer firmware, not being compatible as well. My mid-2007 Black Macbook suffers from this premature death as well, but Lion is still great. I recommend maxing out your ram (6GB Maximum, 4GB supported by Apple) and installing an SSD to make your machine lightning quick. LONG LIVE THE WHITE MACBOOK! Hope I helped you out.
- Answered by Charles C from Cedarburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work to upgrade to IOS X Yosimite to my Mac OS X 10.6.8 ; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM? I have no clue...
- Asked by Michael S from Round Rock
- 18 Mar, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to upgrade to IOS X Yosimite to my Mac OS X 10.6.8 ; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM? I have no clue...)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…
Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Austin T from Sapulpa
- 24 Aug, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express