can i use this adapter with a HDMI cable to connect a 2009 mac pro to my 27inch 5k 2015 iMac, and use the 27inch iMac as a monitor for my 2009 mac pro
1 Answer from the Community
No. Search for macOS User Guide document "Use your iMac as a display". It says: "Note: Target Display Mode isn’t supported on iMac models with Retina display. Only iMac (27-inch, Late 2009), iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010), and iMac (Mid 2011 to Mid 2014) support Target Display Mode." Maybe third party software/hardware such as "Luna Display" can do what you want.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use on iMac,27 inch,late 2015
- Asked by Joe H from Frederick
- 13 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate can I use on iMac,27 inch,late 2015
Would this work for target display mode with a 2009 27 inch iMac running macOS Sierra and a 2019 16 inch MacBook pro?
- Asked by Orlando C from Mt Waverley
- 27 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Would this work for target display mode with a 2009 27 inch iMac running macOS Sierra and a 2019 16 inch MacBook pro?
Can I use my old iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) as the 2nd display for the new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) connecting with the Thunderbolt Cable?