Would this be suitable to connect a 1440p monitor to an iMac via HDMI to obtain a 1440p resolution?
1 Answer from the Community
I've just tried it and it failed. I have a late 2012 iMac 27" and I bought a new Benq 27" 1440p monitor to use as a second display. I've tried numerous connections: Mini display port to DVi/HDMI (with 2k-4k HDMI lead and this belkin adapter). According to Apple Support if you're connecting a second monitor above 1080p on a 27" iMac dated BEFORE 2013 - it will not work. You have to buy the VERY EXPENSIVE Dual-Link adapter for $99 US or £99 UK.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive and if it doesn't work I'll have to send the Benq back and if i want a second monitor running at 1440p I'll have to consider buying a new iMac. Deliberate plan from Apple?
- Answered by Stephen H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use an iPad hdmi adapter to connect to two monitors?
- Asked by Joshua W from Ashland
- 19 Nov, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use an iPad hdmi adapter to connect to two monitors?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Is it possible to connect , via an adapter or cable, directly to an DP or miniDP Monitor. Or must it be a HDMI connector at the Monitor ?
- Asked by Wieland S
- 27 Dec, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect , via an adapter or cable, directly to an DP or miniDP Monitor. Or must it be a HDMI connector at the Monitor ?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter